January 2014 Weddings
Options

2 months!

November is here and we have 2 months until our weddings. Can you believe it??? November is a busy month for me. I got my new wedding dress last weekend (because I've recently become pregnant). Tomorrow I meet with the florist. Next weekend we have our premartial course. The weekend after that I have my hair and makeup trial (because there is no way I'm DIYing that!). The Monday after that we have our walkthrough with the venue and caterer to has out every single detail. Then the week after that we meet with the DJ!!!

Does anyone have a list of everything that is needed for a wedding? I feel like I'm forgetting something!

Re: 2 months!

• Options
    I know I'm forgetting something - actually, I think it might be the guest book.  And decor.  And coffee (otherwise known as cocktail) hour.  Goodness, I'm behind!  I have a really long Christmas break, so hopefully I can get everything done then.  I'm just trying to get things done one step at a time, so I'm focusing on invites this week.  And the talk that I'm giving on Tuesday - life makes me procrastinate on wedding stuff quite frequently. 

• Options
    I am using the checklist from TheKnot.com and am finding it very helpful. Stay in communication with your vendors. They will help you stay on track!

As for me, I have less than 60 days and getting both nervous and excited! 90% invitations mailed and already getting reply cards. Will send weekend itinerary as an insert along with my Christmas cards for out-of-town guests.

Immediate projects include first fitting with seamstress for gown, selecting groomsmen's attire, and finalizing music and decor for reception. Need to buy guest book and hunting for a nice ivory fur bolero jacket. Supposed to have premarital counseling but my schedule is crazy...go figure!
  • Options
    You didn't send out all of your invitations at once either, @Jazzyliza?  Interesting - I sent mine out over a week's span, as I was finishing them, and my sister thought I was insane. 

• Options
    As for the checklist, I googled "wedding day checklist" and compared about 20 of them and put things on a word document that applied to me. Now I have one list for me, and one list for FI. (Although I will probably end up packing up his stuff as well). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards