California-Los Angeles
Options

Alfred Angelo Trip

Hello ladies...

So I went looking at dresses for the first time. Just wanted to share a few pictures.

The first two dresses are only $199...they are discontinued...can you believe the prices?!?

I liked the first one but when I tried on the second one, I realized I like more detail better.

The third one is my favorite (of the ones I tried on)...and of course its regular price...lol

It was rather interesting to try dresses on though....boy was I tired when I was done. The other dresses I didnt like so they were not worth taking pictures.

Let me know what you ladies think about them!

AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Alfred Angelo Trip

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They all look really nice on you.  I really like the second one.  I think the straps look good.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jagore - The funny thing is, I was only trying on ones that had no straps on them but when I put that one on, I actually liked it with the straps...

So I guess I will be open to dresses WITH straps now...ha ha

Photobucket

• Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the second one!!!  I think the v-neck is very flattering on you!   I think Alfred Angelo is very reasonable and the dresses are really pretty...and a more intimate type store than David's Bridal or Downtown LA.  All my BM are getting there dresses there.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH YEAH??? Did your FI come with you to shop as he mentioned?????
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I kind of like the first one more.  But honestly I have never been a fan of pick ups. The third one reminds me of Mona Lisa Royale I tried on.  I didn't like the pointed up and down line the went through the dress, for me it was too much stylistically and after looking at myself in the mirror in that dress I had enough and didn't want to think of wearing it--but maybe it's right for you.  Gowns are all about personality and personal tastes rather than a one size fits all approach.

There is no one perfect wedding gown that fits for all girls.  The right one is the one that you cannot stop thinking about. Keep in mind the ones that you like best from each try on. Go to other salons, but if you feel drawn to a certain dress revisit the salon and try on the dress you were drawn to again, it will help you get a better vision.

I don't recommend visiting multiple salons on the same day. Just like I don't recommend visiting multiple reception venues on the same day.  After awhile having so much information thrown at you so fast will bleed together.  That's why its better to do one venue, one vendor, one salon at a time.  It gives you breathing room to look back on each experience without having the immediate pressure of comparing to another venue.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lala - FI did NOT go...and I am glad that he didnt.

Tililea - I must say that I have gone to different reception venues in one day...NOT fun at all...with thr dress, I will be sure to take my time...

Photobucket

• Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Tilliea that you should pick the dress that YOU love....and perhaps it will be a surprise for your FI on wedding day?!?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that is what is best...

He doesnt need to see me in it before...or help me pick it out...

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    And, just like you realized that you liked dresses with straps, be open to trying on a bunch of styles.  The dress I bought was one my consultant picked out and it was completely different from anything that I ever dreamed I would want, but I fell in love.  I thought I was an a-line girl, but turns out I was a trumpet style gal. :o)  Good luck and have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I liked the 2nd dress the best. I say the straps are a winner :)
  • Options
    23sb23sb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, the second gown popped out at me the most. I remember trying on gowns was tiring too, but yeah keep looking
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also agree on the 2nd dress. I thought it looked great. Hope the dress search goes great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i really like the 2nd one as well. its very flattering Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ended up getting a strapless dress - and I NEVER thought I would. Although I might put straps on it. So yeah, be open to trying on anything!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards