African American Weddings

My Not So Merry Christmas. Prayer Needed.

I was napping on Christmas Eve when I gotta phone call. My little sister and brother, ages 20 and 17 were in a horrible car accident. It was over the news, streets shut down. My sister was trying to brake, but her car slid and she lost control, got tboned and then slammed into another car. My little brother was ejected from the backseat. He shattered his jawbone, broke his pelvis, collarbone, sternum, and clavicle bones. His brain is swollen and he's in a coma. My sister WAS paralyzed on her left side but now she has feeling, she just can't move it. The cause is she bruised her C1 spinal cord and her C1 and C2 cords are chipped so it's nerve damage. Their friends were also in the car. One is out of surgery and the other had to be flown to another hospital for spleen rupture. My Christmas Eve and Christmas day were spent in the hospital with them. We know it's a long recovery ahead of us, but we are grateful that they are alive. I need all of your prayers. Thank you. Love you all.
May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My Not So Merry Christmas. Prayer Needed.

• O M G Shano...Im so sorry this happen to your siblings and their friends. I will be definilty praying for them and all families that this is effecting. We are here for you.

Not to take away from you but its really been just alot going these last 2 days. My coworker sister was killed Christmas eve by her husband in front of her children. Its just so much going on. These are the things that just shows we need to be prayed up at all times. 
  • Omg! Prayers going up. Jesus take the wheel Lord!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • O my Jesus....im sooo sorry to hear this news TEARS this is truly sad i pray for strength for you and your family and i will keep them in my prayers for a full recovery IN THE NAME OF JESUS.....GOD BLESS THEM...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• (hugs)...will be in my prayers. This truly brought tears to my eyes. God will see you and your family through!
    Anniversary
  • island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    Is this the same accident near Connecticut Ave on the beltway the other night?  I am praying for your sister and brother; for the healing of their injuries and for your family.   I am very sorry this happened and I can only pray that God will restore them 100%.   

@MrsBad - Prayers as well for the family involved you mentioned.  That is a tragedy no one especially children should have to witness or endure.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Ill keep them and you in my prayers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Shan.....I'm praying for your family...and that their recovery is protected and that angels are continue to watch over them... My son was in a car accident Sunday night and I'm sure the car will be totalled.. but I know....it was NOTHING BUT GOD'S ANGELS COVERING HIM THAT SAVED HIS LIFE!!. I will continue to pray for your FAM... And MrsBad.. your coworkers family!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pray for all that was requested.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • my goodness.....peace and blessings upon your family....im glad to see that recovery (long as it may be) is definitely ahead......im in strong prayer for you and your family!
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Praying hon..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am really sorry to hear about your brother & sister. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you all so much. We're now waiting on my sisters MRI results to see if she needs spinal surgery. My brother is now getting fed through a feeding tube which is good because he hasn't had any food since the accident. The pressure in his brain went down and the swelling did just a tad. But we'll take any kind of improvement over none. And Island, no this was on Brandywine Road in MD. Close to Waldorf.
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_my-not-so-merry-christmas-prayer-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d5e81eb8-9931-403e-9cae-d6630082071bPost:e7e40e88-0891-42f4-93b9-2fdebeaaaead">Re:My Not So Merry Christmas. Prayer Needed.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all so much. We're now waiting on my sisters MRI results to see if she needs spinal surgery. My brother is now getting fed through a feeding tube which is good because he hasn't had any food since the accident. The pressure in his brain went down and the swelling did just a tad. But we'll take any kind of improvement over none. And Island, no this was on Brandywine Road in MD. Close to Waldorf.
    Posted by shano06[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh I am ten minutes from Brandywine Road.  I recall the sirens that night.  Please keep us informed.  Every litlle improvement is a step closer to recovery.  I am glad to hear of the progress so far.   My continued prayers are being sent...

</div>

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I'm so sorry that you had to hear such bad mews but the best part is that they are alive!! Please know that I am praying with and for you sister!! Let us know all the improvements!! God can and will heal your brother and sister!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG.. I am praying for you Shano.. I am praying for your brother and sister strength and the other passengers as well.. May God Keep them and heal every broken or damanged bone in their bodies..
    Praying for your coworkers family MRSBAD and I am praying for your son Mari..

Praying for ya'll..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so sorry to hear this Shan. I will definitely be praying for your sister and brother and your family. 
  • Praying for all your loved ones...Shan, Mt Bas, and Nursing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so sorry to hear about such an unfortunate accident. My prayers and heart goes out to you and your family. May God continue to stregthen the health and bodies of all those injured. 
    March 2013 January siggy challenge - hair inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • OMGeee Sha! I will be praying for you and your family. i am so sorry to hear this news but thank God they are alive. 

@MrsBad: This is awful. I just have no words for domestic violence. speechless

@nsg: praying for you as well

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Shan I pray Gods comfort be with you and your family
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards