Registry and Gift Forum
Options

When Is the Appropriate Time to Send a Thank You?

I've always heard that you're supposed to send thank you cards out within two weeks of a shower and within a month of a wedding, but what about wedding gifts that you receive before the wedding?  We're 4 weeks out from our wedding and are already beginning to have gifts shipped to us.  Should I send the thank yous out right away, or should I wait to send a thank you until after the wedding so that I can simultaneously thank them for coming to the wedding AND for the gift?  Will I be considered rude for not sending out a thank you prior to the wedding?  Will I need to send a separate thank you for the gift AND for their attendance at the wedding?  Personally, I'd feel weird receiving two separate thank yous for the same function.  I'm not sure how fussy people are, but I definitely don't want to offend anyone.

Re: When Is the Appropriate Time to Send a Thank You?

• Options
    I sent the notes immediately for stuff we receiced before the wedding, If I knew they were attending the wedding, I also said, "Looking forward to seeing you at the wedding!"
  • Options
    Send thank you notes for wedding presents received before the wedding immediately. You do not need to send than you notes for coming to the reception. The reception is your thank you to jests who attend the ceremony.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards