Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

top hats

Does anyone know where we can find top hats that are less than $20, but don't look like the super cheap Halloween ones?  Also, would prefer ones with sizing options.  I have checked Amazon and Google, and have looked at a few links, but nothing seems to quite match what my FI has in mind.  We can get them from our tux provider for $25 each, but were hoping to pay less, since we have to buy 7 of them.

Re: top hats

• Options
    Stage is right.  It's the equivalent of asking for cheap Jimmy Choos.  Just not going to happen.

You COULD however, rent some nice ones.  Maybe even from the same place you're renting the tuxes.  It's worth a phone call.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Maybe you could rent them for a costume place or something similar?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_top-hats-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:29968ec8-1988-47c7-8599-8fa6e2673cecPost:15adf646-b361-43a5-9604-640e097747bd">Re: top hats</a>:
    [QUOTE]$25 each sounds like a great price to me.  Why do you need them?  <strong>Unless this is a Jewish wedding, they shouldn't be worn during the ceremony or reception.</strong>
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm with you. Top hats look very dorky-kid-trying-to-get-attention-at-prom to me.</div>
  • Options
    My FI and his best man really want to wear them.  My FI wears a top hat on pretty much any occasion, he looks really good in them.  And, the tux he picked out works great with a top hat.

Our best man has a disability and walks with a cane and wants the top hats so he doesn't stand out as much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards