Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Engagement Pictures.. What did you do?

So, I will be taking engagement pictures soon, but I don't really have any ideas on what to do.. I don't want 'the typical' pictures.. I would like something different and out of the box.. Plus, I will be taking them in the winter, so that makes it a little harder for me. So what did you do? Outside or inside? Casual or dressy??

Re: Engagement Pictures.. What did you do?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did outside, casual (but in some I wore a dress).  Mine are in my planning bio.  Your photographer should be able to guide you.  Also check your local board for recs for locations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what you mean by typical pictures, so I'll just share what we did.
    We went with a dressier casual. He wore a dress shirt and jeans and I wore a cuter shirt and jeans (so in winter, I'd go with a sweater). We went to a local park with a Japanese pagoda restaurant and got a lot of our pictures there. It was also right next to a dock, so we got some water pictures and some silhouettes with the sunset over the water. We also got some nice architectural ones with a covered walkway.
    I would try to pick a location that gives you a wide variety, and in the winter, an inside location would be really helpful as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We actually just did ours today. We went with a vintage theme and dressed as if we were from the 1940's. I got a reproduction dress online and he dressed in a suit with a vest and a fedora. From what she showed us on the camera without editing the pics looked great! And out photographer loved doing pictures that were different We had so much fun with it!
  • Options
    hannahhannah1hannahhannah1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister just took hers and they brought a pink velvet couch to the park! Anyways, I made a blog about weddings with tips and DOS and DON'TS for future brides. I guess I just can't get enough of this wedding stuff. You should check it out, because I just wrote about Photography. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards