Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Non-Diamond Engagement rings

It seems like pretty much everyone has a diamond, and while they're beautiful, I feel like the alternatives aren't getting enough love.  Show off your non-diamond engagement ring (Referring to the main stone.  If you have a ruby with diamonds as accent stones, for example, it still counts) I wanna see some variety :)

Re: Non-Diamond Engagement rings

• Options

Mine is a diamond with sapphires. So I guess that kind of counts.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is my Mystic Fire Topaz center stone. My birthday is in November so I adopted that as my birthstone a few years ago instead of the orange topaz. Then I have 60 tiny diamonds around it.

I told my fiance I wanted Mystic Fire and white gold. He picked the rest himself and I love it. 5 months into our engagement and I still keep getting compliments.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is an opal. I am in love with it. It's a family ring that my FI's father made. 
  • Options
    No diamond for me! My tiny bezel-set sapphire :D
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    NerdyLucy said:

Cushion cut sapphire as a center stone.  A halo of diamonds, then another halo of sapphires.

Some people love it, and some people probably think it's weird.  Frankly, if a sapphire was good enough for Princess Diana, a sapphire is good enough for me.  

I don't know how to put a pic here while on my phone, but I also have a sapphire, with a diamond halo. We custom designed it, specifically inspired by princess Diana (and Duchess Catherine).

• Options
    Mine is an heirloom ring from FI's grandmother. Top pic is how it looked before, and bottom is after: polished the sapphire, changed yellow gold band to white gold, and made a simple custom wedding band. Everyone is so drawn to it, I love it!
  • Options
    marleyjustinemarleyjustine member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2014
    Early on in our relationship my fiancee decided that when he proposed he wanted to design my engagement ring and have it custom made and I won't lie, I was a little nervous. Initially, we didn't talk about anything other than a diamond. I think I was so nervous about the idea of a custom design that I kept saying "I just want a simple ring, just a diamond and white gold." When he ended up going to Colombia for work, I asked if he would get me an emerald ring but I wasn't thinking about anything fancy, or an engagement ring. We decided to Google "emerald ring" so that I could point some out that I liked, making his job easier. The search results included a lot of emerald engagement rings and I instantly fell in love. After talking it over, we decided to go with an emerald engagement ring and he picked up the loose emerald on his trip.

• Options
    My camera does it no justice but here is mine.  1.5 carats of lilac amethyst as the center stone with four smaller stones on the sides.
  • Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2013
    imageI haven't picked mine up, but I have a picture to salivate over until I can.  It is my wedding ring (opted not to have an engagement ring - just a fancy wedding ring).
    If that picture didn't load . . . whoops.

• Options
    Nope, nothing - I hate computer issues.  Well, take my word for it - it is a sapphire with diamonds on the side and it is pretty.

• Options
    I love this! I have an heirloom ring as well. How did you change the band to white gold, did you get it dipped? I want to do that with mine but I heard you have to re-dip every few months. 
  • Options
    Mine is a VERY pale aquamarine. No pic since he didn't pop the question yet. I wouldn't have minded a diamond but after researching them, I found out that they are one of the most common stones and only held off the market by the diamond companies. So I adopted my birthstone as my engagement ring. It's so beautiful!! I love it!!
  • Options
    Beautiful rings ladies!

I have a round Ceylon sapphire with two square diamonds as accents.

My photobucket account isn't working right now, so here is a pic of the same ring I found online:

• Options

My center stone is a green amethyst. I love all the different styles and stories behind everyone's rings. They are each so beautiful!

• Options

It's kind of blurry, but here's my sapphire - with diamonds on the sides. We live in Chicago but are getting married in Montana and plan to move there. It's a Montana sapphire that we picked out the first time we went there. :)

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Mine in an emerald set in white gold. I can't wear it right now because I broke my ring finger and it is so swollen right now but here is a pic, sorry it isn't the best quality pic, I took it with my iPad.
  • Options
    Mine also has Montana sapphires in it. It's based off the Spiritual Stone of Water from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time cause we're both nerds.

Anniversary
  • Options
    All of these rings are incredibly beautiful!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Mine is a pink sapphire (My favorite color). I thought I wanted a diamond with pink sapphire accents, but this is perfect and everything I wanted
  • Options
    My fiance gave me a diamond-and-pearl engagement ring and I absolutely love it! The pearl has a pink hue to it, and I just can't say enough how stunning I think it is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    So I do not have my ring yet but I know what  I would like to get but I have so many questions. I want a low profile ruby ring with white sapphires as the secondary stones if any. My first question is metal choice, I don't like yellow or white gold. I am leaning towards sterling silver but it normally turns my skin green. Any advice?" Secondly will it be a faux paux if I have a ruby ring but make my wedding colors navy and silver?
  • Options
    1.) Have you looked into platinum or palladium?

2.) That would absolutely not be a faux pas.
  • Options
    curious, why don't you like white gold?  The aesthetic is quite similar to platinum but more cost effective.

and no, the colours of your wedding would not be a faux pas with your ring...I think it would be lovely
  • Options
    most white gold that I've found in my price range is yellow gold with a rhodium plating so it starts to wear off and wit as rough as i am with my hands i really don't want to deal with having it refinishedevery other year
  • Options
    SadieTEK said:
    most white gold that I've found in my price range is yellow gold with a rhodium plating so it starts to wear off and wit as rough as i am with my hands i really don't want to deal with having it refinishedevery other year
    That's what white gold is.  Unless it's under heavy physical use, it doesn't wear that much.  Most women can go years without replating.  White gold just tends to have a slightly warmer undertone than platinum...but those are pretty much the choices.

Sterling silver is very soft and will likely warp in a fairly short period of time...plus, if it turns your finger green, might not be the right choice :)
  • Options
    hi everyone.  i'm new here...not really engaged yet either, but pretty close to it... :)  hoping for the actual popping of the question to come in the next few months on our next anniversary. so until then i'm still hoping.  but he did give me this for xmas...(i'll keep it on the right hand 'for now')

• Options
    Very pretty! Sorry about your finger - hope it heals quickly!
  • Options
    Mine is a white sapphire. The other band is my anniversary present 2 years ago, black and white diamonds. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards