Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How to Tell My Mom to Buckle Down

2»

Re: How to Tell My Mom to Buckle Down

• Options
    lizhurt said:
    OKAY, so TL:DR sis who got engaged after me just got married; don't feel like mom is as invested in my wedding,

So, my sister and I got engaged within a short amount of time of each other. I am younger but have been with FI for four and a half years. She and her now hubby had gotten together (he is BFF of my FI) in a matter of a year. Basically they had their first romantic encounter in late December and by March she decided to move across country to be with him. I was happy for them because it was my sister, who I have seen deal with many heartaches, and a great friend of the man I love. However, I felt that my sister's biological clock (she was 30, almost 31, he was 25) was the main impetus towards their quick engagement. Even though she got engaged after me, I accepted her having an earlier wedding date (and somewhat stealing my thunder) because she was older, but now my parents seem much less invested in helping me plan my wedding (to a man who I have put in the real time with to develop a relationship meriting an engagement). Do you think it's just because they are burnt out from the first wedding (not my fault BTW) or because they value her fiance (in the Army, now a doctor) more than mine (no degree but tons of work/life experience and ambitious/successful enough to invest in a real home for us/incredibly bright and driven)? I just don't get it...
    I didn't read the other comments, but it sounds like you're judging their relationship. Not cool! Everyone has their own timelines, for what works for them. You just insulted many people on here who got married within a year of meeting their now husband.

• Options
    "Lizhurt" Did you make up that name deliberately so we'd know your feelings were hurt?
  • Options
    *yawn* OP, please make your MUD more interesting than just posing as a dumb girl who is too mentally incompetent to plan her wedding without her mommy to do it for her.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards