New Jersey

hair stylist - travel

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a person to come to my mom's house in central jersey to do hair. I already have a makeup person and will have about 6 people getting hair done. Does anyone recommend someone?

Also I want it to be reasonably priced. My salon said they would do everyone for 150 each. I thought that was expensive for bridesmaids. Is that high?

Re: hair stylist - travel

• Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is too high, mine did it for $50 each... Bodacious Salon has an amazing bridal package and they travel to your home... I am in NJ, they are in PA but travel... great work..  
    http://www.bodacioushairandbody.com/

ask for Ann  my hair is posted below a few down under someone asking about updos.
  • michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mandy Liento 201-452-8728
    Bridesmaids only $90 each
    Top of the Line Hair Stylist!
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also booked with Mandy!  $150 for each bridesmaid is way too much!
  • edited December 2011
    $90 seems high for bridesmaids..I personally wouldn't pay that much if I was a bridesmaid.
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hair-stylist-travel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:1f5cf194-de8c-41d6-a464-1ea9a2a757b9Post:2e2ad04d-22e3-4370-92de-79605114bb22">Re: hair stylist - travel</a>:
    [QUOTE]$90 seems high for bridesmaids..I personally wouldn't pay that much if I was a bridesmaid.
    Posted by cindy91788[/QUOTE]

Since I picked the person that I wanted I decided to pick up the tab on hair.  
  • wedwed11wedwed11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think $150 for bridesmaids is a lot money. Most hairstylists that I looked at were not that expensive.
    I have trial set with Mandy from LaSorella so that is who I would recommend to take a look at.
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids paid $150 for hair and makeup combined.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    $150 is high for Bridesmaids. The places I looked at were between $75-$90 for BM.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I hired Mandy Liento and she was fabulous! One of the best vendors I had on my wedding day. The morning of the wedding, my mom had gotten her hair done at her local stylist and hated it, so Mandy squeezed her in where the bridal party was getting ready and made her look gorgeous. Before the wedding, I had two trials with Mandy and both times she did EXACTLY what I asked her to do. Well, the second time, she executed the look even better than I had ever imagined. On the wedding day, my updo stayed exactly the way I wanted it to until 3 a.m.! My hair usually ends up frizzy no matter what I do to it, so that was a blessing.

Mandy does a great job, but what made her so brilliant was her attitude. She's peppy and positive -- like someone you've known all your life. And on your wedding day, you need people to be as friendly and supportive as possible. I was crazy nervous on the day of and she helped calm me down. She was worth the money: $150 for me, I believe, and $90 for the other girls. She charges a $75 travel fee, too. Trials are $100 -- or at least they were last spring. Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    What you were quoted for BMs sounds high to me.

I just set up a trial with Jeanine LaMacchia
    - $50 Bride Trial
    - $35 BM/MOB Trial
    - $150 Bride Wedding Day
    - $85 BM/MOB Wedding Day
    - No Travel Fee

And I was also looking into Jenny Dallas
    - $55 Bride Trial
    - $120 Bride Wedding Day
    - $80 BM/MOB Wedding Day
    - No Travel Fee

I had contacted Mandy Liento awhile back but I didn't want to have to pay a travel fee or quite so much for a trial.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lisab711lisab711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm meeting with Mandy too! So excited to hear such great feedback on her. I don't think 90 for bm is too high. I usually pay 75 at my salon when I need an up-do, and Mandy comes to you. I have looked around a lot and average is 80-85 ish for bm and 125-175 for bride : ) Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards