Wedding Party

having trouble picking gifts

So I'm having trouble coming up with a MOH gift.  We've been best friends since 1st grade and she's practically my sister.  I want to do something special and not the cliche bridesmaids jewelry or anything like that. 

The wedding is in 13 days and every idea I have come up with just doesn't seem good enough for all this girl has done for me.  We've moved the date COUNTLESS times and we just barley moved it up about 3 weeks ago.  She lives out of state and has been by my side during this whole planning process.

She loves yoga and yoga pants, so i was thinking a nice outfit from lucy or victoria's secret, but she already has sooo many i'm afraid of getting her something she already has.

She loves coffee, so I was thinking gourmet coffee with a cute mug, but that still just doesn't seem quite right?

Any suggestions?

Re: having trouble picking gifts

• Does she take yoga classes? Could you get a gift certificate for a few lessons, or a DVD?

How about a coffee grinder? I just bought one at Macy's for about $20. Plus some bags of whole bean coffee.
  • Is there a coffee of the month club or something you could get her?  I'm sure there is since they seem to have everything in a club like that.  That would be cute, personalized to her, and she can enjoy it for a full year or 6 months or something.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  •  I like the coffee grinder idea.

I forgot to mention I plan on sending her in a very nice frame our favorite picture of her and I from the wedding, but obviously I have to wait until the pictures come in to do this.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_having-trouble-picking-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:298675be-283f-4d7d-a593-ed0d2e2b9013Post:99a37e29-a7fd-48c9-af80-82f58c7315ea">Re: having trouble picking gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there a coffee of the month club or something you could get her?  I'm sure there is since they seem to have everything in a club like that.  That would be cute, personalized to her, and she can enjoy it for a full year or 6 months or something.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>oo never even thought of that!  thanks!</div>
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_having-trouble-picking-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:298675be-283f-4d7d-a593-ed0d2e2b9013Post:011ead9e-7455-489a-9d98-7b768adb4e02">Re: having trouble picking gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.amazingclubs.com/coffee.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=coffee%20of%20the%20month%20club&utm_content=CoffeeClubPRETest&utm_campaign=AmazingClubs&gclid=COvepqKQ0aMCFZJd5QodaUCSuw" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazingclubs.com/coffee.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=coffee%20of%20the%20month%20club&utm_content=CoffeeClubPRETest&utm_campaign=AmazingClubs&gclid=COvepqKQ0aMCFZJd5QodaUCSuw</a> The 3 month is a good price.
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I was looking at that website and was thinking of doing the coffee of the season one, that way she still gets it for a year, just more spaced out.</div><div>
    </div><div>Would this be weird do to for a wedding party gift?</div>
  • Not at all. We did a pickle of the month club for our best man who loves pickles and he loved it!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Lululemon yoga crops (they're amazing) and a starbucks travel mug.

(i would love that!)
  • A nice travel mug, maybe Thermos or Sigg - one that keeps the coffee warm for hours.  Without a good mug in the winter, my coffee used to get cold on the way to class by the time I drove to campus, walked across the parking lot and walked across campus.  Cold coffee in the winter sucks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_having-trouble-picking-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:298675be-283f-4d7d-a593-ed0d2e2b9013Post:6d63366e-0d6b-4a60-9797-5a78e685bdbb">Re: having trouble picking gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: having trouble picking gifts : I was looking at that website and was thinking of doing the coffee of the season one, that way she still gets it for a year, just more spaced out. Would this be weird do to for a wedding party gift?
    Posted by scooney90[/QUOTE]

I don't think it would be wierd at all.  I would love to get that as a a gift.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We're big proponents of "of the month" clubs around here.  It's the gift that keeps on giving!
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards