Wedding Etiquette Forum

wedding website and registry dates???

We have decided to get married in NY, a destination wedding for us and have a small group, mostly family coming. A week later, we are having a ceremony and large reception at home. Should the wedding website have the destination date or the date of the reception that most people will be at? I am afraid we will confuse people so I am not sur what to do.
Thanks for any help!

Re: wedding website and registry dates???

• Thanks for your feedback.... We are having a second ceremony at home because we wanted to do something special for our family members that can't make the trip to our DW. Also,my FI has 2 children and we wanted to have a sand ceremony and something that felt more like a wedding here at home.

• If you want to have a ceremony at home that your family can attend, then why bother with a DW?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-website-registry-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6a6e7144-2996-4964-93c2-da0491af9256Post:cdca98e1-fdf0-4088-92d9-6e977ab5c0cc">Re: wedding website and registry dates???</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you want to have a ceremony at home that your family can attend, then why bother with a DW?
    Posted by NatandIsaac[/QUOTE]

<div>This</div>
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • I think you're going to confuse people so I'd just be direct on the wedding website:

We will be married on xx date with close friends and family.
    Please join us to celebrate our marriage on xx date.

There's a reason this is confusing - there's a way to have a private ceremony and a party following, but this isn't it.
  • You want to get married in New York City?

I have this lovely 7 room apartment on the UES that you just would love to rent!
  • I agree; I don't understand why you are doing a DW in NY if you really want to have a larger wedding with family at home. Just do that with a larger reception lilke planned but scratch the DW. Like a PP suggested, perhaps honeymoon there or just take a vacay there? I guess I don't get why you also want the DW.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2010
    hey, summer2011, could you please shut up!  I'm trying to drum up some business here!
  • OOT, why don't you VRBO her for her HM if the DW plan is scrapped?
  • VRBO?

I'm kinda afraid to ask what that is
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards