Not Engaged Yet

Social gathering--Come on in!

There seems to be a lot of new traffic here (new people and not so new). Let's have a share.

1. Tell us one thing going on in your life you want to share?
b. Show us a picture.  Of anything (work friendly, please). 
III. Add a question for us!

Re: Social gathering--Come on in!

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    1. Tell us one thing going on in your life you want to share?
    I just ordered 2 new pairs of potential wedding shoes.

What shoes are you wearing right now?

• 1. I am excited for rehearsal tonight
    2. I have no pics right now sorry- fail on my part

to answer rdr's question I have on black pumps right now. I need new ones desperately.

3. My question- What is one food item you wish you could have right now? 
    ( To answer my own question- I would love a huge helping of really creamy and cheesy macaroni and cheese)

Anniversary

• tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    1. I'm bummed that none of you all live any where near San Antonio or Tampa. I'm traveling for work and it would've rocked to meet someone.

b.

This is H in our old place. lol

And this is what our kitchen looked like a few weeks ago when we got lights above the island.

III. ZiGiny boots. They make me feel punk rock.

A4. I could go for an iced coffee from the Even Keel on Nantucket.

ETA: PICTURES!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_social-gathering-come-on-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe305bc2-359d-400c-83a5-46981732683fPost:ee4eddfd-b9aa-4a2e-8b55-c08fee299cfb">Re: Social gathering--Come on in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I am excited for rehearsal tonight 2. I have no pics right now sorry- fail on my part to answer rdr's question I have on black pumps right now. I need new ones desperately. 3. My question- <strong>What is one food item you wish you could have right now? </strong> ( To answer my own question- I would love a huge helping of really creamy and cheesy macaroni and cheese)
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>A warm brownie with vanilla ice cream</div>

• 1. I have two interviews today, and I am so excited to be back in fl! 2. I can't post from my phone 3. My question: favorite thing about one of your siblings? My oldest brother can make me laugh even when I don't want to. Rdr: no shoes haven't gotten that far yet today Danser: I reaaaaaally want fried cheesecake bites from sonic
  • rdr- that sounds so good! Why is it things I can't eat sound so good right now???

Irish- Good luck today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• 1. I'm excited to schedule my second interview this week.

I want to snuggle him!

3.  I'm wearing my grey Toms, the ones with the bleach stains.  I have black pumps in my purse I'll probably never change into.

4. I really want a cheese pastry.

My question: What's the one thing on your Christmas list you're actually really dying to have?
    (My answer - my new sewing machine)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1.  I bought a white clutch for the wedding for $7 on black Friday.  It will be here tomorrow.

b. FI and I at a wedding a month ago

III.  What is something you completely fail at?  For example, I can not roll my R's.  At all. 

Shoes: pink sneakers
    Food: I'm not really hungry.  Some peppermint hot cocoa might be nice though.
    Fave thing about my sister: she is always there for me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_social-gathering-come-on-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe305bc2-359d-400c-83a5-46981732683fPost:66ba49a6-8ff8-4e51-88de-bdc03b60b8c6">Re:Social gatheringCome on in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I have two interviews today, and I am so excited to be back in fl! 2. I can't post from my phone 3. My question: favorite thing about one of your siblings? My oldest brother can make me laugh even when I don't want to. Rdr: no shoes haven't gotten that far yet today Danser: I reaaaaaally want fried cheesecake bites from sonic
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

<div>GOOD LUCK!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>My brother is a really great dad. </div>

• To answer Peeks question: money or tickets to disney. FI and I have never gone to a theme park/amusement park together, so that would be nice
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_social-gathering-come-on-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe305bc2-359d-400c-83a5-46981732683fPost:d2ced841-13f1-4b27-a4cc-8510b6ec696e">Re: Social gathering--Come on in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I'm excited to schedule my second interview this week. 2.  I want to snuggle him! 3.  I'm wearing my grey Toms, the ones with the bleach stains.  I have black pumps in my purse I'll probably never change into. 4. I really want a cheese pastry.<strong> My question: What's the one thing on your Christmas list you're actually really dying to have?</strong> (My answer - my new sewing machine)
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>Personal trainer</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_social-gathering-come-on-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe305bc2-359d-400c-83a5-46981732683fPost:d364852e-9675-4ccf-9ae3-bed269eb06ad">Re: Social gathering--Come on in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  I bought a white clutch for the wedding for $7 on black Friday.  It will be here tomorrow. b. FI and I at a wedding a month ago III.  <strong>What is something you completely fail at?</strong>  For example, I can not roll my R's.  At all.  Shoes: pink sneakers Food: I'm not really hungry.  Some peppermint hot cocoa might be nice though. Fave thing about my sister: she is always there for me
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

<div>Anything and everything crafty. I'm worse than a 5 year old.</div>

• Heather: I epically fail at making eggs over easy/ over medium. For some reason, I just can't flip them without basically making scrambled eggs
  • edited November 2012
    I really want a new beige coat for Christmas, well I guess.  If we aren't including any sort of engagement or anything...

My sister is actually a pretty good mother, my brother has a great sense of humor.

ETA- I fail at playing any sort of sport.  I'm that girl that's afraid of the ball and always have been.

Anniversary

• I don't really have anything I really need/want on my Christmas list.  New clothes would be nice and there are a couple books that I want, but that is about it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ry - I love that even when he's exhausted and busy, he'll stop and give me one of those brother hugs if I really need one.

Heather - Cauliflower crust pizza.  That ish falls apart on me every time.

I french with my man
  • I am getting really fed up with my current work situation and hope something changes soon.

Here is a picture of a baby duck, because baby ducks are adorable:

My question:  How late do you sleep on days where you don't have to be up at any particular time?

I would love a glazed donut right now.  They had some fresh ones at the gas station where I picked up my daily morning caffeine, and it was so hard to walk away.  I did, though!

The older of my brothers has an amazing self-contentedness that I'll always envy and admire.

From my Christmas list, I really want a vanity desk.

I completely fail at housekeeping.  I'm a slob.

• My question: favorite thing about one of your siblings?
    I love my littlest sister's sense of humor. She is so friggin' witty.
    What's the one thing on your Christmas list you're actually really dying to have? I'd love some TOM's ballet flats.
    What is something you completely fail at? Decorating my house.
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_social-gathering-come-on-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe305bc2-359d-400c-83a5-46981732683fPost:901038ec-4b38-4c76-8401-d965271dc971">Re: Social gathering--Come on in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want a new beige coat for Christmas, well I guess.  If we aren't including any sort of engagement or anything... My sister is actually a pretty good mother, my brother has a great sense of humor. ETA- <strong>I fail at playing any sort of sport.  I'm that girl that's afraid of the ball and always have been.</strong>
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Oh me too! I should've gone with that. I've been injured more times than I can count for each time someone was like "Just <em>try</em> it, Jen. You could be good." I'm also that girl that tries to throw something and it hits the ground in front of her. Yup.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_social-gathering-come-on-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe305bc2-359d-400c-83a5-46981732683fPost:f4d98836-abc6-4e31-afce-55365140bcfe">Re: Social gathering--Come on in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting really fed up with my current work situation and hope something changes soon. Here is a picture of a baby duck, because baby ducks are adorable: My question:  <strong>How late do you sleep on days where you don't have to be up at any particular time?</strong> I would love a glazed donut right now.  They had some fresh ones at the gas station where I picked up my daily morning caffeine, and it was so hard to walk away.  I did, though! The older of my brothers has an amazing self-contentedness that I'll always envy and admire. From my Christmas list, I really want a vanity desk. I completely fail at housekeeping.  I'm a slob.  
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>8:30-9</div>

• How late do you sleep on days where you don't have to be up at any particular time?
    8-8:30am
  • Oo I like this!
    1. I've handed in my notice at my job so I can study fulltime next semester.
    b.

III. What's your favorite healthy snack? Mine is raisins.

rdr - my shoes are low top black on black converse.
    danser - I would love some peppermint bark icecream. White chocolate icecream goodness.
    Irish - my youngest brother is a crazy person and likes to pick me up and spin me around. I scream like a little girl and tell him to put me down, but actually it's pretty fun. And fried cheesecake bites sound amazing. Is that from Sonic the drivethrough burger place? I think there's one on my drive to my parents house.
    Peek - I don't have an official xmas list. But I'd love a couple new chubby lip glosses from clinique. Or the coolpix s01 camera.
    heather - I fail at putting on accents. I rarely hear the difference and I can't force myself to say something different from how I usually say it. mmm peppermint hot choc. I love the one from mcdonalds.
    Elle - either to 7.30, or to about 10.
  • msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I really want a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas. :)
    I completely fail and making rice. I've burned it so many times I've lost count. I should invest in a rice cooker.

1. Tell us one thing going on in your life you want to share? I have a serious case of the winter blues, so I don't really have anything happy to share. But, I hold on to the idea that it's temporary and will pass soon.

My holiday decorations thus far.

Do you like peanut butter? If so, how do you like it?
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_social-gathering-come-on-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe305bc2-359d-400c-83a5-46981732683fPost:ca96b9f4-3495-46f2-8de5-0d88837a1218">Re: Social gathering--Come on in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oo I like this! 1. I've handed in my notice at my job so I can study fulltime next semester. b. III. What's your favorite healthy snack? Mine is raisins. rdr - my shoes are low top black on black converse. danser - I would love some peppermint bark icecream. White chocolate icecream goodness. Irish - my youngest brother is a crazy person and likes to pick me up and spin me around. I scream like a little girl and tell him to put me down, but actually it's pretty fun. And fried cheesecake bites sound amazing. Is that from Sonic the drivethrough burger place? I think there's one on my drive to my parents house. Peek - I don't have an official xmas list. But I'd love a couple new chubby lip glosses from clinique. Or the coolpix s01 camera. heather - I fail at putting on accents. I rarely hear the difference and I can't force myself to say something different from how I usually say it. mmm peppermint hot choc. I love the one from mcdonalds. <strong>Elle - either to 7.30, or to about 10.
    </strong>Posted by fizzylemonade[/QUOTE]

Haha.  I'm similar.  Either my body will decide it's going to be on a workday schedule and wake up around 8:30, or I'll sleep until 11.  There's no in between.
  • If I don't have to get up for anything, I usually sleep until 7:30-8:30.  I get up for work at 6 everyday, so that is actually sleeping in for me. 

My favorite healthy snack is hummus and veggies. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My favorite healthy snack is fruit.  Peaches, pineapple, apple, blueberries, or blackberries.  Pretty much any fruit except strawberries and bananas, actually.

Best movie I've seen lately - Hmmm...  I can't think of an answer.  I'll come back and edit if I do come up with one.

In other news, there's a stray dog somewhere outside my office.  I saw her hanging out by the road on my way here this morning, and now she's made it all the way to my office, but she's really shy and I can't get her to come to me.  :(  It's cold and rainy outside and this is stressing me out.
  • 1. Tell us one thing going on in your life you want to share?

I'm going to Vegas in 5 days!

My big sister and I at a football game a month ago. I'm the one on the right.

What is the last movie you saw in the theatre? Mine was Paranormal Activity 4.

Everyone else's questions -

I'm wearing black vans.

I would eat a pumpkin cream cheese muffin if it was fat free.

My favorite thing about my sister is her honesty. She doesn't let people walk all over her, and has taught me to be that way.

One thing I want on to put on my Christmas list is a whole new makeup brush set from Sephora or Ulta.

One thing I fail at is not procrastinating.

I usually wake up at 5 AM, sometimes 5:30 if I don't straighten my hair.

My favorite healthy snack is pineapple or pop chips.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_social-gathering-come-on-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe305bc2-359d-400c-83a5-46981732683fPost:9e7826d1-2576-421c-9b46-6a8018fb421c">Re: Social gathering--Come on in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elle - do you have anything you can entice her with? Peanut butter, meat, etc. If you show her you will feed her, she may be a bit more warm to you.
    Posted by xcalygrl[/QUOTE]

She disappeared into the neighborhood across the street.  I can't find her now.  Maybe she'll turn up again.  I'm sad and worried now.

On another note, what part of Houston do you live in?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_social-gathering-come-on-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe305bc2-359d-400c-83a5-46981732683fPost:acd8fa0d-95bf-460b-b57b-c1b4a6daf38e">Re: Social gathering--Come on in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Tell us one thing going on in your life you want to share? I'm going to Vegas in 5 days! b. Show us a picture.  Of anything (work friendly, please).  My big sister and I at a football game a month ago. I'm the one on the right. III. Add a question for us! <strong>What is the last movie you saw in the theatre?</strong> Mine was Paranormal Activity 4. Everyone else's questions - I'm wearing black vans. I would eat a pumpkin cream cheese muffin if it was fat free. My favorite thing about my sister is her honesty. She doesn't let people walk all over her, and has taught me to be that way. One thing I want on to put on my Christmas list is a whole new makeup brush set from Sephora or Ulta. One thing I fail at is not procrastinating. I usually wake up at 5 AM, sometimes 5:30 if I don't straighten my hair. My favorite healthy snack is pineapple or pop chips.
    Posted by steign[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that the last movie I saw in theaters was The Hunger Games.  Clearly I don't go to the movies that often. 

I really like this brush set from sephora: <a href="http://www.sephora.com/advanced-airbrush-set-P280421?skuId=1302371" rel="nofollow">click!</a> I've had it for almost a year and the brushes have held up really well! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one with the sports thing Jen- I'm awful at throwing too.
    ON the weekend if we don't have to be anywhere I will sleep until noon it's rather pathetic
    My favorite healthy snack, carrots and hummus.

I really can't think of what movie I've seen lately was good....

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards