Not Engaged Yet
Options

Good Friday

2»

Re: Good Friday

• Options
    @Ollie08- Yes! If you're able to find it then post it! I would love to take a look at it. Thanks!
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@CocoBellaF The pie I'm making is adapted from a mini strawberry pie receipe from Southern Living. It's called Mega Strawberry Pie (LINK!).

• Options
    Found it! @southernpeach89 - They're pretty expensive but the quality looks insane. LINK

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    We got our marriage license done this morning and soon I'm going to the florist to drop off vases and such.  Tomorrow is errand running and hoping it's nice enough to plant a tree, we meant to plant a new tree in our yard when we first moved it but never got around to it so I hope we can this weekend.  Sunday we'll be spending time with both sides of the family for Easter. Nothing too exciting but it will be nice enough. it's so nice having off of work today too!

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm working today too!  And tomorrow and Sunday!
    I just got my period so I'm all crampy and ready to punch everyone.  I just want a vacation or something.  I need time away from my work environment. 
    I hope everyone enjoys their holiday festivities this weekend :) 
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm working! I don't get religious holidays off, and I'm not Catholic, so here we are. Lots of work to get done and coordinate, and then I have to rush home to start my Zipcar reservation. We're driving out to eastern-central MA tonight for my family's seder. I'm really excited for it. One of my engaged cousins is going to be in town with his fiancee, and I haven't seen him since well before the engagement. And I haven't seen her in a few years! So I'm very happy that I get to congratulate them and swap ideas with them.

@LivLeighton Welp, that is some shitty medical news. I'm so sorry. I get infusions regularly, and depending on where you go, they're pretty easy. I like my infusion center a lot.

And beyond that, you're one of many people I know who isn't going to the Marathon this year. J isn't going, and my good friend E isn't going either. You cope however you cope, and you do what's best for you. I'm hoping to go; my uncle is running, and I live very close to the route. But I'm also exhausted and might just take the opportunity to sleep all day.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @Ollie08- Wow! That website looks great! Thank you!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - You're welcome!

@Sakalicious - that SUCKS! I want to send you wine and chocolate. And more wine. And maybe some more chocolate. 

• Options
    @Ollie08 that sounds amaaaaazing!  There is chocolate in the vending machine downstairs with my name on it.  I can hear it calling, "Saaaaaak!  Eat me!"
  • Options
    Morning! Insomnia struck again so I'm getting a late start to the day. Today is for cleaning my place - hard. In-depth cleaning. I might even wash the walls in the kitchen if I can motivate FI to help me. Also, sorting every drawer (how did they all become junk drawers?) and packing things I won't need for the next couple of months.

Tomorrow we're starting the same process at FI's apartment. We're also going to pick up olives, pickles, and buns for Easter dinner; since we're moving we're not being expected to bring anything that requires cooking.

Sunday we're spending with my parents for Easter. I hope we can get a few quiet minutes to discuss the budget for the wedding - they've already indicated they want to help pay for some things.
  • Options
    TwoDimes said:
    @GoldenPenguin, I have an uncle who proposed to my aunt on Easter.... Just sayin.
    DON'T DO THIS TO ME!! hahahaha

I hadn't mentioned this, but BF's best friend (whose dad is the jeweler) first yelled at me for asking him questions, and then told me that she had talked to her dad & she thinks the ring will be done in May. But, she could also totally be throwing me off. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Packing is going well. The living room is an utter disaster zone. The sign of a good move, right? Right?

Sparklepony soon, @GoldenPenguin!
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - I always say my coffee is defective when I'm SUPER SLEEPY and nothing in the world will help me feel less like a zombie (besides more sleep).

@Southernpeach89 - hope the house works out for you!  It sounds nice (jealous of the 2.5 baths, my house has 1).

@Pepperally - I just ended up switching to diet mt. dew yesterday.  Today (Saturday) isn't looking all that great though.  I cannot stand starbucks!  Hope the steaks turned out super yummy.

@TwoDimes - Good luck behaving yourself ;-)

@LivLeighton - Wow, hope you're feeling better and the steroid infusion does the trick.  If you don't want to go to the marathon, nobody should force you too! 

<rant> It's Saturday - I've been 'working' since 4AM (it's Saturday), found out I'm not prepared to do our 'on-call' rotation because my team's stuff is totally different from the others.  I went to bed around 10pm, FI kept waking me up because he's nervous.  Then I got the SMS from work saying 'stuff is broke' so I tried to call the person who is supposed to be helping me with oncall but he never answered, so I had to call the oncall team lead.  She's having issues getting everything back up (it's 7:25am right now) so I guess I don't feel as bad.  Will I ever get sleep?  Oh and now because I went over 48 hours for the week I have to explain WHY I went over and that my Team Lead dumped a whole bunch of stuff on me on Friday and gave the other guy the day off, so I planned to work 7-3 and ended up working 6-3:30 and it didn't give me enough wiggle room to cover the on call hours.  GRRRR!!!!  </rant>

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards