Snarky Brides
Options

Happy Wednesday!

Re: Happy Wednesday!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:2f4c1114-b642-4219-a02a-27890ce3e7b8">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning. I am also guilty of staying up until midnight to read. I just started reading Relic. The series was a referral from a co-worker who seems to like a lot of what I like when it comes to books. I am out of <strong>Dean Koontz</strong> books to read. I believe I have read almost all of them. Anything I haven't read from him is because I don't know it exists. So I needed a new series.Posted by Y I Oughta[/QUOTE]

Are you on GoodReads if you have a list I can look at it and maybe tell you what you are missing. I used to collect his books, then I purged. Have you read his new one?  77 Shadow Street. I havent, but I've read really mixed reviews.

Plus I've started my new adventure :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:c5a8e6b3-9308-40f1-8908-86896ebb2225">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Wednesday! : Man, I've had it in my sig for over a year now, let's see if I remember... From the Home page on GoodReads, click on My Books (towards the top center of the screen). On your My Books screen, on the left-hand side there's a button for Widgets, click on that. On the Widgets page, if you scroll towards the bottom, there will be a category for Goodreads Shelf Badge. There you can choose from the drop-down menu of what shelf you want displayed, then copy and paste that HTML code into your siggy on TK. I was actually considering switching mine to the 2012 Reading Challenge Widget (2nd to last on the Widget page), but thought that would make my siggy a bit too large.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

That's what I had tried to do - do you just have your challenge typed in, and you update it yourself? I can't figure out how to make the widget smaller.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I re-read The Shining in October. It was still amazing. I love some Stephen King. I love that quote, krizzo. I also love this one: "Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."
  • Options
    Ahh yes, I manually type in my 2012 reading progress. So, once I log that I finished reading a book in GoodReads, I'll make sure to update my progress in my siggy too.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:a77b6fdc-5d9d-40f9-880d-1bc8cdf021c0">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I re-read The Shining in October. It was still amazing. I love some Stephen King. I love that quote, krizzo. I also love this one: "<strong>Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."
    </strong>Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Ha!  That's awesome.
  • Options
    I also just got an amazon email and the font book I want is 1/2 off today! Yay books! It's one I want in print instead of for my kindle. I forwarded it to DH and told him instead of a $6 V-day card and $10 candy I'd rather have that book. I'm waiting on the font jokes to come back in response. :)
  • Options
    Liseys story is the one with the bools and boo'ya moon. Its one of my favourites. Its weird but there's something so comforting and familiar about tucking into a SK book, the world he creates is just spectacular. Tell me how you like 11/22/63 bec, I really liked that one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:a77b6fdc-5d9d-40f9-880d-1bc8cdf021c0">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I re-read The Shining in October. It was still amazing. I love some Stephen King. I love that quote, krizzo. I also love this one: "<strong>Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."
    </strong>Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Haha my fi's friend quotes this like 10 times a day. And it never ceases to be funny.
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:c5123cf3-2eaa-4513-af56-af5d60833348">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Hump Day! Good luck today, Nebb. Big work talks always suck. I hope they listen to you and fix the situation.  I started Lisey's Story, then FuckEX left me. I'd forgotten all about it until just now. I need to find it and start over! I'm reading 11.22.63 by Stephen King right now, so I'll jump over to that one when I'm finished. Thanks for the reminder! 
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

I found Lisey's Story when were on vacation one year.It was in the cabin we stayed at, so when I got home I had to buy it and finish it. Loved it, one of my favs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:ecb5ee5f-277a-4675-b693-cda210c3b8ed">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Wednesday! : I don't know what the bolded line means. I hope he sticks around (it was just a shoulder wound, right?). Mostly because he's oddly sexy in his psycho role. Maye it's the hat. And yeah, the part with Boyd was great. I can't wait to see what happens with them.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Sorry a meant would'nt be around long. He is still a prominent fixture on Dexter. So, I think this a hiatus gig for him. I think the weirdly blonde guy is the permanent fixture this season. And I remember him from Desperate Housewives, he was a pyscho on that too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:a77b6fdc-5d9d-40f9-880d-1bc8cdf021c0">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I re-read The Shining in October. It was still amazing. I love some Stephen King. I love that quote, krizzo. I also love this one:<strong> "Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."</strong>
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

*like*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:674eef6c-5368-4318-a063-2a27e20dc188">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Wednesday! : Like typography?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    Yep. It's called Just My Type. DH likes to mock me because I'm a typegeek, but then I catch him judging fonts in magazines he reads and I know he gets me. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:ece18c2c-b6da-45d0-a217-c5db141478b1">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Liseys story is the one with the bools and boo'ya moon. Its one of my favourites. <strong>Its weird but there's something so comforting and familiar about tucking into a SK book, the world he creates is just spectacular.</strong> Tell me how you like 11/22/63 bec, I really liked that one.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Once you get to know a writer's style, there's just something so familiar about delving into his/her other books.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    I am home AGAIN. In 11 years of teaching I have never been sick three days in a row. I woke up with my throat still killing and I still have no energy (um, three days without exercise - bleh).  And now, of course, my infection has dropped to my chest so I am coughing. I find that if I lay in bed and sip water through a straw (using my nifty massive starbucks cup) then I don't cough. So far that is the plan. And trying not to freak out about the mess I will come back to tomorrow. Or about my co-workers gossiping about me being away for so long.
  • Options
    Good morning.  I'm hoping that my house and yard are still standing when I get home tonight.  We're supposed to have up to 80 mph gusts today!  I'm sure my dog will be less than thrilled to go outside.  We've got tickets to the Avalanche game tonight.  I really hope we win!   
    Good luck Nebb! 
  • Options
    Ugh that sucks Numbers.  Feel better!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:2becc0fe-37ba-433f-84f1-375ff95136cf">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Wednesday! : Sorry a meant would'nt be around long. He is still a prominent fixture on Dexter. So, I think this a hiatus gig for him. I think the weirdly blonde guy is the permanent fixture this season. And I remember him from Desperate Housewives, he was a pyscho on that too.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Nooo I want him to be around forever. He's so pretty to look at. That's why he doesn't wear a mask, you know.

The blond guy was a bad guy/drug dealer in Walking Tall with The Rock. That's how I think of him. Apparently he's good at being a bad guy.
  • Options
    Glee was stupid. There were so many things wrong with this episode that I don't even know where to begin.

1. It is ok for the woman to propose. The man doesn't always have to do it.
    2. The swimming proposal was weird and I probably would have said no.
    3. Contemplating not marrying her because of her mental illness is kind of shitty.
    4. High schoolers proposing to other high schoolers???! NO.
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies.

Work is crazy busy.  I really wish it was April already.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:7fd5d48c-a399-4490-820b-1d2379a0c475">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glee was stupid. There were so many things wrong with this episode that I don't even know where to begin. 1. It is ok for the woman to propose. The man doesn't always have to do it. 2. The swimming proposal was weird and I probably would have said no. 3. Contemplating not marrying her because of her mental illness is kind of shitty. 4. High schoolers proposing to other high schoolers???! NO.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with all of this. And to add:</div><div>
    </div><div>5. the whole episode was about nothing really. that bugged me</div><div>
    </div><div>6. (a follow up to mara's #4)...I love how becaue Finn doesn't know what he wants to do with his life he wants to get married. AWESOME. When in doubt, get married. FFS.</div>
  • Options
    I stand by my opinion that glee is a stupid show, I can't wait till it gets canned. The non stop parading of glee cast drove me nuts at the globes.
  • Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Good luck with the work thing, Nebb. Let us know how it goes. Numbers - I feel for you. :( I recently had the flu (sans strep, thankfully) and that was miserable enough. I can't imagine trying to deal with that when your throat is on fire too. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm a little worried that I have some kind of sciatica thing going on right now. I thought I pulled a muscle when I was getting over the flu and coughing all the time, but the pain isn't getting better, and it's switching sides in my lower back. The pain radiates from my lower back right into my butt cheek and it feels like a knife. It's brutal, and nothing I've done has seemed to provide any lasting relief. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow anyway, so hopefully she can recommend something like chiro or massage that will help.
  • Options
    Morning. I'm ready for Friday to get here. 
    My boss told me this morning that I have to go and get a professional head shot taken tomorrow. Guess who's lard ass is too big for any of her suits? This girl. Looks like I'm going shopping after work tonight. It blows because after being soaking wet all day yesterday, I have blisters, and it's going to suck to hoof it around the mall. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:34b97435-66e6-4952-91ba-470e795db122">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning, ladies. Work is crazy busy.  I really wish it was April already.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking of you!  It'll be here before you know it.
  • Options
    I went to a high school with a huge choir program, so to me, glee is a tv show based on 90% of the people I couldn't stand from high school.
    my read shelf:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I really liked Lost until the last season. Then it kind of got confusing and I heard so many theories on what was really happening that it turned into a blur.
  • Options
    Lol nope! That show also made no sense and since I wasn't allowed to move or breathe or do anything that might make noise during it (adam watched it) I in turn hated and resented it.
  • Options
    Alright my latest guilty-pleasure tv show is Switched at Birth. I can't look away, I don't know why. Has anyone else seen it?
    my read shelf:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, Celtic. I'm going to check out some of her books, it'll be a change of pace from what I normally pick up.

jcb, I don't know why, but I never buy Dean Koontz books, I know a lot of people love him, but for some reason they never jump out at me. Maybe I'll have to give it a try. And I'm putting Kathy Reichs on my list of things to google :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards