Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday (booooo)....

2»

Re: Monday (booooo)....

• Options
    @blue, omg this weekend was ridiculous!!! And I think we are up in that area again next weekend.... Or it may be st Pete.... Shit I don't remember
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @lmhollister Isn't spice cake the best?

@KeptInStitches I'm laughing over here because in Boston, closet space is usually all the storage we have. We have two closets in our apartment, one in each bedroom, and it's really not enough. I'm not terribly good at organization, but we're maximizing our closet and cabinet space PRETTY well, and it's still not good enough. One thing I'm excited to do is buy new dressers and get rid of my desk; once we do that, we'll move J's current dresser into the office and use it as storage.

Not saying you should have been all YAY over the townhouse. It sounds like it wasn't going to meet your needs very well at all.

@Hummingbird125 That second dress is amaaaazing, I love it!!

I didn't watch the Oscars, but I was following along using the internet. I was disappointed in a couple of the awards, which is kind of funny because I haven't seen a single nominated film this year. I feel like Matthew McConaughey winning Best Actor is a sign of the apocalypse.

Apparently I have an exam on Wednesday! In this terrible class taught by teaching fellows who are all astoundingly incompetent. Ugh. My friend and I will study tomorrow.

J's wrist is a little better today, but the pain isn't improving very much. To my surprise, he told me he already put a note in his weekly work report that he would be seeing a doctor, and he's going to be making an appointment to see someone on Thursday morning. I'm really glad; I know how much he hates doctors, but this isn't something to play around with, and he needs an anti-inflammatory or pain reliever very badly.

There are SO many chores to get done tonight. I slept in, so gym is happening after work, which means I'm not getting home till 7 or 8 at the earliest. I have to do at least one load of laundry, put away last week's laundry, take out the trash, and put borax+flour out for the cockroaches. I hate that we have them. The only way we can really get rid of them for good--maybe--is to have the whole building fumigated. They're coming from the apartment we share a kitchen wall with, so there's nothing we can do besides kill the ones that come our way.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, @phira, first-world suburb/rural living problems. I've gotten far too used to having a basement to cheerfully get a place that doesn't have one.

ETA: If this had been an apartment to rent (its current use), we would have been all over it like white on rice. As a home to own? Not so much.
  • Options
    @Ollie08 - The double chocolate cookies are my FAVORITES. I've searched for like a year for them at the games and finally found out they have them at only 1 Mrs. Fields stand in the whole arena. I will now be having at least 1 at every game.

• Options
    @Swazzle - Seeing those cookies yesterday made me want one SO bad! I almost went to the store. But then I figured my ass is big enough, and I should probably skip. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yeah, @phira, first-world suburb/rural living problems. I've gotten far too used to having a basement to cheerfully get a place that doesn't have one.

ETA: If this had been an apartment to rent (its current use), we would have been all over it like white on rice. As a home to own? Not so much.
    Absolutely. While I'm all for taking a home that needs some improvements to be perfect, you don't want to buy a place that you have to change almost entirely. The fact that you're also dealing with a super awkward kitchen layout is a huge problem; even if it's possible to fix by throwing all your money at it, it's not worth it if you're also dealing with no non-closet storage and a living room that doesn't fit your smallest TV!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @irishdreamer aw lame! We're gonna be over on the east coast this weekend lol. Maybe I'll be easier to see after the wedding
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards