Not Engaged Yet
Options

Bueller? Bueller?

I'm currently "snowed in" with approximately 0" of snow and a thin layer of ice beginning to form. I have to write a max 20 page paper for my class I went to two weeks ago and I'm having a hard time staying focused on it. 

Come chat with me?

Tell me what you're having for dinner, what you had for lunch, and what you plan to do this weekend. 

I want to order chinese food for dinner, but our place may be closed. 

I haven't eaten lunch yet. Besides my big ol' glass of water. 

I'm going to NOLA this weekend with @elle1036 and @peekaboo and I cannot wait. I'll be finishing The Casual Vacancy on my drive out there, so I got The Handmaid's Tale once I'm done with that. All Audibles, of course. 
--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary

Re: Bueller? Bueller?

• Options

Hi,

How is The Casual Vacancy it's been on my to-read list for awhile. 

Dinner will be quick since I have about 40 minutes to be home cook a quick diner and then head out the door again to rehearsal.  Also checking in on our kitty who was at the vet all day yesterday.  I've never been to NOLA.. one day I guess.

Anniversary

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 - The Casual Vacancy is all right. There are about a million different characters and their stories are so intense. It's not hard to keep track, but it can be overwhelming. The writing is fantastic, but it's just too much. I've got about two hours left on it, so maybe once I get to the ending I'll have a better opinion on it. 

How is your precious kitty doing? He's home and safe?

NOLA is fun, mainly because of the super awesome food. It's really, really dirty though, and that usually takes a lot of people by surprise. 

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options

We brought him home yesterday! He was peeing at the vet and we isolated him in one of the spare bedrooms and he has been peeing on his own fine. So hopefully it stays this way now.  Thanks for asking.  We will probably let him have free roam of the house tonight. 

How do you get snowed in without there being any snow? Or did everything just shut down for the impending snow?

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm so so glad to hear he's peeing! Isn't it crazy how pets and kids will make you think about private bodily functions in ways you never thought you would? I always feel awkward when one of the pets starts feeling bad because their movements are the first thing I pay attention to. 

Our roads and cars aren't equipped to handle ice and sleet, so when it rains and then drops to anything below 35, the city shuts down. There was supposed to be snow coming today, but it hasn't hit. Everyone's posting pictures of their kids playing in the "snow", but I don't have the heart to tell them it's just a lot of sleet... I'm curious to see what happens tomorrow since everything is SO wet and the temps aren't getting above 30 until late tomorrow afternoon. 

• Options
    I REALLY want chinese food. But given that I do my weigh-ins on Wednesday morning, I feel like that would be a bad choice. FUCK. 

I had a Healthy Choice for lunch which was good, and I'm eating a lemon meringue greek yogurt right now. 

I forgot to bring a seltzer today, and it's too fucking cold to go outside, so I'm thirsty.

I'm working at a volleyball game across town tomorrow, a basketball game on Thursday, then I have home events (basketball & hockey) here on Friday & Saturday.  

I think it's hysterical that the south is totally shut down. I have friends in Atlanta, and they're bitching about how bad the traffic is because everyone is freaking out. 

I'm jealous that you're going to NOLA. :(

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I had a huge lunch - pasta, spinach salad, raw veggies and ranch, a banana. On-campus meal plans have huge advantages, one of which is I won't have to have much or anything to eat tonight. I'll make a peanut butter sandwich if I get hungry.

This weekend we'll have gaming on Friday night. I have no idea what else we're doing, probably Saturday I will keep working on the piano to relearn the instrument. Maybe tonight I'll pull out my hymnal and start marking breaths and intros.
  • Options
    @BriSox81 Get you some chinese food! I like encouraging others in poor life decisions, especially ones that taste that good. Although, your yogurt sounds divine. 

Yay sports!! Are any of the games going to be particularly good? I still can't get over the fact that there's college hockey. 

Luckily, our traffic is the best it's ever been because no one's on the roads. They "salted" the bridges last Friday when it got all cold and the stuff they used gets thrown up onto my car by the big trucks. I don't like it. 

Come to NOLA. Eat with me. Drink with me. Since those two crazies are running a marathon Sunday, they're not drinking a whole lot. I need someone to make me feel like not so much an alcoholic. 

• Options
    Hi! I thought The Casual Vacancy was ok. I think I wanted a bit more action. 

I had a leftover BBQ turkey sloppy joe for lunch. For dinner, I have a big pork roast thing in the crockpot with some liquid smoke. I'm going to have it over rice with some veggies on the side. 

I'm realizing how freakin busy my weekends are going to be soon. I have a ton of Saturday plans. Between now and mid-April, I only have 2 Saturdays free-- (3 of which will be spent with NEYers :)

• Options
    I had Ho-hos and a Rockstar for breakfast.  That's a meal of champions right there.  

I'm exhausted because I had class until 9 (was supposed to be 10) last night and then BF had to go to Sports Authority to buy a pair of running shoes.  By the time I got home and did everything I needed to, it was 11:30pm.  I got up at 4:45 to be at work today.  At least I got off early.  

My taxes are done and both returns have been accepted.  But I discovered we don't start getting the tax refund until the 31st and I don't want to wait three days for it.  If I even get it that day.

I'm probably not eating again until dinner.  I'm just not very hungry today.  I also have no idea what I want for dinner.

This weekend I get to drive down to my hometown to hang out with my friends and family.  Friday, I work from 7am to 3pm and then that evening we pack up the mutt and drive down.  I have lunch with my aunt at 11 and then probably hang out with my family until my friends are free.  We're coming back on Sunday so I can be at work by 7pm to do inventory until 3am on Monday morning.
  • Options
    @keptinstitches, tell me more about the piano thing. What's got you picking it up again?

@swazzle the first weekend in April is the only one you need to think about, duh. You're going to have some great stories!! 

And what do you mean by more action in TCV? I feel like there's too much.

@shiroyasha, goodness that sucks. I saw your post about all the shit happening at work. I hope it smooths out at some point, and that you get some good, quality sleep this week. 

• Options
    @audrewuh I hope he is ok from now on, we have to put him on a special prescription wet food.  Only 25 more minutes and I can go home. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @audrewuh - college hockey is THE BEST. You should probs come up here & visit & come to a game with me. I miss your face. 

No exciting games this weekend, unfortunately. I think we blew our load with the brawl last weekend, haha. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    I couldn't fall asleep last night. I fell asleep sometime around 6:30am and woke up at 1:30pm this afternoon. I've been at work for a couple of hours, and I've been getting a lot done, but I feel just AWFUL. I'm so embarrassed at showing up to the lab so late, and I feel like The Worst Person Ever To Attempt Adulthood.

Last night, I went to the movie theater to watch a performance of the Royal Ballet perform Giselle (they basically recorded last night's show and rebroadcast it at theaters). It was wonderful ... except for the racist comments from some of the other theater-goers during intermission. I'm still angry about that. In the meantime, I'm excited because there's going to be another recorded performance of March, this time of Sleeping Beauty, which has my favorite ballet score ever. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, the Disney movie actually used the ballet score for the film. So if you love the music from Disney's Sleeping Beauty, you love the ballet score.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @audrewuh - Really? I thought it was pretty slow-paced overall. 

I'm also having brunch with 2 little ladies who are recently engaged and spending a weekend in Boston  :)

• Options
    @audrewuh Thanks! I'm hoping it clears up now that apparently I'm to be more assertive.  And I'm so excited to sleep in till 9 on Thursday.
  • Options
    @audrewuh, one of my friends can get me work playing for funerals. I took lessons for 10 years? 12 years? Can't remember exactly how long, but I quit when I went to college. I still have a really impressive library though, and I mostly seem to need refinement to be good enough.
  • Options
    @peaseblossom55 SO CLOSE! Give kitty loves when you get home from NEY!

@BriSox81 I hate that phrase... And yes, I MUST come up and visit! Watch all the sports and all the hockey!

@phira, don't feel too bad. That's my usual MO. The office will text me around 2 pm if I haven't shown up yet. I'm a terrible adult. 

@swazzle I'm so jealous! I'm going to keep facetime-crashing my way into all of your little gtg's. 

• Options
    @audrewuh - sorry ;) I felt like typing like a 12-year-old today :) 

I'll revise.

GET YOUR ASS UP HERE FOR ALL THE HOCKEY! 

• Options

@audrewah The ending of The Casual Vacancy made the book for me I think. I think what I liked the most about the book itself though was that it was J.K. Rowling but I didn't think about Harry Potter or who the author was for the entire story. I think when I first found out we were reading it I was really against it just for the fact that she wrote Harry Potter and I thought I'd have a really hard time looking past it.

We're also having a snow day with actual snow. Atlanta is basically shut down and it's horrible. There's maybe an inch...two inches max in some places...of snow on the ground and nobody can get anywhere. It's taking people an hour to go a few miles in some places and FI told me not to expect him home anytime soon. I'd rather he just go home and stay at my parent's house since they're only a couple miles from his office and it's a direct path from his office to their house but he says he's coming home. Stupid stubborn men.

I'm working from home today which is normal for me. I'm also working from home tomorrow...not normal but it seemed like a good idea thanks to the weather we're having.

Tonight I'm making tuna casserole for dinner and then tomorrow morning I'm getting up and throwing chili ingredients into the crockpot for dinner.

• Options
    @keptinstitches how cool! Music is so special, and means a ton more when you're the one making it. 

@shiroyasha, glad there's a game plan! Are you usually an assertive person? 

@brisox81 I'M COMING!!!

@lmhollister I'll have to let you know what I think once I'm finished with the book. It really never once bothered me that it wasn't going to be like Harry Potter, I'm just an incredibly picky book snob. I'm so so awful about picking up new books! It takes several days, sometimes months, for me to start something new. I just have this terrible anxiety that the book is going to be total shit since there are so many completely shitty books out there on the market. 

nom nom nom on chili! I have some in the freezer from last snow day on Friday. Your traffic sounds like post-hurricane traffic! I'm shocked that you had so much snow and everything is still open and running. Houston wanted to avoid that catastrophe. 

• Options

@audrewah I guess I didn't mean it to be like...I was hesitant to read it because it wasn't going to be like Harry Potter. I meant it more like...can I read a book by this author that is completely non-HP related and not somehow think about HP while reading it. I dunno how to best put it. But anyway, I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the book...even with the multitude of different stories.

An update at least...FI is walking to my parent's house to stay the night. So there's some relief. Apparently his boss tried to leave the office 45 minutes ago and was still waiting to turn on to the main road from their building. At least he's got two coats, gloves, a hat, and a scarf to keep him warm and the walk is only about 2 miles. Otherwise he'd probably spend 5 hours trying to drive the 12 miles to our house. There are accidents everywhere and a bunch of roads are shut down so they can clear the multiple wrecks out of the way. So now I've got the house to myself. I guess this means it's girly movie night with me and a bottle of wine.

• Options
    @BriSox81 I'm honestly in shock over how bad the traffic is in Atlanta right now. I can't believe people get so stupid over such a small amount of snow. I guess it only takes a few idiots driving like the roads are dry and normal to fuck things up for everyone else. One of my coworkers spent over four hours driving from our office to her house today. She left early...around 1 and didn't get home til after 5 pm. She nearly got hit twice on her way home. It's normally a 20 minute drive for her.

• Options
    That makes sense, @lmhollister, about the book. I do catch myself thinking, oh that description sounds familiar to Little Whinging, or I could see so and so being friends with Seamus Finnegan. 

I'm so glad your FI is being smart! Traffic like that is nothing to mess with. How is he with your parents? I know my H would do anything to keep from spending the evening alone with my mom. Lol.

• Options
    @audrewuh - Let me know what you think of The Casual Vacancy! I have it downloaded on my Kindle but I've read so many books lately that were crap and I don't want to start another one that will disappoint me.

I'm having lunch/dinner right now. I just got back from the gym and I'm starving because I didn't each lunch before I went. I'm having a vegetarian burrito so it's mostly just rice and beans. I'm trying to cut back on the amount of meat that I eat.

This week is going by so slowly! I feel like today should be Friday but it's only Tuesday. I'm super excited for this weekend! BF is coming up to my place which means I don't have to make that horrible drive and we are going to watch the Super Bowl at a good friend's house. It should be a good time :)

• Options
    CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014

Howdy everyone!

I had leftover tortellini for lunch today. Yum. I was going to do a pot roast in the slow cooker today, but I ran out the door this morning so set on getting to lecture that I didn't even put it together. *Facepalm* So my brother and I are getting stuffed crust pizza. (Don't judge me...I know I eat a lot of pizza.) I will make the roast probably Thursday since tomorrow I will be getting up at 0430 for clinical and am not cooking ANYTHING at that hour.

This weekend I only work on Sunday, so I will probably spend Saturday studying. I need to see if my best friend is done painting her house yet - she and her FI have been working on it non-stop since they closed a few weeks ago, and I'm sure it's gotta look fabulous by now! Plus, I miss her and am kinda hoping she'll be available to hang out one evening; we need to do something fun before I get sucked back into school entirely.

• Options

@audrewah He's pretty good. My mom and dad seem to view him as basically the son they never had. In fact, I think they have a great relationship with him and my sister's H too. My dad is just happy to have guys around since for the past 28 yearsish he's been surrounded by women. My mom has a great relationship with both guys too, from my perspective anyway. There are times when FI would rather spend the evening alone (just me and him) rather than spend time with them when there's the option...but I think it's more that he just wants a break from family time more than he doesn't want to be around them/is uncomfortable with them.

Why would your H avoid spending time alone with your mom? Just curious. Is she overbearing or...?

• Options
    When people in my office are freaking out about snow:

But seriously. I actually scheduled a vacation day today. Was supposed to have a job interview but it was canceled. Sir Dogglesworth and I are staying at BF's place in the suburbs tonight - large parts of the highways are "impassable" and there's no way I'm getting back to my apartment in town. Really hoping my office is closed tomorrow.

@audrewuh jealous! I've only been to nola for work and haven't gotten to do anything fun there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @bethsmiles why are you cutting back on the amount of meat? I'm not sure if I could do that, but I am trying to cut back on the amount of processed food I eat. That's not helping my argument to get Chinese food for dinner...

Yay seeing BF!! Is everyone cheering for the Broncos? Or is your group of friends kinda meh about football? I think our friend group will end up cheering for the Broncos since one guy is a fan and no one else really has a rooting interest, except it's football. 

• Options
    @audrewuh I'm not an assertive person at all.  I like to please people and if it means letting someone walk all over me, so be it.  I'm working on being more assertive, but I'm finding it hard to be assertive and not step on anybody's toes.  
  • Options
    @clogreeneyes I LOVE pizza!! It's the best thing and one of the few things H and I actually agree on, so it's always an option for meal times. What are you and your BFF hoping to do this weekend? Congrats to her on the new house!

@lmhollister my mom is crazy. she's incredibly nosey, really loud, and demanding. Whenever we go over, she always has a list of things she needs us to do. We rarely ever just sit and hang out. She's a lot to handle. 

@lalalaurita stay safe!! I'm still debating leaving the house for Chinese... Seriously can't stop thinking about it. I hope schools close tomorrow so I don't have to work since I'm getting absolutely NOWHERE on this damn paper. 

@shiroyasha you can't be assertive and not step on toes, but you can do it in a way that the one who gets stepped on understands why. It's hard to face the fact that you can't please anyone. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards