Nevada-Las Vegas

Ceremony Please Help

Our wedding is less than four months away and we have not chosen a ceremony site yet. I have been researching since last summer and just cannot decide. We know we want an evening ceremony, preferably a lit gazebo but those are few and far between. We can't decide on a budget, half of me wants to keep it cheap since the whole thing lasts about 15 minutes and we are paying for everything ourselves but the other half of me wants to keep it from being cheesy which costs $$. Also it is our wedding ceremony it should be nice, what I always dreamed/envisioned blah blah blah lol

We have narrowed it down to a few
1. Mandalay Bay- valley of the falls package
2. Stratosphere (so many packages to choose from I have no idea)
3. Gazebo through Las Vegas Weddings
4. Mon Bel Ami gazebo

I appreciate any ideas, comments, advice you may have for me!!
Thanks
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Ceremony Please Help

• Where is your reception?  Where are you staying?
  • Forgive me but how can your wedding be 4 months away if you don't have a place and time set for it? Correct me if I'm wrong and didn't read your post correctly. I would just call around ASAP and see what slots are available around the time you two are thinking. The majority of Vegas venues book long in advance. This board is the best place, the other ladies here will have tons of suggestions for you!
  • I am going with chapel of the flowers, I know they have a lit gazebo but I only think ut seats a limited amount of guests might be worth checking out they are very reasonable with prices and you can tailor a package to what is important to you
  • I'm using Vegas Weddings and have been happy with the amount of help I've gotten from them.  

My only suggestion would be to think carefully about having an outdoor ceremony in the summer in Vegas.  It's going to be hotter than hell.  :)
  • We booked at the chapel at Imperial Palace, but our other option was the Gazebo at the Flamingo.  They actually have two gazebo locations, and they have some pretty cheap packages, or I believe you can do a la carte, and just pick the options you want.  Their grounds are really pretty, and the coordinators are all super nice!

And you can bring in your own photographer for only $150!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yep you read correctly, we chose 6/6/12 for our date. We only have 10 guests coming and we are staying at Mandalay Bay. I fully understand how crazy I am for waiting to the last minute to book a ceremony location but I just cannot make a decision and all FI says is "whatever you decide is fine babe" which is obviously no help. I got a travel agent last week, but he hasn't been much help either. I guess it will end up coming down to wherever still has our date available when I finally make a decision lol. Atleast it's a week day so it may be a little easier than a Saturday...

We hope to book the DD bus for our "reception" and just have some drinks afterwards.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited February 2012
    I apologize if I don't have all the context, but I do hope you're serving at least some sort of food for your guests.  If they're travelling from Ohio, the least you can do is serve them dinner.  You don't have to spend thousands of dollars, either.  If you're already thinking of Mon Ami Gabi, you could have your ceremony/reception in the same location.

You may want to check around the hotels near MB to see if you can find an open timeslot.
  • If you guys are staying at MB, I'd go for the Valley of the Falls Wedding :) 
  • mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We got married at the Graceland Chapel and they have a gazebo outside, though I'm not sure if they do ceremonies out there or not...  with only 10 guests it might be doable, who knows!  Only thing to watch out for is the heat... Even in September our guests weren't too crazy about it, so I can only imagine what a wedding in June/July/August would be like.

I agree with PPs that I hope you're providing a meal for your guests after the ceremony.  With them traveling all that way to share in your special day, it's only appropriate to properly host them.  (We also did the DDB as part of our reception, though- our guests loved it!)
  • I'd check out Chapel of the Flowers. They do have a gazebo, not sure if it will accomodate your guest count- but they also have the Glass Gardens which are beautiful at night (had my ceremony there). It helps that your date is a weekday but I would book ASAP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!

We do plan on feeding our guests! We will however be eating before the ceremony, since it is a late one and we have our hearts set on the DD bus following the ceremony. We are hosting the meal at Mix so it makes the most sense to have the cermony at MB as well! I called yesterday and ended up with a pretty good deal!

Thanks again for all the input.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you're already hosting a meal at Mix, you could get married there too, that's what we did.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards