Chit Chat
Options

NOT IMPRESSED *Slight Update*

pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited April 2014 in Chit Chat
A few weeks ago I posted about my cousin's wedding and the etiquette-less invitation she sent (addressed to Mr. Daddy Pinkcow and family. Which meant my 3 other cousins from my mom's side, FI, and myself). I didn't really want to go, but I did want to spend time with family, so FI and I decided to attend.

The invitation had a start time of 6pm. So FI and I are a few minutes away, before 6, when my dad calls. He's like "You're not gonna like this..." I'm thinking that there wasn't any food being served or that my cousin was having a cash bar. "The wedding is over," he says. To which I asked "You mean the ceremony is over?" And I'm thinking wonderful, a fucking tiered reception. "No, the whole wedding, it's over. It started at 1." WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK.

Apparently they booked the place for 6, and then realized they had invited too many people, and couldn't afford having an evening wedding. So they moved it up to 1 and didn't tell my freaking parents, and who knows what other guests. I am soooooo freaking livid and annoyed. Who the hell does that?!!?! My Dad tried to be understanding And offered some excuses to which I angrily replied "NO!!! There is NO excuse for rude behavior. It was their job as the bride and groom to establish a budget and stick to it! And if they had to change the time, fine!!! But it was their job to make sure each and every guest knew!!!"

So now I'm cranky, starving, sober, pmsing, and not a happy Pinkcow! What a shitshow. I'm on my cell so can't add any pissed off GIF's. We are heading to my parents apartment in Yonkers now and then going out to eat. I need ALL the tequila right now.

Edit: spelling

***Update***
Well, there is not much of an update, but so far this is what I have.  I was talking with my close cousin (Let's call her D). D's mom and sisters went to the wedding. D said that supposedly my parents did not RSVP. She did not know what kind of RSVP they wanted (like if they included a return envelope, which I doubt, or if they just required a phone call or text). I told her that if that were the case, they should have contacted those that did not RSVP (which led to another discussion because D thinks that is too much work, and apparently she would not do that. Not even getting into THAT conversation). I thought it was weird though, because my mom told me that she spoke with my Aunt about the wedding. I spoke with my mom later that day, and she told me she DID RSVP. I obviously believe my mom, because wtf would she lie about that? And I wouldn't put it past the bride to try to shift the blame to her guests. She also told me that she spoke with my Aunt A (Not the MOB), and Aunt A was not told to call my parents, like the Bride told them. In fact, Aunt A indicated that not even the MOB knew about the time change until like the night before. I might have mentioned in the comments that the Bride supposedly posted the time change on Facebook. Because, you know, our lives revolve around her and her status updates.

I also heard that in the end, not many people ended up attending, probably because this chick did not let her guests know about the time change.So she was sad about that, or so I heard.I doubt that my parents will say much more. This is my dad's side of the family, and he does not like to stir up any drama. I did not even tell them about the RSVP part because I don't want to be the one to stir up anything. I also know my family, and those particular members, and I feel that they would not even care. They are not the classiest individuals, and as Cousin D said, they would now know who Emily Post was if she hit them with a car (or she said something funny along those lines. I might have messed up her joke, ha). I never ended up writing anything on her pics, because in the end, it's whatever. She did do me a favor though, because now her family is off my wedding list :)

Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: NOT IMPRESSED *Slight Update*

• Options
    Wow... Just wow
  • Options
    That's really bad.  So they basically uninvited you and your parents and unknown other quantity of guests by changing the time then not telling anyone?  Gross.
  • Options
    Wait, what?   Ugh?  People actually do this?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

ARE YOU EVEN KIDDING.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    My reaction exactly. It never even crossed my mind that something like that could happen. SMH.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    What. The. Fuck. Woooowwww

• Options
    What the ever loving fuck.

That's just nuts. How the hell do you fuck it up that much?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You say you're not impressed. I, on the other hand, am extremely impressed. How the hell does someone think this is ok? I'm also impressed that the vendors were still able to work with them.

Sorry you got stuck in a crappy situation though. You win by far!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wish I were kidding. Now we are driving trying to find a place to eat and it is pouring. Well, at least I get to keep my money, I had written them a nice check.

Thanks @keptInStitches- def need all the tequila. Unfortunately with some of my family, it is unreal sometimes.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    No. Words.  And yet I fear you just gave some other bride renewed hope in how to fix her mess.....because if no one tells the bride how they felt, it must mean they were OK with it, right???

• Options
    Holy shit.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    That is just awful behavior- hopefully someone will tell those two how ridiculous it was to treat people like this? @jdluvr06 I'm with great-grandma on this one!
  • Options
    Holy. Effing. Shitballs.

I absolutely hope whichever parent is related to the parents of this bridezilla takes that sibling to task over the horrible behaviour of their child.

Also, if you have not yet sent out STDates, I'd conveniently 'misplace' their invites.

You win. This is by far the rudest thing I have ever read on TK.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options

Even FI thought this was rude. FI WHO WAS LIKE, HOW CAN WE LET PEOPLE KNOW WE WANT MONEY. Even he thought this was rude.

Have all the margaritas.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Who had the pleasure of letting people know that the wedding ALREADY FUCKING HAPPENED?!

Oh. my. goodness.

My brain hurts trying to understand this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys. At the end of dinner we were STILL bringing it up. So my parents said that the bride told them that my aunt ( my dad's aunt so is that my aunt twice removed?) was supposed to let them know. So apparently this chick was delegating this task to other family members. Awesome! This aunt is like 80, seriously?!

Their STD's and invitations have already been "lost." I also saw that she has started posting her wedding pics on FB and thanking everyone who came out. I was tempted to write something snarky. At the end of dinner I had a Mexican coffee. The tequila will stay flowing tonight :).
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    jdluvr06 said:

I can't get over this. I wish I could give you some of my vanilla bean cheesecake with strawberries and caramel sauce. You deserve some. ETA: I just told my great grandmother about this and she said and I quote "somebody needs to take a switch to those two."

Your great grandmother is AWESOME.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options

Wow. I really don't know what to say. But if I were in your shoes I would 100% write something snarky and bitchy on this persons FB page. I wouldn't care about backlash because what the actual fuck?

I probably will end up writing something snarky. I'm still so annoyed at everything. I know that my family does not always follow etiquette (okay, maybe never), but this is just beyond anything rude.

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards