Wedding Woes
Options

wwyd?

hmonkeyhmonkey member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited October 2013 in Wedding Woes
Dear Amy: I recently found out that my employer's wife thinks we are having an affair. My boss and I have known each other for 25 years, both as friends and co-workers. We are quite close and I consider him a "brother" type figure.

My husband and I ran into this couple, and I was shocked when the wife shot me a dirty look. I asked my boss about it the next day, and he told me straight out that she is accusing us of fooling around (with no basis for her suspicions). I told my husband immediately, and he trusts that nothing is going on.

The company we work for is very small. As a company we have all traveled and socialized together (including spouses). We will have a company holiday party/dinner, and I've told my husband I'm not interested in going.

I'm furious with her for accusing me of something so serious. I consider my marriage vows important. I worry I will feel uncomfortable all evening in such a small group of people.

My husband and my sister both say I should go because I've done nothing wrong, but how do I handle myself appropriately when there are so few people present — and only three other women to talk to (her being one of them)? — Tick

wwyd? 30 votes

call the wife before the party to clear the air
16% 5 votes
call the wife before the party to set a date and time to fight in the work parking lot
0% 0 votes
say nothing, but change email signature to "i am not a whore"
3% 1 vote
go to the party alone
0% 0 votes
go to the party with your husband
73% 22 votes
go to the party with your husband, but dress like Miley and twerk on the boss all night
6% 2 votes
quit job, move cross country, start life anew
0% 0 votes

Re: wwyd?

• Options
    Twerk the boss, bring extra teddy bears.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    The boss telling her straight out makes me think that he knows his wife is crazy.  

I'd go and be normal to the wife.  If she was mean to me, I'd just keep smiling and being polite.

This isn't her problem.
  • Options

Agreed with Varuna.  She'll get the stink eye all night, but she shouldn't have to isolate herself from her coworkers/friends because of this woman.

• Options
    Option H: go to the party and pretend there is no problem.
  • Options
    If I otherwise wanted to go to the party I would.  I've been accused of this more times than I can count.
  • Options
    Why is there no option for "go to party with husband and sit in corner making out all night/twerking on him". Because that's what I'd do.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2013
    coals of fire and all that.
    Blissfully oblivious.

Can we assume Amy gave bad advice?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards