Snarky Brides

Happy Wednesday!

Good morning ladies! Quiet morning in the office today, I like it. I slept like garbage (stupid after-work nap threw off my sleep cycle). Caffeine is my friend today. Did anyone catch Glee last night?
25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
my currently-reading shelf:
Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
Photobucket
"Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
**FOR SALE NOW**

Re: Happy Wednesday!

• Morning mehg and everyone else! The packers are coming today. We have a lot of last minute things to do though so I'm just saying hi. Have a great day!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Morning! I didn't catch Glee but I did catch Justified, and it was awesome. KD, did you watch yet? If so, do you agree that the Fletcher/Icepick guy could totally be Johnny Depp's brother? Despite him being a bad guy, he needs to stick around.

Anyway. So does anyone remember the huge pine tree I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I wanted taken down because it's pressing up against the deck and threatening to kill us? I talked to the landlord yesterday and they are cool with taking it down. I'm so relieved, because I really thought they would fight us on it. We just have to get estimates and they'll take care of the rest. Yay.
  • Im tired, its cold and I was reading until midnight (why do I keep doing that?!). I made a decision about work and I am planning to talk to my manager about it (cause im a wimp) so that he can pass it along to the owner - im telling them I dont want to do the sales gig but express I dont want to leave the company and blablabla. Im just really unhappy doing it and I dont think it will get better. I ran it past my mom lastnight expecting major interference but she was all for it and said I would be fine and was super supportive - I think shes ill or something. Wish me luck!!
  • Good luck, nebb. Hopefully you can all reach a solution. Question - why don't they just hire an experienced sales person to replace him, rather than forcing the job on you and making you learn the ropes?
  • Who knows. The sales guy has lost them so much money they probably cant afford to hire anyone else. Like I said, hes the worst.
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Morning.

Good luck with that today Nebb.  I'd say it's the right decision.

I've got to run to a meeting with our engineers in India in a few moments, but I wanter to say hi. 

Happy Hump Day all!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nebb - I wound up reading till midnight, too. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo finally is starting to get good, so I've been reading almost every night for the past few days.
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • lol im glad im not the only one torturing myself with tiredness. I cant help it, Im not TIRED at 11pm, so I stay up, but then im sure as hell tired in the morning.
  • Happy moving day LHT!
    Sesh, that tree is STILL there? Wasn't that from last summer?

Yay for Wednessday! The week is already half over.  I'm looking forward to this weekend.  Duplex hunting for REAL duplexes for rent (instead of the scams we keep finding online) and our chest freezer is being deliverd which means we can stock up on some meat! Woo hoo.  We're down to the bare bones of fish and chicken.  I want some venison again.
  • Morning all!  

It's going to be fairly quiet in my area at work today.  I'm here normal time but I was going to treat myself to sleeping in but that didn't happen.  Le sigh.  Tonight after the gym I really need to finish up addressing my STDs so I can get them out.  Fingers crossed I can actually get it done.
  • Morning!  The weather last night said snow, so I got up early to be able to leave early today, and there's no snow anywhere to be found (except already on the ground from yesterday).  Go figure.

Good luck with the move, Hike!

Good luck, Nebb.  I also think you're doing the right thing, but I would also be freaked out about it.  I hope it all works out.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:eb4cb879-3519-49ca-865e-73041a44dc82">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb - I wound up reading till midnight, too. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo finally is starting to get good, so I've been reading almost every night for the past few days.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

This is why I have made it my mission to encourage everyone I see reading this book to stick with it through the boring first part of the first book. It's really a miracle that I didn't fail out of school reading these books - senior year+great books = laying in bed reading all day, no matter what.

Nebb - what are you reading that kept you up so late?
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mehg, you started a thread!  They've fixed it for you?

Morning, I'm tired and it was raining when I got up this morning.  I really wanted to crawl back into bed.  I'm hoping today goes quickly.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:45f43f80-2ab0-4bbd-a5f8-3f94e17bee6c">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Wednesday! : Um, not sure what you mean? We have a crapton of trees around us since we are in a wooded area. I've always hated this one but it didn't start giving us trouble until a few weeks ago. We did have 2 pine trees in the driveway removed last summer. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Possibly?  For some reason I remember you (maybe it was someone else) that had a dead tree still standing in their yard and wanted it removed before it ruined the house.
  • Good morning. I am also guilty of staying up until midnight to read. I just started reading Relic. The series was a referral from a co-worker who seems to like a lot of what I like when it comes to books. I am out of Dean Koontz books to read. I believe I have read almost all of them. Anything I haven't read from him is because I don't know it exists. So I needed a new series. Now I have something to read while I'm sitting there doing nothing during employment testing.

Nebb- Good luck with the manager. Hopefully they will understand where you are coming from and find a solution that works for everyone.

Hike-I read that as the Packers Football team. I was trying to remember if you worked in some kind of advertising or television, then I remembered you are moving. I need caffeine stat.

20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:054b9820-e065-4b38-860d-15f851a7609a">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Wednesday! : Possibly?  For some reason I remember you (maybe it was someone else) that had a dead tree still standing in their yard and wanted it removed before it ruined the house.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

It may have been one of the other trees. This particular tree is still very much alive and drips sap all over the damn place. As the landlord said, the tree was planted 30 years ago and "it keeps growing, but unfortunately the deck doesn't."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:b88aaca0-1607-4c72-a129-44c338e0952d">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I didn't catch Glee but I did catch Justified, and it was awesome. KD, did you watch yet? If so, do you agree that the Fletcher/Icepick guy could totally be Johnny Depp's brother? Despite him being a bad guy, he needs to stick around. Anyway. So does anyone remember the huge pine tree I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I wanted taken down because it's pressing up against the deck and threatening to kill us? I talked to the landlord yesterday and they are cool with taking it down. I'm so relieved, because I really thought they would fight us on it. We just have to get estimates and they'll take care of the rest. Yay.

I Loved It! I couldn't get over just how much I missed it. Must be how Nebb feels when MM returns :)
    I'm already tainted by the Fletcher dude, he is  Detective Flynn on Dexter. So, I didnt think he would be along soon. But I loved the look the guys faces when Boyd walked back into prison. Ready for next Tuesday now!

Glad that tree is coming down, it would be a bigger mess if it fell.

Nothing going on today. It is boring here.

Jes- How was the first day?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:d9f2a8f2-127c-464f-9925-a239e7a85f8a">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Mehg, you started a thread!  They've fixed it for you?</strong> Morning, I'm tired and it was raining when I got up this morning.  I really wanted to crawl back into bed.  I'm hoping today goes quickly.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

I know, right? I've figured out that I can only start new threads when I'm posting from my phone (which uses Safari). I'm thinking my TK account just doesn't like IE or something, which is what I have at work and at home. I'm not allowed to change that at work, but I wonder if I should switch to Firefox at home or something.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Yeah, for the first half of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo I was trying to figure out what all the hype was about. By the time I got near the end I told FH he wans't allowed to talk to me until I was done. We were camping and I had limited daylight to get it done!

I finished a good book last night so now I need to decide what to get next. Too many choices! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Kim, my first day was awesome!  I think I'm going to like this job :)  One of my coworkers from the residential treatment center works there too, in a different county, but I'll see her twice a month at our all staff meetings, so that's cool!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Mehg - can you tell me how to get my goodreads signature to look like yours?
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Krizzo - I'm reading liseys story by stephen king (for the 3rd time). I can blow through stephen king really fast and adam was beating me on book count for the year so far (he's almost @ 5 and I'm only @ 2 but we are also going by page count) so I figured I would "cheat". I hate losing to him. Thanks guys :) I will tell you hot it goes. The owner is actually here right now so uugh who knows.
  • Good morning!  It's going to be a fantastic day.  Or at least it better be after the last few days I've had. 

Good luck with work, Nebb.  I'm sure you're nervous but I'm glad you're standing up for yourself. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:cb81355b-3033-4c63-8422-f57b6881b242">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Wednesday! : It may have been one of the other trees. This particular tree is still very much alive and drips sap all over the damn place. As the landlord said, the tree was planted 30 years ago and<strong> "it keeps growing, but unfortunately the deck doesn't."</strong>

That's some good logic right there lol
  • Happy Hump Day!

I also always stay up late reading. With TV I'll go to bed, but books suck me in and convince me to stay up. I have resigned myself to just being tired during the week and trying to find a day on the weekend to catch up on sleep.

Nice 10 hour day of work today, a coed VB match tonight, and taco chili waiting for me in the crockpot when I get home. Woot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good morning. I could not fall asleep last night so now im exhausted. I have a drs appt and then I want to go register for school. I need coffee. Badly.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:84e07141-91de-4a05-a267-6ff6a2b96737">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mehg - can you tell me how to get my goodreads signature to look like yours?
    Posted by krizzo17[/QUOTE]

Man, I've had it in my sig for over a year now, let's see if I remember...

From the Home page on GoodReads, click on My Books (towards the top center of the screen). On your My Books screen, on the left-hand side there's a button for Widgets, click on that. On the Widgets page, if you scroll towards the bottom, there will be a category for Goodreads Shelf Badge. There you can choose from the drop-down menu of what shelf you want displayed, then copy and paste that HTML code into your siggy on TK.

I was actually considering switching mine to the 2012 Reading Challenge Widget (2nd to last on the Widget page), but thought that would make my siggy a bit too large.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Happy Hump Day! Good luck today, Nebb. Big work talks always suck. I hope they listen to you and fix the situation. 

I started Lisey's Story, then FuckEX left me. I'd forgotten all about it until just now. I need to find it and start over! I'm reading 11.22.63 by Stephen King right now, so I'll jump over to that one when I'm finished. Thanks for the reminder! 
  • I haven't read any Steven King in years - I should get back to that. My favorite quote from him is always his response to "why do you write the things you do -", to which he responded "What makes you think I have any choice?"
    my read shelf:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:9135a750-30c4-4a69-8f71-d7c531be629a">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Wednesday! : I Loved It! I couldn't get over just how much I missed it. Must be how Nebb feels when MM returns :) I'm already tainted by the Fletcher dude, he is  Detective Flynn on Dexter. <strong>So, I didnt think he would be along soon.</strong> But I loved the look the guys faces when Boyd walked back into prison. Ready for next Tuesday now! Glad that tree is coming down, it would be a bigger mess if it fell. Nothing going on today. It is boring here. Jes- How was the first day?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I don't know what the bolded line means.

I hope he sticks around (it was just a shoulder wound, right?). Mostly because he's oddly sexy in his psycho role. Maye it's the hat.

And yeah, the part with Boyd was great. I can't wait to see what happens with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards