Chit Chat
Options

What's for dinner?

13»

Re: What's for dinner?

• Options
    DH wants pork chops tonight so I'm going to make up my seasoned breadcrumb mix. I got some Chinese vegetables that I'll braise up with ginger and stir-fry sauce. I was going to make rice but he's not in a rice mood so I have to come up with a starch soon. Maybe I'll just reheat the corn on the cob from last week.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    My dad made a surprise visit and took me out for Mexican food for my birthday. I had a margarita the size of my head. And fish tacos (mahi mahi with a GIANT slice of avocado and spicy mayo), shredded beef chimichangas, and (free) fried ice cream. I might explode.

• Options
    smichek said:
    My dad made a surprise visit and took me out for Mexican food for my birthday. I had a margarita the size of my head. And fish tacos (mahi mahi with a GIANT slice of avocado and spicy mayo), shredded beef chimichangas, and (free) fried ice cream. I might explode.
    Damn, and I was about to brag that I made steak fajitas and margaritas. I would die for a trip to the cantina by my dad's house right now. They have fried avocado tacos that are orgasmic.
    Dad told the hostess we were there for my birthday. She said "Oh happy birthday! Is it your 22nd? Or 21??"

"Oh, honey. Bless your heart. I'm 31."

• Options
    Omg guys! Pierogies tonight!! Potato and cheddar! I'm in heaven!

image   image   image

• Options
    I just need to follow this up by saying my pork chops came out AMAZING. DH kept raving about them and talking about how amazing I am. Glad to see the glow hasn't worn off in the last 4 weeks since the wedding. lol
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I just need to follow this up by saying my pork chops came out AMAZING. DH kept raving about them and talking about how amazing I am. Glad to see the glow hasn't worn off in the last 4 weeks since the wedding. lol
    Recipe?

• Options
    Recipe?
    Not much of a recipe, really. I had 4 small pork chops, which I put between plastic wrap to pound super thin. I dredged them through some beaten eggs that I mixed with Dijon mustard and plain bread crumbs that I added some dried rosemary, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper to. Pan fried in oil until lightly golden, then drained on paper towels. Super crispy and tons of flavor. Prep and cooking time took like 15 minutes. It actually took me longer to clean and trim the vegetables than to make the chops!
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards