Iowa-Des Moines
Options

What/Who did you choose for music/entertainment?

We are trying to hammer out the details for the reception especially music/entertainment. Who did you use for a DJ or live band in the area? Why did you choose one over the other?

Re: What/Who did you choose for music/entertainment?

• Options
    Ballyhoo foxtrot orchestra is awesome!  We wanted a vintage feel, so we went with them!
  • Options
    Dennis at DM Best DJ is awesome! Our wedding is in three months, but he is been incredible in the planning process and has worked with us being long distance so incredibly well. When I've told each of my vendors who I am working with, I consistently get, "He is incredible!" or something to that effect.

Check out his reviews on wedding wire...they speak for themselves!
  • Options
    I am a professional ceremony planner and officiant and a connoisseur of professional DJ's.   I perform 40-50 weddings every year and get to experience a lot of different dj's.   A good dj can make or break and event.  A great DJ not only gets people to dance but directs their attention to you, the cake cutting, the first dance, mother-son/father-daughter dances, and the toasts.    It is so impressive when a good DJ professionally commands his/her performance and the guest go silent and intently watch that first dance with love.   Priceless.  Priceless.   A great DJ also pays attention to all the details, makes mention of things like the cake being made by your Aunt, or other little important details.    I've seen the worse too, names butchered, no one dancing, etc.

Here are some of the best in the business (including Dennis Herman mentioned above)

Tim and Missy, A Special Event DJ
    Ernie Segebart
    Cary Knight
    Cubbie Powell, Select Entertainment
    and Dennis

As far as the ceremony, I love live music and Des Moines has some of the best in the business.     Kristin Maahs is absolutely one of the best harpist in the area.  Michelle Bell plays fiddle, violin and keyboards and she is reasonably priced as well 
    thefiddlechick@gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards