Engagement Ring Freakout

Re: Engagement Ring Freakout

• Options

That's all I have to say.
    @GoldenPenguin FTW!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

You are my favorite human being on the entire planet of Earth.

• Options

This is the greatest post ever!

• Options
  • Options

Can't love it enough.
  • Options

I want to love this 5,000 more times.
  • Options

Quoting this because: 1. You're my favorite and this is full of win. 2. I'm just adding it to this post so there is more of it. OP- Seriously, you sound like a spoiled BRAT. You clearly have no idea what marriage is really about and if all you care about it looking pretty.. good luck keeping this guy around. You need to grow up!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options

@goldenpenguin you've made my shitty day so, so much better. I <3 you hard for that.

I want to frame that picture.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

SITB:
    The fact that this is the first post at the top is AH-mazing and so is your ring!

I was SO effing close!  I have the cushion, matching halo and a thin-ish band but I fell short on the band sitting flush womp womp womp

OP great job offending EVERYONE!  I'm wondering if you'll come back and share how epically you fuck up your next engagement.  Good luck with that! 

• Options
    Well I have a cushion halo with a 2.5 mm shank, so it isn't the thinnest, but my band will still sit flush. The flush part has to do with the basket design, mostly. I had the same concern, I didn't want a gap, and I was told many baskets can be altered to be scooped on one or both sides to get the flush look.

Perhaps you can get a cushion with a different color halo? Or the diamonds in the halo can be bigger then last time? Knife edge or twisted shank?

How long will your engagement be anyway? Maybe go witha simple ering and save the cash for a kick-ass wedding band and stop wearing the ering... You could even just get the band now and start wearing it!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I think you were probably meant for your other fiance, obviously he picked out your dream ring and that's all that seems to matter. 

Also, if you go back to him, I bet you could get your old ring back!
  • Options
    Really hoping OP responds...

I don't think you could've picked a more appropriate GIF if you tried.
  • Options
    TwoDimes said:
    Did anyone else notice that OP calls herself a Princess right there in her screen name? FI sarcastically calls me "Princess" when I say something that sounds spoiled or entitled. 

In that case, I imagine that nickname fits OP pretty damn perfectly.

I did notice that! haha. The gif I posted earlier features a princess. I think her future FI calls her other names when she isn't around. 
  • Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    TwoDimes said:
    Did anyone else notice that OP calls herself a Princess right there in her screen name? FI sarcastically calls me "Princess" when I say something that sounds spoiled or entitled. 

In that case, I imagine the nickname fits OP pretty damn perfectly.

I think the best part of this gif is Tiana's face in the background. So unimpressed. lol

• Options
    OP, I was going to try and help you by suggesting a few other styles too, but apparently the classic round with a pave band my BF ordered for me won't look natural on my hand when he decides to propose. And it's probably too small and cheap because it's only a 1 CT diamond. Ouch, and I feel really sorry for your BF.  

@GoldenPenguin you just made my day! 

• Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    WAIT!!! 

@PrincessSerenity38 You didn't mention ovals, OP! What about an oval, with a halo, and a thin pave band. Or just a pave band, no center stone.

Also, I love my marquise ring. It's on a thin pave band, and does not look modern, which was not my taste, but actually looks kind of antiquey- dainty. It looks very nice on my hand. I'm sorry that your hand is so oddly shaped that only one type of ring does not make it look deformed. (I stooped... oops. Sorrynotsorry but yeah, kind of sorry. but maybe not? can't decide)

I think you need to stop looking at rings. Really. Just stop. You're looking too intensely and its clearly driving you bonkers. You need a palette cleanser (i.e. time). Also maybe a therapy session to work out why a fancy material object is causing you to bawl. 

And if you love the old style of the ring so much, just tell your bf! Tell him the other guy meant nothing because he was a cheating bastard who took time away from your life and you don't want him to have stolen your chance at your favorite style of ring too. See how your bf reacts. Go from there. And, yeah, think about if you like that style of ring even if your bf can't afford 2.25 carats. 

Also, you wrote a really stupid post that offended... just about everyone. I would apologize. Ladies here can be quite forgiving if you give them the chance. 
  • Options
    Pears also weren't mentioned, but I'm assuming they're too "sharp" of a line. 

You could also do a full or partial bezel setting. It protects the ring and can look like an antique. My actual antique sapphire ring from the 20's is a full bezel, and the design on the ring is beautiful. I get compliments on it all the time and love how the bezel protects the sapphire. Here are a few pics I just took... quality isn't amazing, but you get the idea:

• Options
    Also, I thought of this in the shower... what about a halo with baguettes? I've seen some beautiful baguette halo rings on various websites. They're really unique. Here's an idea of one... just sub out your cushion that you absolutely have to have:

/actual advice

I really think you need to re-examine WHY you're having such a visceral reaction to ring shopping. To get so upset over looking for a material object is ridiculous...

• Options
    Also, I thought of this in the shower... what about a halo with baguettes? I've seen some beautiful baguette halo rings on various websites. They're really unique. Here's an idea of one... just sub out your cushion that you absolutely have to have:

/actual advice

I really think you need to re-examine WHY you're having such a visceral reaction to ring shopping. To get so upset over looking for a material object is ridiculous...
    @weewittlewizabeth - DAYYYUMMMM girl. That is a pretty ring. It's not often I'm surprised by a ring, but BOOM, that one is gorgeous.

Unfortunately, OP said: 'Rounds don't look natural on hands, and they're absolutely boring to me. Put a halo on them and they're ugly bullseyes.' So she probably wouldn't appreciate this, even though it's amazeballs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Hey, OP, you do realize diamonds have been 'bridal' for less than a century, right? My sapphire's been bridal way longer than that.

Gotta agree, though, with whoever said that if looking at a ring is going to make you cry, you should skip the damn jewelry and get married without it. Or buy the ring you want yourself.
  • Options
    Wow so my aquamarine is definitely out for being bridal, even though I chose it myself...

OP, how old are you really? Because you act 5. Marriage is about way more than the ring on your finger. I started out engaged with no ring for months because that's how he proposed and how it happened. You really need to get your priorities straight and stop pissing off every awesome lady here.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @cu97tiger Right?! It's seriously beautiful, and I love the different take on a halo. OP could go the custom route and do the cushion shape, but I think the round is honestly much prettier. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards