Not Engaged Yet
Options

Good Friday

Happy Friday Everybody!!!!

Anybody have any good weekend plans?

Anniversary

Re: Good Friday

• Options
    My coffee is defective, will have to try another one to see if it too is defective (I'm super tired this morning).  I had to be to work at 6AM so I woke up at 3AM worried my alarm wouldn't wake me up.

Tonight - I think I'm just going to chill with FI.  Catch up on TV, maybe play minecraft.  I'm hoping he lets me take a 20 minute nap when I get home (he has today off for Good Friday - the big jerk <I mean that in a loving jealous way>).  I probably should take Loki to the self-groom, he's pretty stinky/dirty (like I can hardly stand to be near him and of course he insists on being close to me).

Tomorrow - FI is getting LASIK - I'm SO excited for him!!!
    So he gets to sleep all day - so I'll try to clean a little bit and maybe catch up on TV.

Sunday - Easter - FI has to go in for his next-day-check up on his LASIK, then I'm hoping to take my dogs to see my parents.  After that, drop dogs off at my house and go to FI's parents.  Get home -crash.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Happy Friday!!
    I've been in training all week for work and have missed TK :( Tonight we are going to a movie with another couple we are friends with for one of their birthdays. We're seeing Transcendence.

Saturday morning I'm going back to my hometown to visit my family for Easter and to give my nephew his Easter basket. The evening we are going to FI's parents' for his dad's birthday dinner.

On Sunday we are going to church, then having Easter dinner at FIL's. Its gonna be a busy weekend :\
    Anniversary

• Options
    @Dignity100- Yay for your FI getting LASIK. I've known a lot of people who have had that done and it has been wonderful for them.

Today after work H and I are going to Easter Service at church so we won't have to deal with craziness on Sunday. Afterwards we may go meet up with his mom and stepdad for Dessert.

Saturday is going to be a busy day for us. H has to go meet up with a friend to do some training for a potential job and while he is doing that I may go for a run in the park since it's supposed to be nice. Then I was going to work on my Mother's Day gift for my mom. It's early but it takes a while to make and order. Then we are going to go look at a potential home!!! I'm so excited since it's the first one we get to go inside and check out. Then we are going over to @LaPeanut1018 house for dinner!

Sunday is Easter and also my little sister's 22nd bday. I made  an Easter basket for H so I'll let him open that open in the morning and then we will probably lounge until we head over to my parent's house for Easter dinner and to celebrate my sister's bday.
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Happy Friday :) 

I have a few Easter related plans, tomorrow i'll be dying eggs then going to dinner with my bf's family, Sunday I have brunch with my mom, bf and daughter. I plan on drinking quite a bit of wine throughout the weekend :)

• Options
    @Dignity100 - how is your coffee defective?

@LaPeanut1018 - sounds like a BUSY weekend!!  what is this potential house look like?

this weekend for me will also be super crazy busy. 

tonight:  I get off work at 2:30.  I'm going to run home and do my Insanity work out with H.  he is off today for Good Friday, so I have him doing our grocery shopping (hooray!) and a few other things around the house.  I think he's going to work out with me when I get home.  anyway, after that I am going to start the dough for Hot Cross Buns, then get ready to go to dinner with our Spanish-speaking group.  thankfully, it's an earlier dinner (6:30 PM) so I'll be home in time to do some cooking.  my friend had a baby yesterday, so I'm taking over some food on Saturday.  I think Friday night I'm going to go ahead and make the lasagnas and freeze them and finish the Hot Cross Buns. 

Saturday morning:  we're getting up early-ish to be at the Farmer's Market by 9:00.  I want to get some fresh strawberries and pick up a bunch of seedlings to plant in my garden next weekend.  I'm thinking all kinds of peppers (hot and mild) and tomatoes galore.  then at 10:30 we're meeting at the church to do some stuff for Easter.  I think H and I are going to have brunch after that (it'll actually be lunch time) at a new gourmet waffle place.  I really want to share the menu, but then it would give away where I'm going to be on an international board so...  :(  anyway, take my word for it.  it's AWESOME.  oh!!  and before we leave in the morning, I need to prep a roast to put in the crock pot.  it's Everyday Paleo's Smoky Roast.  it should only take 15 minutes or so, and it's DELISH.  AND I need to pick up a slice of red velvet cheesecake to take to my friend with the new baby.

Saturday afternoon:  I need to start a carrot cake for Easter, put the icing on the Hot Cross Buns, and make a batch of taco soup and cornbread to take to my friend.  we're going to eat a quick/early dinner of the crockpot roast, some potatoes, and green beans.  AND I need to prep the green beans for Easter (I'm going to make Pioneer Woman's Fresh Green Beans).

Saturday evening:  we're taking the 2 frozen lasagnas, red velvet cheesecake, taco soup/cornbread, and Hot Cross Buns to my friend and her family.  I'm hoping to hold the baby a little bit and help her do some cleaning.  the day that she went into the hospital (she was induced), she was on the floor scrubbing baseboards and mopping.  I got mad at her and told her to go take a nap and that I would do any cleaning or errands she needed on Saturday.  so I'm going over there in clothes I can clean in, to help her out. 

Saturday night:  hopefully we'll get home in time for me to watch Frozen.  I bought it at Target (the blueray version) for $13, and just want to see what the hype is all about.  oh, and I need to frost the carrot cake.

Sunday:  we have morning church, then dinner at my parents with my brother, grandma, and of course H.  I think the pups will come, too.  we're also celebrating one of my parents' dog's birthdays, so I have a couple toys to give him.  yes, we are THAT pet family!  :)  Sunday evening we are having a Communion service at church, and I'm hoping to get a nap before that.

WHEW.
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF- I'm guessing that question was supposed to be for me. The house is a single family home. It's a two story that has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, fenced in backyard that isn't huge but it was running space for puppies and a small little porch. It has wood floors and black appliances and a two car garage. It's a cute home. The only thing that I want to do immediately is paint it since the owners have this lime green room that is blinding.
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    How exciting, @southernpeach89!!  The house sounds lovely, I remember house hunting and having a really hard time looking beyond the current owner's decorating style, mostly because I do not have an eye for seeing potential. ha! 

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - yes, I saw LaPeanut in your post and just got to typing too fast, my bad!  :)

the house sounds so nice!  our home has carpeted floors and we're going to be replacing them with wood laminate in a few months.  I am jealous that this house already has it!  it sounds really, really nice...  I hope it works out for you!
  • Options
    Good morning ladies! I'm working today, is anyone else working? I'm very jelly of those that have the day off.

Q's mom is in town this weekend. Normally we'd be busy entertaining, but I think this trip was more for her to bond with the girls than us. We're going to service tonight for Good Friday, and she's making dinner for us. 

Saturday we are going to the town square for an Easter Egg Hunt and a visit with the Easter Bunny. And then probably the Farmer's Market with lots of Easter related crafts later in the day.

For Easter Sunday I actually have more family in town so we're all getting together at my grandmother's house. It should be really fun. (After services of course!)

Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to next weekend?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014

@southernpeach89 I want details on your Mother's Day gift! I have an idea but I haven't bought anything yet.

@CocoBellaF Gourmet waffles sound sooooo yummy!!!

Working from home today. I'm so glad it's Friday even though it's cloudy and potentially going to be rainy and also only in the 50s...ugh. It's like the spring that never was and I'm so over it. I'm meeting my mom and a good friend for lunch today. Otherwise I'm just going to work on cleaning the house so I don't have to do it all tomorrow.

Saturday if it isn't raining (@southernpeach89...I don't know where you got the idea that it's going to be nice) FI and I are going for a run. I signed him up to run a 5k with me and another friend so he needs to get in some sort of training since the race is in 2 weeks. The high tomorrow is only 60 so I'm honestly debating rescheduling the bbq at our house...mostly because it will be ugly outside and we won't be able to play games.

Sunday is Easter and my other sister's birthday so we'll probably spend most of the day at my parent's house. I'm making deviled eggs and bringing a strawberry pie if I don't get to make it for our get together on Saturday.

ETA: Today is 6 months until the day FI and I married!! YAY!!!!

• Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014

@southernpeach89 - happy house-hunting!  that house sounds like what we'll be looking for this time next year.

@Dignity100 - your coffee sounds like mine sometimes.  When that happens, I have to get to the Starbucks downstairs in our office building for a coffee "do-over".  I don't like really strong coffee, but sometimes it's just required.

BF just texted that he wants to grill steaks on the grill tonight.  He's getting off work early at 1 today, and I work from home on Fridays, so there was no way I was going to be working when he arrives home, so I requested off the afternoon.  So we'll go get some steaks and veggies to grill later.

Tomorrow is a blank slate.  BF is going to his brother's to help him clean up his truck for some huge car show they go to for several days next week.  He asked if I wanted to go, too, so see his brother's baby, but I don't feel like being with his SIL, she doesn't have much of a personality.  Plus we'll see them Sunday.  So who knows what's in store for me...I could do absolutely nothing and be fine with that.

Sunday we are going to my parents for lunch, and his brother's for dinner.  I have to make stuff for both places.  Fun, fun.       

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - The home sounds great! I hope you guys like it. Also, what are you making for your mom for Mother's Day? I don't think it's too early at all.

• Options
    I can't believe I forgot to mention this!  tomorrow is the 19th anniversary of the Murrah Building bombing in OKC.  168 people (possibly 169), including 19 children, died.  it remained the largest domestic terror attack until September 11.  I do remember the day the bombing happened... I was in school miles away, but the building still shook and we all knew something had happened.  H is not from here, but he has visited the memorial and museum with me a few times and we will both be remembering the victims, survivors, and friends and family tomorrow.  there will be a marathon (every year we have a memorial marathon) and I had hoped to at least do the 5k portion, but that won't happen this year because I've been so sick.  NEXT YEAR!  so, please do remember OKC tomorrow!

@Ollie08 - I am working.  H is off, but I have him running errands MUAHAHA!!  I am also looking forward to next weekend...  hopefully it'll be much quieter.
  • Options

Morning, ladies.  I'm working today (and H is in town...so I don't want to be working). 

Tonight we will likely eat out or make dinner at my temporary home.

Tomorrow H and I will do a workout together, go for walks in the new neighborhood and maybe see a movie.  Not sure what we are going to see yet (or even what is out).

Sunday H has to go back to Chicago with the dog. :(  Hoping we can do Easter brunch somewhere before he goes.

• Options
    I'm working today, LAME. I have a lot to do though, so I think I'm just going to lock myself in my office, turn on some music, and GET SHIT DONE.

Tomorrow I have a lacrosse game at 1 p.m., and then BF & I will head down to Connecticut for Easter. I'm not sure what the plan is tomorrow night, but we'll probably just hang out with the family.

Sunday we'll get up & go to church (UGH) and have Easter lunch with the fam, then head back up here in the evening sometime. 

Nothing too exciting! 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    OH, and I also need a coffee do-over this morning. What is wrong with coffee places today?? I went through the drive-thru and ordered an iced cookie dough coffee, black - and got it with cream & sugar. There was a long line behind me, and I didn't feel like making a scene, so I just took it, but HOLY HELL with the sweetness. If the caffeine doesn't help me out, the sugar sure will. OOF.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @ollie08 I'm working!!!

Tonight we drive up to Sarasota to stay with bfs parents, then tomorrow we drive to Tampa for Regionals in football. Afterwards we are going to hang out with one of bfs really good friends. Sunday is Easter dinner with his family then driving home.

Monday after work I'm going to my grand units for a belated Easter dinner and hopefully leftovers!!!!
  • Options
    @LaPeanut1018 - YAY for your 6-month mark!!  it'll be here faster than you can imagine (but slower than you can, too, ha!  funny how that works...) also, I need the strawberry pie recipe please!

@minskat30 - I am so glad to see you back around more often!  are things slowing down at all for you?

@Two Dimes - at the waffle place, they have 2 types of waffles:

CLASSIC (house buttermilk batter / vanilla n’ cinnamon / not too sweet

LIEGE (authentic belgian style / yeast dough / caramelized pearl sugar)

I am thinking about getting:

Choice 1:
    BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN (local n‘ free range / crispy leeks / tabasco honey)

Choice 2:  make my own
    Liege waffle with I have no idea what toppings, but these are my options.. help!

brown sugar-rum bananas
    peanut butter mousse
    maple bacon icing
    chocolate ganache
    red chile candied pecans
    fresh berries
    cinnamon-cream cheese syrup
    home-made marshmallow brûlée
    graham cracker crumble
    speculoos
    small batch lemon curd
    drunken cherries
    nutella
    bourbon-blackberry preserves
    orange caramel
    cinnamon-baked apples
    liquid cheesecake
    toasted almond crumble
    strawberry-anise compote
    sea salt-pecan brittle

• Options
    @CocoBellaF - lol at sending H on errands, I would do that if BF ever had a day off without me. Also, I cannot believe it's been 19 years since the OKC bombing! That's nuts. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

@TwoDimes - I'm working too. My old job used to let us work a half day on Good Friday, and I thought my current one would (I mean, my boss is my mom, and she's religious) but I'm still here. 

• Options
    OMG @CocoBellaF - I need some of those waffles in my life! I'd go with Choice 2 with nutella and graham cracker crumbles. nom

• Options
    @LaPeanut1018- I looked at the weather yesterday and it said sunny and 70s...I guess it changed today. I hope it stays sunny tomorrow! 6 months!!!

@TwoDimes- The house is available for Rent or Buy but we have decided to rent it for the first year since we are still trying to save some more money because our dream home costs a bit more than the one we are visiting today costs. We are hoping by the end of year to have saved enough so by the time our lease ends we will either have found another house in the process that we want to buy or we will buy that one if all goes well.

@Ollie08- My mom wanted a photo book of our wedding as a wedding gift but we got all the parents the same gift which was an engraved platter of a letter to our parents. So for mother's Day I'm going to make her a really nice leather bound book of our wedding. It will be more of a story book rather than a photo album so it tells through the whole day.

• Options
    @Ollie08 - thankfully H doesn't mind.  he is such a hard worker.  in fact, last night while I was teaching piano lessons, he did all the laundry (including putting it away, which is a MIRACLE!!) and mowed our yard and the neighbor's yard.  he is the sweetest.  I can't believe it's been so long, either.  they have a memorial every year at 8:55, and silence from 9:02 to 9:03.  I've never been able to go, but it is PACKED every year.  maybe next year!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - that sounds awesome. Where are you planning to have the book made? Or are you doing more of a scrapbook? 

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@southernpeach89 Awwwwwww!!! I love that idea!

• Options
    @ollie08- I haven't decided yet. I have found some really nice books that I could buy at a craft store or I can just make it through ShutterFly. I made my guest book through Shutterfly and it turned out great. I think they do leather bound books but I need to double check. 
  • Options
    @LivLeighton - I don't see why it's anyone's business if you go to the marathon or not, and why you choose to go or not.  so pooh on them.
  • Options
    @LivLeighton - People suck. And it's none of their business why you're not going. I dislike being in really big crowds. I get agitated. So I wouldn't go either, but not because I'm scared of something tragic happening. 

@southernpeach89 - That's awesome. I found this site the other night (I will find the bookmark) that does really nice leather-bound books. They had really thick pages too (like the thickness of a dime) which is cool. You'll have to AW your work either way! I love homemade gifts. Especially photo related ones :-)

• Options
    @livleighton - I love you. That is all. <3

• Options
    @CocoBellaF - Thanks!  Glad to be back.  :)  It has been a PITA to commute back and forth from Milwaukee to Chicago several days a week for the new job BUT the new job at least is great!
  • Options
    I have no idea what it is, but cheesecake is ALWAYS good!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards