Maryland-Baltimore

Florist that's not terribly expensive?

I am getting Married next March, and am looking for a good florist who can fit my budget.  I am not having a huge wedding - max 90 people - and am not envisioning huge amounts of flowers at the reception.  Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced florist?  I met with one who kept insisting that I have way more flowers than I want, and hence was way over budget.  Thanks!

Re: Florist that's not terribly expensive?

• jla07jla07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you have a Wegman's close by but they will order, arrange and deliver or just order and you arrange yourself for alot less then standard florist....By niece used them and got the same flowers the florist's offer and saved over $300 on her flowers by using Wegmans, you could also try Sam's club...wholesalers...
  • edited December 2011
    We used flowers by judy.  She was super sweet and worked with my budget. 
  • edited December 2011
    We used Whole Foods and were very happy with the results.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Perry Hall Florist or Flowers by Judy. Both can work with your budget and do nice work.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Flowers By Judy. We didn't go with her, but she was wonderful to meet with and seems to work well within budgets.

We ended up going with a slightly pricier florist who was a preferred vendor of our venue.
  • edited December 2011
    Dale at J.J. Cummings! Wonderful, will work with your budget (I didn't have many flowers either and he was just fine with that)
  • mnm704mnm704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm another ditto to Flowers by Judy. She's super sweet. I met with her one time and told her what I was envisioning for my flowers and they were absolutely PERFECT. She really knows her stuff and works well with budgets too! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kaitlyn&henrykaitlyn&henry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Connie Mckay is awesome!! she did mine and got alot of bang for my buck and my flowers are BEAUTIFUL. She does live in glen rock PA but its southern PA and not too far from the MD line.

Message me if you want her info!
  • edited December 2011
    http://scentsationalevents.wordpress.com/

I booked them for my wedding in March. They are great and got amazing wedding reviews on weddingwire. The only thing that may cause a problem for some is that if you don't mean the minum of $1000, you will have to pick it up. Since our church is a few mins away, it worked for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Ashley at Forthuber's is fantastic.   Very helpful and a great eye for style and color.   It is in Parkville on Joppa Rd.  You won't be disappointed.
  • edited December 2011
    I used the Safeway near my house. They did a great job and it was under $350 for all the bouquets and bouts/corsages as well as a couple of plants we bought at the same time. I had five bouquets, three corsages, and seven bouts
    planning

• edited December 2011
    I have used and recommended RSVP Flowers in Laurel Md to many of my then single friends.  They did a tremendous job and worked hard to fit my budget. 
  • edited December 2011
    I went with a lady name Wanda she is great! My flowers are silk because I want to a keepsake for my china cabinet. If you want her number hit me back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards