January 2012 Weddings

Here is what annoys me

I am doing a wedding count, updating my RSVP list and all that stuff. When I realize that out of our 155 guests only 54 are mine. As of right now I have only 44 people on the yes/not answered list. I have a feeling that list will go down to about 34 once everyone RSVPs.

I am not going to know about 75% of the people at MY wedding. Tonight this very much annoys me and almost makes me want to cry. This is the reason I never wanted this big huge wedding. Foot in mouth
Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: Here is what annoys me

• I'm sorry. Everyone who is at the wedding is celebrating you and your future husbands love. You are going to have fun and the people who matter most to you will be there.
  • I completely understand- that is how I feel.  But someone told me that even if I may not know them, they do know me (through my parents or FI) and that they are there to support and celebrate us.  I hope that helps but I do understand!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That can be really rough. But ditto KM, and remember that you're going to be so busy/happy/focused on your new H that you probably won't even notice everyone around you ;)

My mom has worked in the same place for 25 years...I recognize the names (and maybe recognize some faces, but I doubt I can connect the two), but don't really know them. But they're SUPER excited to come to the wedding. Some of them have worked with my mom for 10, 15, 20+ years. They've watched me grow up in pictures and heard about all of my major milestones in pretty great detail -- they are so excited we've invited them to celebrate with us.

FI's mom has quite a few people coming that are very similar to my mom's coworkers -- FI knows all their names but doesn't REALLY know them. But they've watched him grow up, so they're excited to see him get married, too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I'm just upset that so many people who I have known for 5 to 10 years wont be there. Its a big reality check on who my true friends are. I have a newer friend who has to be working in Texas all that week and will be flying back home just to be at my wedding.

I know at the end of the day it will be great and those who are will be there are the ones that really count.
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_here-annoys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:3510e775-08f1-4952-9671-fd09b94a2e79Post:95f3f066-342f-4b9c-8b9d-4615a15ede82">Re: Here is what annoys me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I'm just upset that so many people who I have known for 5 to 10 years wont be there. Its a big reality check on who my true friends are. I have a newer friend who has to be working in Texas all that week and will be flying back home just to be at my wedding.
    Posted by sassygirl5401[/QUOTE]

I'm having this moment right now.  Too many No's from people I really wish would show up. :(  I'm ready to just elope now.....:(
  • I know it's annoying. There are so many people I have had to tell I cannot invite them because we have so many people I don't know attending...but you are all right, they all want to celebrate us. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI has a lot more family on his side and that makes me sad. Problem is I just don't have a large family. I don't have cousins or aunts. I only have one uncle. My family table has only 7 people in it and Fi has two and a half tables full of his family members. But I can't get upset. It's just the way it is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_here-annoys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:3510e775-08f1-4952-9671-fd09b94a2e79Post:c9de69de-bea3-4e70-8305-6c34f0f9a5bb">Re: Here is what annoys me</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI has a lot more family on his side and that makes me sad. Problem is I just don't have a large family. I don't have cousins or aunts. I only have one uncle. My family table has only 7 people in it and Fi has two and a half tables full of his family members. But I can't get upset. It's just the way it is.
    Posted by TaraW1979[/QUOTE]
    This is pretty much how my family is too. There aren't any closely related family members of mine coming, and his close family is very large. I think the important part is all of these people want to support you.
  • We're not in any better shape in this regard.  Most of the people at the wedding will be people I know.  She's only going to have her roommates, a friend from DC, the local aunt/uncle we wish we could uninvite, an uncle from Seattle, and her dad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards