Arizona-Tucson

I do in Tucson

Hey ladies! I just heard that there is a bridal expo on the 11th and wanted to spread the word. Personally, I'm getting a little worn out from the planning and this might be just the boost I need.

July 11th 11am-3pm
Tucson Marriott University Park
880 E. 2nd St. 85719

It's FREE!

Good luck, ladies.

Re: I do in Tucson

• luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing!
  • edited December 2011
    Did anyone go to the event this weekend? Was it worth it/should I plan to go to the next one that they put on? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went and my wedding is this Oct. So for me it wasn't worth it.  I pretty much have all set. It's more for the bride to be that still needs a venue, florist, dj, invites etc.. There wasn't very much in my opinion. I was planning on going on the 8th of August to the bridal fair thats coming. I changed my mind and wont be. I thought maybe I would see some cool ideas to use for the wedding, but didn't.

I dont discourage anyone from going it just wasnt for me.
  • Fred13Fred13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up going. Since I have my venues set up for wedding/reception, don't need a dj or photography, it wasn't that major for me. This bridal expo was smaller than I expected (I expect the one at the convention center will be MUCH larger) but the Marriott put out a really nice spread and the event was nice. But if you aren't looking spray tanning, diet supplies, flowers, venues, dj or catering; it probably would have been a waste of time. One really cool idea I saw was a spin on a photo booth. www.flipbookmemories.com

AWESOME. Basically, they do all the set up and break down and have staff on hand for you. They record short videos (the ones we did at the expo were 7 seconds long, which seems really short but was just the right amount of time), print the video frames, cut and bind in the following 30 seconds. They were really efficient and it was really really fun. My FI and I were already planning to do a photo booth, but this can now double as a favor for our guests. They can keep the books and the company gives us a CD with all the videos on it. They bring props and such and you get to design your own cover/binding for the flipbook. My FI and I literally played with the damn sample my MOH and I made for hours afterward.
  • edited December 2011
    I have seen the flip book before and I think they are amazing as well. Did you happen to get a price quote? They are super cute and a great memory for guests. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Fred13Fred13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

They're asking $275/hr and a minimum of two hours. You can design your own cover beforehand that they'll have ready. The cost includes all the supplies and the technicians who'll be there manning the whole ordeal. They said they can make 50-60 an hour. You also receive copies of all the videos of your guests.

I actually really like it. In the long run, it can be pretty pricey, depending on the budget, but my FI and I are really excited for it and think it's a totally darling idea. I hope the info helps! :]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards