Snarky Brides

good morning!

It's Friday!  I am pretty happy about that. I can't wait for the weekend to start. I don't have to work on Monday (well, I am working, not teaching) and so it is kind of like having a 3 day weekend.

What do you ladies have planned this weekend? We are going to see DHs friends tonight and then tomorrow I am resting up for my race on Sunday.

Re: good morning!

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2011
    I deserve an extra night, after lastnight. Power was out in my chunk of the city until after midnight so I basically sat in the dark all evening, was too dark to read (and im currently reading world war z right now, so THAT was just not happening even if I coulda seen), and I was bored shitless the entire evening.

I fully realize that our windstorm is nothing in comparison to what happened in the states but weve NEVER had anything like this happen here. We went out and took some pics!

This is around the corner from my house

This is my old highschool down the street from me. My old elementary school a few blocks away had its roof ripped off!

Crazy!! City was a mess all night, trees down everywhere, houses ripped apart, just from plain old wind. Other than that, I will probably just fuckoff at work all morning watching royal wedding stuff, cause I didnt wake up for it (too tired), and thats my day!
  • Wow, I had no idea it was that bad out there....we had some recycling bins flown around. That's about it.
  • Holy crispy crap, Nebb! That's crazy!

I remember we'd get windstorms around Easter-time where I grew up. My brothers and I would run full speed and jump into the air, and the wind would blow us backward. We were easily entertained as children.

I'm so happy it's finally Friday. I'm hoping to get off early so I can go home and take a nap. I have been all about naps lately. Especially since I got up early for the Royal Wedding. I've been texting my mom about it all morning. Poor thing, she's on west coast time too. But she got up early for Princess Diana & Prince Charles' wedding 30 years ago, too, so she's all about it.

Tonight we're going to a concert in Ft Lauderdale, then tomorrow we're doing beach and then heading out on the town. Sunday is brunch, grocery shopping and cleaning. We've been slacking majorly in the housework department.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Good morning!  Happy Friday!!

Wow, Nebb I had no idea you guys had storms that bad last night.  I didn't sleep at all because of the ones we had here.  Partially because it was so loud and just scary sounding and partially because Sebastian was scared and refused to lay down, so he sat pretty much on my head all night, shaking.  And it really made me realize how badly we need the oak trees right by our house trimmed =/.

I'm so excited for the weekend though! I'm going to attempt to frame the three big, ugly, boring mirrors in our master bath and guest bath to resemble this (clicky) just not black since that wouldn't go with our bathrooms at all lol.

Annnnnnnd H wants to go out to celebrate Saturday so that will be fun =).

Have a great day everyone!  
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Todya my boss plans to sit in my office and learn what I do in a day, but told me not to clean up or prepare in any way. This sucks. The other sucky thing is that my coworker continues to drive me crazy because she refuses to listen and believe that I MIGHT possibly know the best way to reconcile a complicated bank statement that I have been reconciling for the past 4 years better than she can. She thinks she can do it "the easy" way. I feel like letting her spin her wheels for another 12 hours before showing her the 2 hour method, just to prove my point. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    It was literally JUST wind that did that, there was no rain and no storm or anything, just wind. I think the gusts got up to 124km/h in Niagara falls (right close to me) if thats any indication. We have a TON of huge trees in our hard (3 very large in the front, 4 very large in the back), and we ended up VERY lucky compared to other people in our neighborhood.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f90257d8-56dd-4392-8965-2e8a328edfa2Post:facae5e4-2d1f-44dd-9c4b-8a70b2799d34">Re: good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It was literally JUST wind that did that, there was no rain and no storm or anything, just wind. I think the gusts got up to 124km/h in Niagara falls (right close to me) if thats any indication. We have a TON of huge trees in our hard (3 very large in the front, 4 very large in the back), and we ended up VERY lucky compared to other people in our neighborhood.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't realize that.   Man that's scary! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My mom just texted me and said "I remember when you were 13 how you used to say that you were going to marry Prince William. And now you're going to!" haha. My mom's so cute.
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Morning!

Is anyone talking about the Royal Wedding yet? I woke up with the worst cramps of my life... and a migraine.  I'm staying home, which means catching up on my DVR'd  Royal Wedding.
  • Steph, I think the end of CCF's thread is about it. I'm trying in vain to find the real news this morning and all I find is this royal wedding drivel. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Morning!  I gave my alarm the finger when it went off at 4:30, but I did get up a bit earlier than normal so I could at least fastforward through the stuff I'd recorded to see the royals arriving and Kate's procession.  Fun!

We've got a bit of wind damage.  We only lost a few shingles, but our neighbour lost a ton, and half ended up on our lawn.  A piece of soffit under our porch (the stuff with holes that allows air to circulate through your attic space) was fully ripped off, and the siding from one side of our addition was pulled loose.  Our trees dropped a TON of sticks/branches and our shed was tipped over, bringing the heavy ass snow blower with it.  Holy wind batman!

A tree just down the street from us fell into the road.  While I hate our stick dropping trees, I'm really glad they stayed up.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f90257d8-56dd-4392-8965-2e8a328edfa2Post:64e537e1-3f96-4b0d-9845-6387f85acfb1">Re: good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I turned on the Royal Wedding in time to see them recessing out.  She looks so beautiful.  Her dress was really the only thing I wanted to see and I thought it was very understated and classy. Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. The news lady pissed me off because she said, "I can't believe her dress was so plain." Eff you lady! She isn't gaudy like you. I thought she looked pretty and elegant.

HOLYCRAP Nebb! That is crazy that the wind did that. All this weather stuff and crazy storms are scary.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Good Morning Ladies!

I didn't see any Royal Wedding at all...I am trying to find a picture of the dress, I hear it's gorgeous!

Nothing exciting for me today - working my day job, then working my night job ~ the excitement never ends!

Hope you all have a great day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f90257d8-56dd-4392-8965-2e8a328edfa2Post:7eaa2790-ffb1-4d97-b966-d5eeaac28b35">Re: good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: good morning! : <a href="http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2011/royal.wedding/interactive/gallery.wedding.key.moments/?hpt=C2" rel='nofollow'>http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2011/royal.wedding/interactive/gallery.wedding.key.moments/?hpt=C2</a>
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Mrs. Duds - she's so beautiful.
  • Good morning all. I don't have much planned for this weekend. I have a tattoo appointment on Sunday, gotta get my back done before the wedding. I am taking a friend wedding dress shopping on Saturday. They decided last week to get married on July 23, OMG I should throw a fit it's only 5 weeks after mine.<--Sarcasm font. They have been engaged for a little over two years and together for 13, it's time. I'm happy to help her plan, she wants nothing to do with planning. It also looks like we are all going on our honeymoons together. Should be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see the Mayan ruins, and I won't have to ask a stranger to take our picture. Bonus.

As for the windstorm, crazy. We have had some bad winds, a few small things getting damaged, but nothing like that. The weather is just going crazy lately
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f90257d8-56dd-4392-8965-2e8a328edfa2Post:e23a3524-2589-49b0-85fa-42161cc98f72">Re: good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning all. I don't have much planned for this weekend. I have a tattoo appointment on Sunday, gotta get my back done before the wedding. I am taking a friend wedding dress shopping on Saturday. They decided last week to get married on July 23, OMG I should throw a fit <strong>it's only 5 weeks after mine</strong> .<--Sarcasm font. They have been engaged for a little over two years and together for 13, it's time. I'm happy to help her plan, she wants nothing to do with planning. It also looks like we are all going on our honeymoons together. Should be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see the Mayan ruins, and I won't have to ask a stranger to take our picture. Bonus. As for the windstorm, crazy. We have had some bad winds, a few small things getting damaged, but nothing like that. The weather is just going crazy lately
    Posted by Y I Oughta[/QUOTE]

What the hell?? How are you supposed to maintain your hold on your wedding YEAR if she's going to go and get married in 2011 also.  Some people. ;)
  • Good morning, ladies.
    It's going to be cold all weekend, with a chance of show (high 41*?  wtf - it's almost May).  Boo.  I want spring.  And, it doesn't help that my daughter is on her way to Florida for 6 days.

Have a great day, everyone!

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm ready for the weekend, like nobody's business!  Have my hair and makeup trial tomorrow.  Will take pictures, I promise.  :-)

I liked Kate's dress, but did I like it $440,000 worth?  Probably not.  Also, I kept imagining AATB in that dress, with her boobs.  That would've been something to see!  :-) 
  • Morning Ladies!

I got up just in time to see Prince William and Kate leaving the church. I was a little peeved that they didnt have some weather and traffic. Some of us have to go to work. But Kate was so stunning and elegant, her dress is just gorgeous. And I really liked the understated tiara she wore. They are so cute together.

This weekend we have to buy a chainsaw to chop down part of the tree that fell  in our backyard due to winds.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f90257d8-56dd-4392-8965-2e8a328edfa2Post:87e7ca66-aba1-466e-9062-aaa3d5fd0c16">Re: good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm ready for the weekend, like nobody's business!  Have my hair and makeup trial tomorrow.  Will take pictures, I promise.  :-) I liked Kate's dress, but did I like it $<strong>440,000 worth</strong>?  Probably not.  Also, I kept imagining AATB in that dress, with her boobs.  That would've been something to see!  :-) 
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

Whaaaa? That was sooooooo not worth it. It looked to me like something from the 90's or from Maggie Sotero. It wasn't anything special. I guess you sacrifice some design power when you marry a prince.

AATB would have looked much better in it than Kate.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Well from what I read about the lace and how it was made in the old Irish tradition, and the material the actual dress was made of I see where the cost might come in since it was pretty much made by hand. But $440,000 is a little much.
  • I believe the price was so high because of the type of silk used and the fact that she collaberated with the designer on the look of the dress.

I think I expected the skirt and train to have more embellishment. I like it 10000000x better than Diana's dress though.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f90257d8-56dd-4392-8965-2e8a328edfa2Post:a840e625-28dd-486e-991c-bf753fdde7b2">Re: good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I believe the price was so high because of the type of silk used and the fact that she collaberated with the designer on the look of the dress. I think I expected the skirt and train to have more embellishment. <strong>I like it 10000000x better than Diana's dress though.
    </strong>Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Me too! But it was the 80's so everything was so much bigger then.
  • Good morning!

Thanks for the link, her dress is very lovely and damn im jealous of her body in it. I honestly didnt know that was on last night. Like some, I really just wanted to see the dress. And I like that she didnt go over the top. Its a very modern version of what you would expect from past royal weddings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • crose, there was actually some controversy over her losing too much weight for the wedding. Some people thought she was looking too thin.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f90257d8-56dd-4392-8965-2e8a328edfa2Post:4f4269a9-054b-4adf-8cd9-b62fe6af00bb">Re: good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]crose, there was actually some controversy over her losing too much weight for the wedding. Some people thought she was looking too thin.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Really? I guess I dont know how thin she is normally. But I bet she lost some due to stress too. Can you imagine a royal wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I had an exam this morning. So I woke up at 6:30 and caught the very end of the ceremony. I was kind of disappointed in the dress. Kate looked absolutely beautiful. I just felt the dress was lacking a little. I wasn't crazy about the bodice deisgn.

I have another final tomorrow morning. I hate Saturday finals. Luckily, this is really just a normal midterm not a final. The professor decided not to have a cumulative final as a present to the class. So close to being done.

Also, TK tells me how many days until the wedding. Yeah, know that it's under 30 I'm kind of starting the stress. I have a bunch of stuff left to do. Oh well, it will have to wait until after Tuesday when I have my last final.
  • Hey all! I couldn't sleep last night so I stayed up to watch the wedding. Now I'm getting a mani pedi before my friend's rehearsal tonight and the girl is getting pissed that I jerked my feet while she was scrubbing them. Uh, sorry biotch, I told you I was ticklish. It's notas if she were painting my toes yet and I screwed them up.
  • Whoa, Nebb.  We had some seriously howling wind in North Phoenix last night, but nothing compared to that!

I didn't plan to stay up for the royal wedding, but Hulu was streaming it after I finished catching up with Bones, so I tuned in for a little while.  I feel like a bit of a heel for saying this when half of TK was apparently in tears, but I found the entire thing entirely too ponderous to be moving.  There were little flashes of personality -- Harry's grin before the ceremony, Kate's small smile upon being pronounced husband and wife, and several stolen glances -- and those were very sweet... but on the whole, I found the entire thing so stiffly formal that it was completely lacking in the joy and exuberance I typically associate with weddings. 

In hindsight, it was exactly what I should have expected considering how much tradition and pomp and circumstance follows the royal family.  But, at the time, I was disappointed.
  • Good morning! I just got to work, and my alarm never went off, so I didn't get up early to FF through the Roal Wedding coverage I recorded. Damnit. I saw her dress and thought she looked amazing.

KODAWHYDIDN'TYOUTELLMEYOUPUTANOFFERONTHEHOUSEANDGOTIT?!?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards