Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Garter Toss at Intimate Wedding

2»

Re: Garter Toss at Intimate Wedding

• Options
    haha wow people are uptight on this board. Like pp said, it can be done in a tasteful manner, no need to get rated-R. 
    I don't think not liking garter tosses makes me uptight, I just think the concept is utterly obnoxious and juvenile.
    Ditto.  An opinion was asked, and we gave ours.  Many of us dislike garter tosses and find them to be stupid and/or trashy depending on how they are done.  I'm one of those people, and I'm not uptight in the least.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    haha wow people are uptight on this board. Like pp said, it can be done in a tasteful manner, no need to get rated-R. 
    I don't think not liking garter tosses makes me uptight, I just think the concept is utterly obnoxious and juvenile.
    Ditto.  An opinion was asked, and we gave ours.  Many of us dislike garter tosses and find them to be stupid and/or trashy depending on how they are done.  I'm one of those people, and I'm not uptight in the least.
    I agree.  It makes me very, very uncomfortable to watch garter tosses as a guest, and it would make me even more uncomfortable to participate in in any capacity.  I don't think that makes me "uptight."
  • Options
    I hate garter and bouquet tosses. With only 18 guests - I think it would be extremely awkward. I always think these are awkward at large weddings so at such a small one it would really uncomfortable. Let him take your garter off that night in the bridal suite. I wore a garter, had pictures taken putting it on, but we did not to either toss. I find them yucky and really don't understand the tradtional. 
  • Options
    If we did this and FI threw it out of the balloon, we could hurt someone. So, for the safety of the people of Vermont, we're going to pass.

Plus, I think it's weird and uncomfortable.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards