Canada-Ontario

Mini wedding cake favours?

So, I was brainstorming about what wedding favours to give, and these are a fantastic idea for us! We are not having a wedding cake, so I thought giving each guest a mini wedding cake boxed as a favour would be a great idea. Does anyone know of someone who could do this for a reasonable price?

Re: Mini wedding cake favours?

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mean cupcakes?  Or do you want tiers for each of the little cakes?  There are tons of cupcake places in the city and you can probably order cute little boxes from them, or go to Michael's and get favour boxes to decorate yourself!  You'd just have to pick them up the night before or morning of and assemble them - that's the only issue.
  • edited December 2011
    you can get really cute cookies shaped like wedding cakes!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure, but I feel like doing this would be the same price as getting a wedding cake and having the guests take a slice home as the favour. 
  • edited December 2011
    I saw on another board that mini cakes can be anywhere from $5-7 a cake and $1-2 for the boxes, depending on how many guests you have that can add up pretty quickly.
    It might work out the same budget wise if you think of it as a guest favor/wedding cake, you could even display them on a pretty cake stand in the centre of each table and make it a centre piece.
    I know Andy from Andy's cakes makes them (www.andyscakes.ca) she is really talented and super friendly and helpful
    May 2011 March Siggy: Our Venue~ Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Sarah & Geoff~ May 14th, 2011
  • melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dufflet has delicious AND gorgeous ones, but I don't really know that they'd fall into the "reasonable" category.
    10-10-10
  • mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have called around, I had a similar idea. They are cute but they are expensive.  $8.00 each plus tax.  I suppose, however, a normal wedding cake per slice $5.00 + $3.00 per person in cost of wedding favour at the end of the day is $8.00 anyway so go for it if you can combine favour and cost of cake.

It is a gorgeous idea.  Try Konstantine  ...that's the company name I think.  Saw them in a magazine, they did a show at the Carlu, very exclusive but amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the idea... but it's so expensive when you add them all up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • suellenslatersuellenslater member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think what I struggled with the most was the cost of the boxes that end up getting thrown away, yet without the clear little box there is no point. I am making sugar cookies and stacking them to look like wedding cakes (Martha Stewart web site). I think an edible favor is the best, at least then you know it is enjoyed.
    Sue-Ellen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards