Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

live string musicians for ceremony

does anyone know how much it would cost for a ceremony that lasts less than 30 minutes???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: live string musicians for ceremony

• edited December 2011
    Most strings are done with 3 or 4 people and charge $500-1,000 from what I've seen.  I've only seen flat rates for ceremony, regardless of time spent.  It would probably be cheaper to hire a pianist or guitarist, just one person, if you're looking to spend less.

I haven't booked anyone for ceremony music so I dont have any personal recommendatons.  I have booked DJ's Available for my reception DJ and know that they offer live musician packages for the ceremony.
  • PhillyGal34PhillyGal34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am looking at dj's available, they did my friend's wedding and they were really good
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • AndreaSalveroAndreaSalvero member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out La Primavera Music (www.laprimaveramusic.com).  I am a Sales Coordinator at a Country Club in the area many of my brides book them for their ceremony music.  Their price will depend on the type of ensemble you are looking for (duo, trio, soloist, etc.).  They are very good and easy to work with.  Good luck!
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Sienna Strings, and they have dif. prices for solo, duo, trio, quartet, and by hours. http://www.sienastrings.com/

Edit: I just pulled up the sheet they sent me. This is from last year so it may or may not have gone up in price.

For 1 hour (music before, during, and after ceremony as guests enter and leave)

Solo: 250
    Duo: 390
    Trio: 520
    Quartet: 650

HTH
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Trio Classica who is managed through DJ's Available (if I'm not mistaken - it's been awhile since I booked them!).  For a ceremony (no mass) they priced between $400 and $500 but like BP said, these were prices I was quoted early 2009.  I would call around though since prices tend to increase year to year. 
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    my caterer suggested looking at harpists.  since there is only one person, it's a lot less expensive.  i think it's just as elegant.

i did a quick google search and the girl i contacted was around $350 and then $75 for each hour after the first (don't quote me on that, i can't seem to find the email).

just a thought!
  • edited December 2011
    HI, I have been looking for the same thing and I know that a company called Eclipse Music Company out of Jersey and one called Heart Strings out of Doylestown both have groups that do that.. Not sure of the pricing but it can't hurt to find out. Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards