California-Tahoe

Rant about a potential vendor (who has since been crossed off the list)

I'm not naming names online, but if you really need to know who the vendor is....just PM me.

I called a potential venue up and spoke to the Group Sales Coordinator. When I told her that my event is to take place in August 2012....she became immediately short tempered and chastised me for calling "so early", and that "we don't even start thinking about 2012 until November, and if you want early August, we're already booked." WTH? She contradicted herself.

I stated that the event was to be in mid August, so that wouldn't be an issue.

"Well, if you bring in your own caterer, we charge a fee, but if you use our caterer in house, we give you a discount on the rental".

Okay, that sounds fine. We don't have an issue paying an upcharge.

The kicker was:

"Where are you guys from? How big is your event?"

"XXXXX, Nevada....guest list is 300".

"(snickers) Well, you guys are too big for us. Have you called your local park in XXXXX? I wouldn't want locals taking up a booking when they could go elsewhere."

She did NOT say that! That was rude!

End of Rant.
"Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....

Re: Rant about a potential vendor (who has since been crossed off the list)

• Jaime E.Jaime E. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What???? That's awful. I love all of our couples, but definitely have a special place in my heart for the locals... it's a relatively small town and we need to look out for each other. Hopefully something bigger and better came along :)

-Jaime
    Rose Street Studio - Photo. Video. Photobooth.
  • edited December 2011
    North Tahoe Events Center is where we're pointed towards next.
    We've considered: SPP (where we're going to call next if NTEC doesn't work out.).
    We've contacted/visited/dismissed: Camp Richardson, Zephyr Cove, Valhalla, Sand Harbor.

FI is really, really set on a Lakeside ceremony. Yet, with the amount of people that we have and restrictions such as "must be on a hard surface for accessibility reasons", we're finding it hard to find ceremony venues.

At least we've settled on the Caterer, Bakery, Dress and Dress vendor, His attire, Florist, Entertainment (Photo Booth rental) and reception decoration.
    "Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • Hi! I was curious who you selected for your entertainment? My brother and his fiancé are having a destination wedding in tahoe and I'm mrs. Coordinator :) Any help would be fab!! Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards