Indiana-Indianapolis

Caterers...something different

Can anyone suggest a caterer that might offer something different than the traditional buffet food?  We still want buffet style but were wondering if there were options other than 2 meats, veggies, salad...etc.  

Re: Caterers...something different

• Do you know what kind of menu or items you are looking for?  What I have learned during my planning experiences is to tell the vendors exactly what I want, and if they cannot help I continue looking.  I refuse to pay all of this money and it not represent my fiance and I!  Ask the previous caters you have talked with to see if they have different menus or will make one personally for you.  Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out Thomas Caterers of Distinction -- their food is awesome!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_catererssomething-different?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:611Discussion:43a438a7-b9df-48a0-a962-d8da9145858bPost:0facb3be-d7dc-4b5e-9758-98f4c2755a76">Re: Caterers...something different</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you know what kind of menu or items you are looking for?  What I have learned during my planning experiences is to tell the vendors exactly what I want, and if they cannot help I continue looking.  I refuse to pay all of this money and it not represent my fiance and I!  Ask the previous caters you have talked with to see if they have different menus or will make one personally for you.  Good Luck!
    Posted by busyPAD[/QUOTE]

I agree with this! I think most caterers jump at the opportunity to do something different, but they don't put that on their standard menu because it's not what people expect to see. Ask upfront for different options to see how flexible they are!
  • Black Diamond catering might be what you are looking for: blackdiamondbbqcatering.com I tried their bbq at a Christmas party and it was really good.

• The Malones are good people. You might try them. I've seen them do numerous types of events with all sorts of menus.
    http://www.malonescatering.net/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards