Snarky Brides

Yet another Facebook fail

Just came across this lovely post on my feed.  This girl is really sweet in person and I'm sure she doesn't realize there's anything wrong with this... but really?  She has 1200 friends on Facebook and does event promotions for a local bar.  She really wants all those people to see her shower invite?  And how lazy can you possibly be not to just message or text everyone for their address?
------------------------

OKAY FRIENDS:

Most of you know I am having a baby...

My sister is getting on me (love you, [Name]) to get a guest list together for a baby shower. I am HORRIBLE at getting in contact with everyone... SOOOOO if you are interested in celebrating the creature that will be thrust from my Choch in September, please message me your address! I have tagged a bunch of you- but those that aren't tagged- please feel free to come party it up with us (YES- OF COURSE THERE WILL BE WINE... this is MY baby we are talking about  ) and send me a message so I can get my party list together 

Facebook sucks and only allowed me to tag a few of you- so just send me a message- I want to see ALL MY GIRLS! 

Love you all!

PS- Bitches Only. Sorry Boys.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Yet another Facebook fail

• JCBride2014 haha, thanks. Saw the episode and was "This is perfect for a wedding site!" :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow. Klassy.

"...the creature that will be thrust from my Choch"
    Particularly so given that I'm pretty sure she meant "cooch" and in any case it wouldn't be a proper noun.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• "Choch" could also be a shortened version of "cho-cha". See lyrics for Missy Elliot's song "Work It". 

Oh my heavens, she posted that on Facebook in reference to her unborn child's entrance to the world. I just...I....no words. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just came across this lovely post on my feed.  This girl is really sweet in person and I'm sure she doesn't realize there's anything wrong with this... but really?  She has 1200 friends on Facebook and does event promotions for a local bar.  She really wants all those people to see her shower invite?  And how lazy can you possibly be not to just message or text everyone for their address?
    ------------------------

OKAY FRIENDS:

Most of you know I am having a baby...

My sister is getting on me (love you, [Name]) to get a guest list together for a baby shower. I am HORRIBLE at getting in contact with everyone... SOOOOO if you are interested in celebrating the creature that will be thrust from my Choch in September, please message me your address! I have tagged a bunch of you- but those that aren't tagged- please feel free to come party it up with us (YES- OF COURSE THERE WILL BE WINE... this is MY baby we are talking about  ) and send me a message so I can get my party list together 

Facebook sucks and only allowed me to tag a few of you- so just send me a message- I want to see ALL MY GIRLS! 

Love you all!

PS- Bitches Only. Sorry Boys.
    So her baby already drinks?  There is just so much wrong with this.  

I'm assuming she has so many fb friends because of the event promotions.  If she uses her page to advertise her events her employers may have some issues with her posting that kind of stuff.  I would seriously think twice about attending one of her events after reading that.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's interesting that I've been seeing all of these posts about the "Go Fund Me" FB posts and people doing open invites.  I figured *I* would never see such things come up on my FB feed.

Wrong.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

I just saw one for someone's baby's 1st b-day party.  She tagged a bunch of people that were invited.  FACEBOOK HAS ANOTHER WAY OF DOING THIS.

Aaand of course I saw a post for someone's dog who needs his ACL repaired.  I don't want to deal with co-funding the your dog's surgery, co-worker from several years ago.

I am hoping that the girl that did this was really just trying to be funny, and perhaps ended up trying too hard?  I think it's really poor taste, on top of the weirdness of open FB invites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yea, she may be sweet, but whoa. Super klassy.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• MollyandDMollyandD member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    I hope she gets lots of pain meds before that creature comes thrusting itself out of her cooch, Choch. I've never had a creature come out of mine, but from this description, it sounds terrifying.
  • If I'd didn't generally trust your judgement, JCBride, I'd question your asseveration am that this girl is sweet IRL.

Not getting that sense from what you posted here. Oy.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • For some reason I find it almost as offensive that she can't spell the euphemistically described destination that this baby will emerge from. 

"Mining it's way out of my minge" does at least have an alliterative ring to it. 
  • Good God. I would barf followed by immediate defriending.

• Good God. I would barf followed by immediate defriending.

• Just a quick comment on the use of "choch"- it might not be a misspelling. That's actually the phrase that almost everyone I know uses. It rhymes with "watch" :-)
  • If I'd didn't generally trust your judgement, JCBride, I'd question your asseveration am that this girl is sweet IRL. Not getting that sense from what you posted here. Oy.
    Haha, glad you trust my judgment (although I agree, she doesn't seem to sweet here).  Well, I haven't seen her in person for a few years, so maybe things have changed.

My understanding of the situation, from Facebook and through our moms who are friends, is that the baby was an "oops."  They just got married and announced the pregnancy literally the same day.  I think she is maybe a little embarrassed or feels like she has to act super excited about the baby, hence the OTT sarcasm/ trying to be funny in her posts.

It doesn't excuse her at all.  I think the post is turrrrrible.  But that's the backstory, anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Hawkward. 
  • Just a quick comment on the use of "choch"- it might not be a misspelling. That's actually the phrase that almost everyone I know uses. It rhymes with "watch" :-)
    I know people who spell it "choch" but pronounce it to rhyme with poach. Ah the wonders of localized language/slang.

I know people who spell it "choch" but pronounce it to rhyme with poach.

Ah the wonders of localized language/slang.
    Yeah, it's actually a fairly common slang term in my area, too. Ryhmes with poach.

She doesn't sound sweet, but I'll take your word for it lol.
    I feel bad for her sister who has to host these people. o.0
  • So you're going, right?
  • I nominate this to be recognized as Officially The Worst Shower Invitation Ever. If it had been hand written in copperpoint script on handmade 100 lb weight linen woven paper, it would still win. Holy hell.
  • I would never say something like that on facebook, but I laughed a little. But holy hell, that is a hot mess!

Also, I don't understand female-only baby showers. Pretty sure there had to have been a male at some point for you to have gotten pregnant. Why limit the festivities to only women?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I would never say something like that on facebook, but I laughed a little. But holy hell, that is a hot mess!

Also, I don't understand female-only baby showers. Pretty sure there had to have been a male at some point for you to have gotten pregnant. Why limit the festivities to only women?
    Well, it would be awkward for men to be there when the pregnant lady opens a basket w/ nipple cream and a breast pump.
  • Some coworkers and I threw a mini office shower a few years ago when our boss and his wife were having their first baby. His wife didn't come to it; most of the team had never even met her. But you betcha we put the nipple cream from her registry in that basket he opened. Hehehe.

• It's interesting that I've been seeing all of these posts about the "Go Fund Me" FB posts and people doing open invites.  I figured *I* would never see such things come up on my FB feed.

Wrong.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

I just saw one for someone's baby's 1st b-day party.  She tagged a bunch of people that were invited.  FACEBOOK HAS ANOTHER WAY OF DOING THIS.

Aaand of course I saw a post for someone's dog who needs his ACL repaired.  I don't want to deal with co-funding the your dog's surgery, co-worker from several years ago.

I am hoping that the girl that did this was really just trying to be funny, and perhaps ended up trying too hard?  I think it's really poor taste, on top of the weirdness of open FB invites.
    The GoFundMes drive me crazy. My current favorite is the young lady who wants to give everybody pictures of herself as "perks" to talk people into giving her money to buy a $$$$ camera--so she can, you guessed it, take more pictures of herself.
  • I hope she gets lots of pain meds before that creature comes thrusting itself out of her cooch, Choch. I've never had a creature come out of mine, but from this description, it sounds terrifying.
    Not going to be a problem... she and the baby will be drinking wine remember? LOL... sorry, I am sure she meant to be funny but wow...that's all I can say...wow.... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bitches only.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards