Snarky Brides

Humpa Humpa Flame Day

Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day

• I have also seen the Hangover spelling, which gives me pause, but I probably wouldn't say anything about it. I was shocked that Cew warned her that the word could be offensive, so she decided it was a good time to whip out the original word, used twice in one sentence. WTF?
  • labrnr posts like a normal, helpful person on our club board. I don't know why there's so much ants in the pants elsewhere.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:8256cbdb-0f0d-4354-953e-f691dd9bf71f">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have also seen the Hangover spelling, which gives me pause, but I probably wouldn't say anything about it.<strong> I was shocked that Cew warned her that the word could be offensive, so she decided it was a good time to whip out the original word, used twice in one sentence. WTF?</strong>
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]
    Yup, this is what bothered me as well.  She was told it was offensive so she used it again?  That just comes across as trying to stir the pot.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:8256cbdb-0f0d-4354-953e-f691dd9bf71f">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have also seen the Hangover spelling, which gives me pause, but I probably wouldn't say anything about it. I was shocked that Cew warned her that the word could be offensive, so she decided it was a good time to whip out the original word, used twice in one sentence. WTF?
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

This I can agree with.  (For the record, I don't like the word either, I'm just being difficult today :) )

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Like I said, I read it the wrong way. I don't know what else I can do. I fucked up and I am sorry.

Dog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:87b606c5-bf72-4699-a872-f1b184e1acdf">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day : This I can agree with.  (For the record, I don't like the word either, I'm just being difficult today :) )
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    And that's different from the norm how?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:6251b3cb-dc1a-467e-a2ac-a8e9173be556">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]If Midgie had posted what she posted below say 3 weeks ago, I might not been as nice in my response. I can't believe she is that annoyed at losing a "perk" when it took my brother well over a year (and a lot of his pride) to find a job. You're still employed. Make it work.
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

I just have to correct one little tiny thing.  My company car is not a perk, it was part of my salary.  When I took my postion I had the option to choose no car and a higher rate of pay.  I chose less pay and a car.  Now they are taking the car, but not increasing my salary.
    No, that's not my real name. And FH's name isn't Nun (as in Nun ya bidness) either.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:2da5ec33-39f8-431e-99a4-c5ae532c6887">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like I said, I read it the wrong way. I don't know what else I can do. I fucked up and I am sorry.
    Posted by harmrose02[/QUOTE]
    Dude, it's FFW.  This is what we do.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:2da5ec33-39f8-431e-99a4-c5ae532c6887">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like I said, I read it the wrong way. I don't know what else I can do. I fucked up and I am sorry.
    Posted by harmrose02[/QUOTE]

No need to keep apologizing. Just move on.
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:e8f66fc7-1dab-40d8-9569-b3e9ea46a64a">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day : This.  The rest of us pay for our own cars and manage to get around just fine.  Welcome to adulthood.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

I just posted this in her thread, but if she has been using those company cars for anything other than work, then those personal miles are taxable to her. I hope her company told her that, or the IRS will.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:9e4e4276-71d4-4646-bb85-4628988b7c08">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]labrnr posts like a normal, helpful person on our club board. I don't know why there's so much ants in the pants elsewhere.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

Apparently she puts on her puppies and rainbows pants for your club board.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:48a9c58b-8e6e-41d2-b8e7-7beb68734023">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day : And that's different from the norm how?
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

It's not.  You know you love it!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:6daf8dea-7a39-4195-87d8-0a2ced06ca8a">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day : Apparently she puts on her puppies and rainbows pants for your club board.
    I used to do this too, which is why I eventually stopped posting there.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:c5306cbc-7985-437f-adb4-8cbe29c7330c">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day : It's not.  You know you love it!
    I do.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • LabrnrLabrnr member
    First Comment
    I flame myself for coming back to the SB and E boards in hopes that there will be some entertainment.

I flame myself again for being annoying in hopes of bringing out some entertainment. FAIL

I flame all of you for being boring, why do you thing there are so many Trolls? 

I flame anyone on here that makes or has made an AE, come on people this is the internet.  My user name is my AE, there is no way that any of you are the exact same person on herre as you are in real life.  If these forums are so boring that you have to make a "secret" AE to add some excitement, something is wrong.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lab, youre doing it wrong
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm pretty much the same person IRL as I am on here. Maybe a little shyer, but other than that, pretty much the same.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:e2a99ed5-3e10-4ad3-a795-dac2ad9636e4">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame myself for coming back to the SB and E boards in hopes that there will be some entertainment. I flame myself again for being annoying in hopes of bringing out some entertainment. FAIL I flame all of you for being boring, why do you thing there are so many Trolls?
    Posted by Labrnr[/QUOTE]
    I flame you for sticking around if you dislike it so much here.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • edited June 2010
    But Midgie, YOU ARE STILL EMPLOYED. With a 9.7% unemployment rate, you need to be happy you have a JOB.  (EDIT:  in your state, it is 7.9%.)

Many companies (my husband's, for example) don't have the budget to increase salaries, so in order to keep people employed, they didn't raise any salaries for 2 years. They also made it clear they would not hire new workers because the fleet per worker averages out correctly - overall. Just not per station. My husband is seriously overworked. But he has a job. His perk is he gets a discount. That's it. He even works most holidays I have off. If it's a holiday you can shop on, he's working.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • I'm actually bitchier in real life.  But only to people that I know can take it.  Because I have that skill that comes with adulthood of knowing your audience and knowing who you can say what to.

• Oh, look! Labr posted a "boring" comment. Hmmm, how can we help you get past this obsession with hanging around boring boards? I'm just not coming up with anything. Let's see... How about, hmmm... Oh! I got it!

HOW ABOUT YOU LEAVE IF YOU ARE SO FUCKING BORED WITH US?

Novel approach, I know! But if you are so damn bored, please, please, please go away. Do us all a favor.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:1345a75c-b144-4ef9-9b27-f2faa1dc554c">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day : I just have to correct one little tiny thing.  My company car is not a perk, it was part of my salary.  When I took my postion I had the option to choose no car and a higher rate of pay.  I chose less pay and a car.  Now they are taking the car, but not increasing my salary.
    Posted by Midgie373[/QUOTE]

OK, you should have posted that in the original thread. Because in that original thread, you come off as whiny, selfish and ungrateful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:1345a75c-b144-4ef9-9b27-f2faa1dc554c">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day : I just have to correct one little tiny thing.  My company car is not a perk, it was part of my salary.  When I took my postion I had the option to choose no car and a higher rate of pay.  I chose less pay and a car.  Now they are taking the car, but not increasing my salary.

Would you prefer to have kept your car, but had your salary decrease?  Or to have gotten laid off, therefore not having a car, a salary, or a job?  Not to mention benefits, etc?  I don't know if you've heard of this little thing called the recession, but people's salaries are getting cut, their hours are getting cut, their jobs are getting cut.  And that's all if they're lucky enough to have a job in the first place.

• Lab - how do you define entertaining?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:1345a75c-b144-4ef9-9b27-f2faa1dc554c">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:

So you'll learn to adjust to your 'new salary' or you won't and you'll go broke. Atleast you still have a salary to rely on. And FWIW, you will still probably make more money than me, but I can afford a relatively new car. I just can't spend tons of money on stuff like clothes, entertainment, etc.
  • I have to agree with all of my flamers.  I went back and read my first post.  It did sound whiny and bitchy.  I left out a few fairly important details.  I sowwy, I totally deserved being a flamee. 

On a side note, I'm flaming DALJ 1 and DALJ 2 for not only being a troll, but for being a nonfunny troll.

No, that's not my real name. And FH's name isn't Nun (as in Nun ya bidness) either.
  • I don't see what the big deal is with the Midgie thing. If I had a major part of my compensation for work cut, I would be really upset too, especially considering how close I live to the poverty line as it is.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:09311b6e-a57d-4a7a-b042-fef153df37d4">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lab - how do you define entertaining?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

This is what I want to know. My guess is absolutely no one in this thread could ever deign to meet this lofty expectation.
  • I freshly flame Luckyme's random post about placecard holders. It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal and doesn't make her a "callous bitch."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • I get why Midgie is pissed. That was probably a major benefit for her and now it's gone. It would basically be like a $200 - $500 per month pay cut without warning because now she will have to start providing her own transportation. That would bother me as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards