Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Feb 2014 Wedding Venue

Hey. I'm recently engaged and looking at a late Feb 2014 Friday evening wedding. would like a combo ceremony/reception site. we prefer something unique, cozy, romantic. We are estimating 150-175 guests and would love to keep it at $85 all inclusive but there is some flexibility. We are interested inthe Philadephia area and surrounding counties. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Feb 2014 Wedding Venue

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_feb-2014-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:00771b6c-6215-4315-bb40-7277c6dbc159Post:478a77f1-337b-4026-9049-9a67e524d170">Feb 2014 Wedding Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey. I'm recently engaged and looking at a late Feb 2014 Friday evening wedding. would like a combo ceremony/reception site. we prefer something unique, cozy, romantic. We are estimating 150-175 guests and would love to keep it at $85 all inclusive but there is some flexibility. We are interested inthe Philadephia area and surrounding counties. Any help is appreciated.
    Posted by algeary[/QUOTE]

You could check out Northampton Valley Country Club in Richboro.  We're getting married there, not sure what the rates are for a Friday in February--but I think they should be right in your range.  They have ceremony space also! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're getting married at North Hills Country Club in Glenside.  They are very flexible with their options, so I am sure they can come up with something to fit your budget and the space is really nice.  We also really liked the Club at Shannondell in Audubon, but ultimately it wasn't going to be a comfortable fit for all of our guests.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Feb 2014 Wedding Venue:

Posted by HibachiPennslanding[/QUOTE]

No vendors!!  You've been reported!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Have you looked into Normandy Farms in Blue Bell?  I think in February you can get some really good deals.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options

i know william penn inn has deals in winter. it's really pretty too in the winter. my reception is at old york road country club and it's higher than what you said, but they include flowers for every table and cake so might be worth a visit for ya! good luck. :-)

• Options
    Would ditto the Wm Penn Inn, we ended up not going there because my mom got laid off from work so we ended up paying for the whole thing ourselves, but we loved WPI. People are great, love the look. We ended up going to Ballrooms at Boothwyn also a great venue run by great people. We looked for a good vibe with the people we talked to as well as good surroundings (oh and my mother's favorite thing to check, a large clean restroom). I admit, she's right, some places had such cramped restrooms that most brides would not be able to use them without undressing, yuck! So if you ask me, I look for great ambiance in the ballroom, my mom, a good size clean ladies room. LOL We never ck'd the men's rooms presumed they were ok as well both places. Normandy we had a bad rep who took us around so it was x'd off asap. It's funny the things that will turn you off from a venue! Oh yeah, one the guy looked like a mobster (not at normandy, I forget which place it was, we looked at so many! that was x'd off asap too!
  • Options
    It Might be a little far but have you looked at Concordville Inn or Mendenhall Inn. I know that they include Flowers, cake, and linen. I had my wedding at Concordville. 
  • Options
    mendenhall is nice  i dont know about the pricing though since it is off season- we looked there and the pricing seemed high ( but we were getting married in october) H's cousin got married at william penn inn - it is very nice there as well ( i think the pricing is more within what you are looking for too) we just got married at Northampton Valley country club and EVERYTHING was amazing! the food - the staff- the service it was all amazing! I highly reccomend looking into it! Kristen, Bridget and Alexis are the event coordinators they work so well together! if you have any questions they are quick to reply by email or phone! I have nothing but great things to say about Northampton Valley country club! My guests were impressed and all had a good time! ( the price was under $100 pp depending on the entree selection and it included cake-open bar- centerpieces- linens)

good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards