Chit Chat
Options

I can't tell you how nerdtastic it is today

in downtown San Diego. It made the fact that there was nowhere to park for my lunch date at least very interesting. 2 Gold stars if you know what on earth I'm talking about.

Re: I can't tell you how nerdtastic it is today

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    3 Gold Stars if you are in town. 

4 if you share a pic of your costume. 

5 if you want to have a margarita with me while you're here. 

(I've never been very patient.. it's COMIC CON!!)
  • Options
    Totally jealous! FI and I really wanted to go this year! I hope you have an awesome time! :-D
  • Options
    I'M JEALOUS!  FI and I talked about maybe skipping work and making the drive down, but we just couldn't swing it.  
    Anniversary

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    I actually didn't get tickets. I live here, though, so the people watching is amazing of course. One year I will actually attend.
  • Options
    SUPER jealous.
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    smichek said:
    lc07 said:
    3 Gold Stars if you are in town. 

4 if you share a pic of your costume. 

5 if you want to have a margarita with me while you're here. 

(I've never been very patient.. it's COMIC CON!!)
    Girl I was just in SD two weeks ago visiting my folks. We had so many margaritas. I could have had some with you.
    Gahhhhh. Bummer! Did you have an awesome time? I've lived here for 10 years now. Love, love, love it.
  • Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I wanted to go to the one in Phoenix last month... but the tickets are SO expensive now! I remember when I was a kid it was like $20!

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    SBmini said:
    I wanted to go to the one in Phoenix last month... but the tickets are SO expensive now! I remember when I was a kid it was like $20!

When they first started Comic Con I think they had like 300 or 400 attendees. Now they max out our convention center with well over 100,000 and could sell more if we had more capacity. Crazy.
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    The four day tickets sell out in less than an hour every year now.
  • Options
    My friend writes for The Nerdist and posted pics with her press pass today.  So jealous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I would give 10 rings to be there right now. So jealous. They invited me to speak on a panel 2 years ago and I couldn't go and I will never forgive the situation that kept me from going.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    edited July 2014
    I always wanted to go to Comic Con and dress up. I can't find anyone that wants to do it with me. I'm a nerd in a sea of normal people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'd love to go to Comic Con. I mean, it would be ridiculous, but still. And day-drinking is the best part of conventions. "oh, there's two hours till the next panel. BOOZE. Who cares if it's 3 pm?" 

The largest convention we go to is Otakon, which is like 30k. 
    H cosplays, and I'd like to do more. I want to learn how to sew so I can actually make costumes instead of buying stuff that looks similar and doing small additions. My goal is to be able to wear something to Katsucon in Feb.

Anniversary
  • Options
    No @Larrygaga you are a shining star among the dark shy, a diamond in the rough, the rainbow on a cloudy day. You are the new normal. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    Oh I love Comic Con. I've always wanted to go but I never lived anywhere close enough to justify the traveling and ticket expense. SInce me and FI moved to Chicago in January we thought about going to Comic Con this past April but couldn't swing it on such short notice. We WILL be going next year though. We already talked about it. ETA- words are hard when your bottle of wine is half empty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    Y'all can come stay with me. That will save you fifty billion dollars on hotel rooms that you cannot book anyway because they're all sold out. 
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    chibiyui said:
    I'd love to go to Comic Con. I mean, it would be ridiculous, but still. And day-drinking is the best part of conventions. "oh, there's two hours till the next panel. BOOZE. Who cares if it's 3 pm?" 

The largest convention we go to is Otakon, which is like 30k. 
    H cosplays, and I'd like to do more. I want to learn how to sew so I can actually make costumes instead of buying stuff that looks similar and doing small additions. My goal is to be able to wear something to Katsucon in Feb.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards