Getting in Shape

My Body Gallery

sherrbear posted this on another board, but I think it's perfect for this board too.

http://www.mybodygallery.com

It's pictures of real women at all different weights, heights and clothing sizes.

I think this really helps you see how you might look to other people.  I know how hard it is to look in the mirror and not just see a fat blob, especially if you've lost weight.

I know for me this has helped me figure out a better goal weight/size than any calculator online.  I want to have muscles and have curves.  I don't want to be skinny fat and scrawny, so something like this is a better goal for me than "get to 140 lbs".
We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My Body Gallery

• Love it! Thanks for posting this!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow thanks for sharing! What great motivation to see where I could be just 10 lbs from here! Also, I think I'm changing my goal weight!
  • Thanks that is really a good site!  That is the biggest thing my FI gets frustrated with is my self view if you will.  I can't seem to just be happy with what I see in the mirror even when I was at my lowest weight and despite the fact that I am only 17 days away from running my first half marathon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hmmm this is really helpful! I definitely like the way the other girls my height, weight etc look, but don't see that in myself when I look in the mirror. This makes me feel pretty good. =)
  • Wow, the amount of variance in the shape of the women at my height and weight is pretty astounding. I agree with Raynes that it really shows you how a having a goal weight is not particularly useful.
  • Thank you so much for sharing. I was shockingly surprised! *Whew*
  • There was only one picture for my ht/wt/shape and if that's how other people see me....well...I'm officially depressed for the day. :( 
    ~*~ We are just two people who found each other. No more, no less. ~*~ Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest My journey to a better me.
  • juliet, make your search broader.  Select a smaller picture size, and keep in mind clothing sizes too! 

Don't be depressed!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for posting this! It is very helpful.
    ~~~grammatically incorrect~~~
  • I love this.  It's really awesome for my "inspiration board."  I think I've posted here that I don't like using pictures of other women as my goals, because there's a lot of variance... but here, I can choose body shape, height, frame, etc.  Fantastic! Thanks Raynes and Sherr :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I love this site because it really does show that having a "goal weight" really doesn't mean much. There are girls at my height and weight that vary in sizes from a 2 to an 8! That's a HUGE difference.

Reminds me not to get hung up on the pounds.

Thanks for posting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay!! I'm so glad you ladies like it :) Raynes, thank you for spreading the love!

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • I know this was supposed to be helpful but unfortunately it wasn't for me. If thats how some people view me, I feel worse off than I did to begin with....
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Well, apparently I'm a freak when my body shows up with no results...what does that mean!?!

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_body-gallery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:7db9979b-8515-4fff-a238-faa6b61a2504Post:5b771618-cff9-42dd-8292-8227c5478177">Re: My Body Gallery</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, apparently I'm a freak when my body shows up with no results...what does that mean!?!
    Posted by mstar284[/QUOTE]

Well, it obviously means you're a freak!

(Just kidding, of course. I would try "loosening" your search--I had to look 10 pounds up and down, with all different pants size to get a good idea of people in my height/weight range.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards