Connecticut

Vendor reviews!

Hi all...got married 3 weeks ago, happily a Mrs now! :)  I remember how much I liked reading everyone else reviews, so I hope these reviews help some of you out!

Reception: Farmington Club - A+
Everything was awesome.  Food was great, many guests commented on how wonderful (and plentiful!) it was, service was great, ballroom was beautiful.  Everything was done just how I asked.

Cake: Luigi's in Bridgeport - A
The cake was delicious!  we ordered a chocolate/vanilla cake with cannoli cream filling.  yum!  they were very nice to work with and the price was very reasonable!  My only slight complaint is that the swirls on the cake weren't exactly what i had in mind- but that's my own fault, I could have given them a picture or more detail.  it was still pretty, and yummy!

Dress (and BM dresses): Delianne (Waterbury) = A
Michelle was fabulous to work with, helped me find my dream dress, and customize it to make it uniquely mine.  My dress & the girls' dresses came in on time, were properly altered, and came out great.  The moms also got their dresses there and were very happy.  They were great at fixing my mom's dress that came in in the wrong size and needed major alterations.  The only reason they didn't get an A+ was because they were a little snippy during prom season about getting me in for fittings.

Tuxes: Delianne (waterbury) - B
We thought it would be convenient to get the tuxes at the same place as the dresses....but they seem to be better at dresses.  A lot of the guys ended up having to go back for alterations, and one of the buttons came off my husband's tux right before the ceremony!  (thankfully his mom had a needle & thread!)  Also, we discovered last minute that my dad's shirt had been swapped out with a different one, and the sleeves were too short.  They ran a replacement shirt over to the house, but those sleeves were too short as well.  All in all, they tried to resovle everything and everyone looked good in the end, but I don't think it was the best place to get the tuxes. 

Limos: Expressway Limo - A
They were on time, and good at helping me and my huge dress in and out of the cars!  the driver also fluffed my train before i went down the aisle.  Only minor complaint - there was some drama with a bag that got left in one of the limos - the driver claimed he didn't have it, but did eventually deliver it back to the reception hall.

DJ- Powerstation Events, Todd Armstrong - A++
Todd totally rocked the house!  He was great to work with, did everything we asked, checked in with us a few times about certain things, and was great at reading the crowd.  He kept the dancefloor going all night.

Photographer: Christa, Dolce Photography - A+
I've only seen a small preview of the wedding pictures, but what I have seen was utterly amazing.  Christa and her team were great to work with, and I love everything I've seen from her so far!  Our engagement pics came out awesome too.

Flowers - O'Rourke & Birch - A+
Flowers were beautiful, and pretty reasonably priced.  Ginny was very creative and came up with designs to fit my ideas.

Wow, that was long!  Sorry for the long post! - but I think I covered everything!  Let me know if I missed anything or you want more info on anything :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor reviews!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards