Florida-South Florida
Options

NWR: What would you do if...

Someone got engaged at your wedding? I have no clue why, but this is a huge fear of mine! That someone will get down on one knee and propose to his/her significant other on my big day. I know I tend to think up the craziest things! I was just wondering how you would handle it if it were to happen to you, and thought it would be a fun convo topic, and I'm bored at work lol  :)

Re: NWR: What would you do if...

• Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would clap and congratulate them but be seriously appalled 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is a funny question. I'm sooo tired of writing letters at work, so I'll play along. :)

If this happened at my wedding, I think I would get really upset that someone would have the nerve to hijack mine and FI's special day.  My friends wouldn't dare do this so I'm not worried, but I would probably disown them as friends for awhile if they did. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    plswitzeplswitze member
    edited December 2011
    I would get on the table and sing "it's my party and i'll cry if I want to!" JK!!! I dont know what I'd do!! I'd be in shock! My younger sister got engaged a few months after me, and I have to admit (judge me if you wish) I had to swallow the "seriously wtf, this year??!" feelings.
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd chug a glass of wine and try to move on with my night while pretending not to mind but whining to fi about it - I live how I use a glass of wine to fix my problems. Depending on who it is I may do a shot of tequila instead. If it was my cousin whose my age and been divorced 3 times and broken off a fourth engagement I'd prob need the tequila!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    plswitzeplswitze member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_nwr-would-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:c78938eb-a902-458c-8868-5d75148f4b8bPost:e1af65b2-c498-467c-9e80-f960914fb354">Re: NWR: What would you do if...</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it was my cousin whose my age and been divorced 3 times and broken off a fourth engagement I'd prob need the tequila!
    Posted by quiggels219[/QUOTE]

<div>aaaahahahah. I'm doing my reception on a yacht... i'd throw her overboard! LOL</div>
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd be furious.. for lack of a nice Knot word, lol.

Maybe I'm a raging Bridezilla but that's not okay in my book. HOWEVER, I'd smile and try to shift the focus back onto our day... 

I wouldn't be too worried though!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, this would be a huge wedding guest no-no! I would be apalled if anyone did this at our wedding. If it happened though, I would probably smile, clap, congratulate the couple (holding in my anger) and then move on to our party. I've never heard of this happening so hopefully it never happens to any of us!
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    edited December 2011
    I actually saw this happen on an episoe of "Whose wedding is it anyway"!  It was a Miami bride that got married at the Sonesta and I actually knew her.  I think she was in on it, and it happened towards the end of her reception.  I'd still be mad though.
  • Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    edited December 2011
    If it were one of my good friends I probably wouldn't care but I also don't think any of them would do that.  Even if it were to happen, the excitement would only be on them for a few minutes, but your white dress would remind them whose day it was!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards