Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Plus Ones

Would you assume you could bring a guest if you received this RSVP card included as part of the formal invitation:

M __________________
___ Accepts
___ No. of guests
___ Declines

Even though we sent out our STD postcards with the guest's name + guest ... some people have been asking if it's okay for them to bring a plus one. Since our wedding invites don't have an inner envelope, I'm worried that they won't know they're allowed to bring someone. Am I over thinking this? I thought the "No. of guests" line above would let people know...

Re: Plus Ones

• Options
    I think anyone who puts 'No. of guests' on their RSVP card deserves for people to write it not only a date but as many other people as they want, quite frankly.

If you're intending to give everyone a plus-one, then this is one way to go about that. I think the confusion for people is that typically STDates are addressed to the invitee only, and the invitation itself conveys the information about being allowed to bring a guest.

Once you send out invites 'Mr. John Doe and Guest,' people will either be swift enough to figure it out, and they'll write in a guest's name, or they won't, in which case, your headcount will go down.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Whether or not I assume I can bring a guest depends on how the envelope is addressed.

If it says "Ms. Jen4948 and Guest," I'll make that assumption.  If it says only "Ms. Jen4948," then regardless of how the response card is worded, I will assume that only I am invited.

• Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Whether or not I assume I can bring a guest depends on how the envelope is addressed.

If it says "Ms. Jen4948 and Guest," I'll make that assumption.  If it says only "Ms. Jen4948," then regardless of how the response card is worded, I will assume that only I am invited.

This. It all depends on what the outer/ inner envelope say.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:
    Jen4948 said:

ditto
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    KatWAG said:
    Jen4948 said:

ditto
    yep

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards