Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

n/a

Re: n/a

• Options
    You do not do this...AT ALL. It is very rude to have a tiered reception.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options

The reason you are struggling is because what you are planning on doing it so tacky and rude to your guests. A reception is supposed to be a thank you to yoru guests. So you wont be thanking most of your guests. Also, this will make most of your guests feel like shit when they realize they arent invited.

You need to rethink you plans.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thank you to those who responded in a helpful manner. I will plan a small reception as well for bugeting reasons. I wasn't expecting such rude comments. There is a difference between giving advice and being just plain old rude.

• Options

This is still in the works and has not been set in stone. I came here for advice which made me rethink my original plan.

• Options
    anieves20 said:

So after so many changes, we decided to do a normal large ceremony and invite anyone and everyone. But, we are having a very intimate dinner (which only a selected few are invited to). I'm struggling with a formal way to thank and actually greet those that came to the church but aren't invited to the dinner. The only ones that will know about it are the ones invited. Maybe I am over analyzing it but as a typical bride this is normal right?! 

You're not over-analyzing anything. You're unfortunately just being rude.

The reason you can't figure out the right way to word "Please come see us get married and then leave" is because it's not polite. Anyone invited to the ceremony must be hosted at the dinner that follows.

Andplusalso I GUARANTEE people will find out about this "intimate dinner" even if they aren't one of the special chosen ones. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    jalyndani said:
    I haven't been around TK boards very long, but I swear some of these posts are made by 14 year old trolls. Who are these people?

@jalyndani who are you refering to? Put on your big girl panties and call out the individual poster.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    anieves20 said:

This is still in the works and has not been set in stone. I came here for advice which made me rethink my original plan.

I guess the first thing we need to know in order to help you is did you already invite all the people you know? If not, there's no harm done yet. If so, we can help you figure out how to host them properly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oops, sorry, I meant the OP. Some of the etiquette topics that I've seen posted lately just blow my mind. As in the questions that are being asked are related to situations that are so far off-base when it comes to etiquette that a grown woman couldn't possibly think they are good ideas. 

Not referring to anybody's answers in this thread. I'm in agreement with all PPs. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amyzen83Amyzen83 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary
    edited February 2014
    Woah glad this post was quoted because I'm going to chime in here, pardon my bluntness but I'm feeling snarky today. Most people would not be offended if you couldn't invite them to your wedding due to budget or you prefer the intimacy of a small wedding. People DO care if they are invited and have to travel, sit through the ceremony especially a long one and then don't forget to leave your gift on the way out, and then they later find out there was a reception for favorite guests but I didn't make the cut to be properly hosted? What the fuck was in it for me, I'd feel like I pretty much wasted my day! For some rude narcissistic couple?

*edit because I noticed a large chunk of my OP is missing! Grrr iphone!
  • Options
    Just came for the DD. See you ladies have it covered. Backing away now...
  • Options
    jalyndani said:
    Oops, sorry, I meant the OP. Some of the etiquette topics that I've seen posted lately just blow my mind. As in the questions that are being asked are related to situations that are so far off-base when it comes to etiquette that a grown woman couldn't possibly think they are good ideas. 

Not referring to anybody's answers in this thread. I'm in agreement with all PPs. 
    I apologize for my less than stellar reading comprehension skills. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OP you could have an afternoon (2pm- not during a meal) wedding and then host a cake and punch reception after. You must have a reception (receiving your guests) to thank everyone for coming to your wedding. 

You could have dinner with your parents/ siblings and wedding party if you wish at dinner time.  I'm sure other people on this board have had an morning or afternoon wedding and then had dinner with their immediate family at night, I don't believe there is anything wrong with that.  But you must have some sort of reception for after your ceremony.

• Options
    Do people really think that hitting "backspace" or "delete" sends that item into some black hole? Once you hit enter or send whatever you posted/uploaded/shared will always be there....it will find its way back to you. And, another one here just for the DD.

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• Options
    Came because of the "n/a" title.
  • Options
    Well, I have hope, here, because the OP says she is rethinking her plans.  There have been so many DDs this week!  So rude!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    What is "DD"?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards