Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Our Reception Venue Coordinator booked the wrong date for our wedding!

OMG! We got a call a few moments ago from our new wedding coordinator and she stated that our former wedding coordinator booked our wedding for April 20th not April 6th and that the ballroom we "booked" was already booked for an annual event. Thank goodness they had their larger (and more expensive) ballroom free or else we would be partying in the parking lot! LOL I will have to say that our new wedding coordinator is on point and gave us some extra goodies for free. But how terrifying is that? Thank goodness the wedding wasnt next week!  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Our Reception Venue Coordinator booked the wrong date for our wedding!

• Holy cow. Glad they caught that now and not a few months down the road! Where is your wedding?
  • Holiday Inn Airport in Moon Twnp-  I have heard excellent things about our new wedding Coordinator, Karen and the venue itself. She hooked us up with some great incentives to make up for this gaff. I am just glad I kept my cool- my first bridezilla test and I passed. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad to hear it was caught!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • With the transition of the Holiday Inn to RMU property now, I'm not surprised, honestly.  Things are bound to be screwy there for the transition period.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad to hear it worked out!  Very scary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    Yea we heard about that, hence our new wedding coordinator. We are going to meet with her to iron everything out...we can't have any more mishaps like this. It seems like Karen is doing all she can to fix everything. I'll keep ya'll updated!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank goodness they fixed it for you! Hope your new wedding coordinator puts your mind at ease when you meet her!
  • Glad you avoided the bridezilla moment. I am not sure if I would have been able to! Good luck with the rest of your planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited August 2012
    Great news! Our new wedding coordinator is providing us uplighting and an extra hour of bar to make up for everything. I am so thrilled- sometimes things happen to make things better than before. My fiance and I are happy with how Holiday Inn Aiport is handling everything for us now. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lol @ the bridezilla comment... ps I only recently saw an episode of that show for the first time -- are those girls for real?!

that is awesome, so glad it worked out!!!
  • In Response to Re:Our Reception Venue Coordinator booked the wrong date for our wedding!:[QUOTE]lol the bridezilla comment... ps I only recently saw an episode of that show for the first time are those girls for real?!that is awesome, so glad it worked out!!! Posted by futurekehrs[/QUOTE]

My fiance and I are obsessed with that show...well I make him watch it so he sees how not crazy I am. Lol

Thank you, I'm so happy about it!!:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow! That's great to hear that it sure ended up in your favor!

Somethings things just really happen for a reason!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards