Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Formal Pictures after ceremony

How long do you think I will need for formal pictures after the ceremony? FI and I have 10 people in our WP. My ceremony is at 5, and it's going to last for a half hour at most. After that, I figured I would need 30 minutes for the receiving line and pictures with parents/grandparents. Would an hour be enough for formal pictures? I don't really have time to do pictures before the ceremony so I don't think that's an option. 

Re: Formal Pictures after ceremony

• edited December 2011
    Is your ceremony going to be at the same place as your reception? Do you want to do off-site photos for the WP or for yourself and your husband?

Another thing to keep in mind is that your ceremony is probably going to start late. I would plan an hour and a half if you want to do formal pictures as well. Another thing to consider is how many shots do you want of yourself and your husband without anyone else involved? You definitely want to get all of the WP and family pics done, but how much time do you want to give yourself for non-WP pics?

I would talk with your photographer(s). They have a lot of experience and can give you some ideas based on what you want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • shwethasrinshwethasrin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The ceremony and reception are at the same location, and we were thinking of going to a different location about 10 minutes away for pictures. I figured we could do family pictures right after the ceremony in the garden where we'll be having it, probably about a half hour, and then leave for an hour to get WP and just bride and groom pictures taken
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer requires 1.5 hr at least 0/5 hr before the ceremony starts for pictures and up to 1.5 hr for formal portraits after the ceremony itself.  Plus you have to take into account if you want to see each other before the ceremony or not and which pictures you can get before the ceremony separately.

Plus I will have someone I trust with my own camera doing candids for me.  And I plan to take my own shots of the reception hall & ceremony area set up before the guests get there.
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards