Georgia-Atlanta

Who wants to lose weight for the wedding?

I would like to lose about 7lbs. And I have over a year to do it. But I don't know if it will be as easy as I think :)
I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?

Re: Who wants to lose weight for the wedding?

• edited December 2011

I want to lose some weight too. Maybe we can do a buddy system on the board.
  • edited December 2011
    Honey I need to lose about 100lbs!!! LOL!! I will settle for 50 though.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • ldbarrett82ldbarrett82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to lose about 30 myself. I would love an accountability partner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageGraphics
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooohhhh, that is a GREAT idea! A buddy sysytem on the board...genious. Thumbs up!
  • edited December 2011
    I lost about 13 pounds and I started a year ago (13 months before my wedding). I did several things, so I'm not sure which one is responsible, so I'll just tell you them all!

First, there is a "Get in Shape" board on here.. .those girls are all about this topic. I didn't really use that though.

There is a sight called http://www.sparkpeople.com. Its free to sign up. I used this the entire time. You can put in all the food you eat to find out how many calories you are consuming. You can also put in your workouts to find out how many calories you are burning... because when it all comes down to it... that's all weight loss is, calories in and calories out. It was really helpful to me because I didn't even know that I was eating around 2000 calories a day! Now I try to eat 1500 or below. I look at this as a lifestyle change... I mean I'm not going to gain that weight back after the wedding..

Even though I have a gym here in my building, I signed up to LA FItness and I only do workout classes there. I love the lifting classes.

I trainned and ran a half marathon. And found that the only thing that makes me lose weight is to literally run my a$$ off!

Hope that is helpful! Good luck! I think getting together and working as a team on this board is a great idea too!
  • edited December 2011

@annetastic thanks for the info. I will take a look at that website.

So ladies how are we going to do this? We can start something at the begining of July.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We could each join Spark People. Have weekly weigh-in sessions. Maybe depending on the various parts of Atlanta we all live in we could meet once a month for a walk/run. I'm just kind of throwing ideas out there.
  • edited December 2011

Those all sound great. I'm so down for us meeting up for a walk or run together? I know it will motivate me to exercise with someone else that has the same goals as I do.
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    edited December 2011
    I signed up for Sparkpeople!!! I would love to get together to walk run. I travel A LOT for work, but if I am in town, I would love too :)
  • HazelEyes536HazelEyes536 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i need to lose weight also. I started weight watchers on Monday and so far 3 lbs lost!! ill stick with this but it gets hard, dont know if ill be able to do it for the whole year!
  • edited December 2011

I joined Sparkpeople....I'm ready

What side of town is everyone on?
    I'm on the southside.
  • mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    7 pounds in a year seems easy as pie compared to me wanting to lose 20 pounds in a year. You can do it!!!! No processed food, sugar. Eat whole grains. Just eat healthy and fresh and exercise. Strength training especially since muscle burns fat and boosts your metabolism.

It's been a month or so and I've already lost 5 pounds (but it's always easier to lose weight at the beginning. I'm sure it will slow down).

Also, don't feel discouraged if you don't notice a difference on the scale. Pay attention to how you look in your clothes and how much better you feel.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • adrianzbrideadrianzbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to lose about 10 lbs.  My FI is trying to lose, too.  We only have a few months.  We're doing South Beach right now, basically, but we need to do weights, too, and I plan to walk if I can get out before the oppressive heat kicks in. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I'm signed up for SparkPeople.

And I live in Marietta/Kennesaw but I work downtown.
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck ladies!! I need to lose some too!!

Our wedding on Sunday May 1st was just amazing!

• My_MattMy_Matt member
    edited December 2011
    I live in Sandy Springs, and work in Duluth.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't live in ATL, Just getting married there :-( But I have been on Sparkpeople for a couple of years and it is awesome!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kennesaw here

Photobucket

Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, y'all. Started the Couch to 5K today. And I'm SO tired and SO sore. But I think at the end of this program it will really be worth it. Have any of y'all tried this?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nope. Sounds scary! Good luck to you. Stick with it by thinking about how good you'll feel when you finish the program!

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in  Gwinnett and want to lose 20 lbs and get in shape before the wedding on March 26. I have tried thousands of things, I was a size 7 up until 2 yrs ago and I all of a sudden gained 30 lbs. I've lost 10-15 lbs only to gain it back plus some many times. Right now, I just want to lose 20, I think I was too skinny for my height then so I want to be a size 9/10. TIA!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_wants-lose-weight-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:bc203c26-1689-4eba-aac2-b571a479b8f6Post:ae50b6fd-e80a-4523-92c0-ec5742d0b6e2">Re: Who wants to lose weight for the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my gosh, y'all. Started the Couch to 5K today. And I'm SO tired and SO sore. But I think at the end of this program it will really be worth it. Have any of y'all tried this?
    Posted by ldbarrett82[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried it, but I keep saying I will. Maybe I just need to do it. Keep us posted on your progress. GL
  • sharkgrlsharkgrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That small weight loss should be no problem!  I used to be super-big...310 lbs, actually, I have come down to 180 and I want to be 140 by my wedding in July 2011! So its just the last 40 lbs for me....I know I can do it! But the closer you get to goal, the harder it is!
    I am Kennesaw/Woodstock/Canton area!Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards