Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Need Honey Moon Ideas!

I am from Minnesota and am getting married in October :]! I am starting the Nursing program in August so thought that we had to postpone the honeymoon due to our schedules. He wants to go to Europe, I would like to go to a Sandles resort but not sure if any are in our budget.
Would like to know if anyone can recommend places they found that are inexpensive (even if they are not the ones listed above.). Also if we do have to postpone is there a good weekend get away were we can spend two days?
Also, has anyone used groupon for trips and have any advice if going that rout?

Thanks!

Re: Need Honey Moon Ideas!

• Options
    What is your budget?  When would you like to go and for how many days?  What do you guys like to do?
  • Options

H & I went on a mini moon right after we were married.  We purchased a stay through groupon or living social.  It was just for a hotel though.  We had no problems, we just made sure to abide by the groupons terms.

And answering Joan's questions will help us give more detailed answers!

• Options
    I would suggest going to a travel agent and just pricing things out- they're free so it's worth it. Before we went to the travel agent; we looked at what it would cost to book it ourselves online and the travel agent actually saved us about $700 because their company was having a sale! I've never personally booked through Groupon but I noticed that they don't include airfare and they usually aren't all-inclusive. Also, you typically can't cancel in case of emergency. I've had friends who have booked through Groupon though and they've never had any problems- so go with whatever's cheaper and what you feel more comfortable with!
  • Options
    I agree with needing a little more info.

Europe and Sandals could not be any more different!!! If you do agree on a Sandals type vacation, there are similar AI resorts that tend to run a little less in price. If you lean toward Europe, there are SO MANY places to choose from and some are more budget friendly than others.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards