Chit Chat
Options

Weirdest job

2»

Re: Weirdest job

• Options
    KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I used to be Chuck E. at Chuck E. Cheese. It was awful. Parents, why did you let your children assault Chuck E.? I couldn't fight back, nor could I speak! (Chuck E. doesn't sound like a 16-year-old girl.)
  • Options
    kasmith1 said:
    I used to be Chuck E. at Chuck E. Cheese. It was awful. Parents, why did you let your children assault Chuck E.? I couldn't fight back, nor could I speak! (Chuck E. doesn't sound like a 16-year-old girl.)
    I volunteer to help out our sheriff's department. One of the things I do is wear McGruff the Crime Dog outfit. Last Halloween the sheriff's department had us pass candy out to the kids in the local Trunk and Treat. Kids were mean to me. They told me I could not kick the kids. I also couldn't trip them or any other things to retaliate. 

Also, I can't tell you how many kids/parents thought I was "Clifford." 
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    My job now is rather odd. I talk to a lot of interesting people with a lot of different beliefs.
    I'm curious: what's your job?

I work in the anthropological research department of a museum.
  • Options

jdluvr06 said:
    jdluvr06 said:
    My job now is rather odd. I talk to a lot of interesting people with a lot of different beliefs.
    I'm curious: what's your job?

I work in the anthropological research department of a museum.
    Gotcha. You work the dream job of all of us who studied anthropology as undergrads!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Lets see, belly dancer, nude model, painted girl, stripper, bouncer, henna tattoo artist, face painter (omg this one sucked so bad), and one time I was paid money to strip naked cover myself in paint and roll on a canvas. I don't know what to call that. It was a commissioned art piece and the guy didn't want to watch or anything he just thought it'd look cool, it was like finger painting with my whole body. I totally recommend doing it, just for fun. I wore a bikini just cause I didn't want the paint getting up in my vagina or anything. 

I was also a hotel maid. Which, not that odd, but we had the weirdest fucking people come stay with us. Including a lot of hookers. A lot. And we were a pretty nice hotel, but apparently hookers got standards too. And while cleaning up after them could be icky sometimes (condoms and such), they were all really nice and tipped well.
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Bouncy castle supervisor.  
  • Options
    I've worked in just about every industry there is, but healthcare takes the cake for weirdness. When I was in nursing school I worked as a sitter, basically spending the night in hospital rooms keeping crazy/confused/drunk people from hurting themselves or pulling out their lines. One patient masturbated for 8 hours. Now as a nurse I will often find myself thinking "Wow, I get paid to stick my finger up strangers' butts" while I'm giving a suppository. The best was when I had to order a condom catheter for a patient (just like a regular urinary catheter, but it goes over the penis like a condom instead of being inserted). I called the supply department and they asked me what size. I actually asked them, "How the hell am I supposed to measure for that??"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @magicink I feel like I need to ask your techniques for bouncing people twice your size. I'm picturing it mentally and it's really funny. Because I bet you are badass.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I've worked in just about every industry there is, but healthcare takes the cake for weirdness. When I was in nursing school I worked as a sitter, basically spending the night in hospital rooms keeping crazy/confused/drunk people from hurting themselves or pulling out their lines. One patient masturbated for 8 hours. Now as a nurse I will often find myself thinking "Wow, I get paid to stick my finger up strangers' butts" while I'm giving a suppository. The best was when I had to order a condom catheter for a patient (just like a regular urinary catheter, but it goes over the penis like a condom instead of being inserted). I called the supply department and they asked me what size. I actually asked them, "How the hell am I supposed to measure for that??"
    Ha! I totally had a situation similar to this at work once! It's so awkward putting those things on a patient.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @magicink I feel like I need to ask your techniques for bouncing people twice your size. I'm picturing it mentally and it's really funny. Because I bet you are badass.
    I mostly just worked the door, which was easy to be intimidating at and they let me have pepper spray if anyone got too out of control (I wanted a taser). Sometimes I'd walk through the club and if there were fights I'd get the big guys to come break them up. Usually though I was just helping drunk chicks out of the club and into cabs. 

I can be kind of intimidating despite my size. And my parents made sure I learned how to fight to protect myself cause ya know, small but mouthy. Bad combo. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards