Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bathroom question (not-exactly-ER)

Hiya! I wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured I would start here since you ladies are pretty smart...and won't just tell me what I want to hear... But let me know if I should cross-post somewhere else. So my sister is getting married in May on a golf course. (Yay! It's going to be gorgeous.) There are "golfer bathrooms" (a permanent structure) right near the ceremony & reception location. They are fine, the wedding coordinator will have them all cleaned with fresh flowers and amenities. But there are only three stalls for women, including one big accessible/bride one. There is also a men's side, but there is only one stall and urinals, so that isn't really an attractive option for women, although, y'know, there's no law against it. We are inviting about 150 guests, but only expect maybe 125 to show up. (And before anyone questions, we are not counting on getting nos, the venue and budget can host that many, but these are elderly relatives/family friends who really don't travel at all--it would be a very welcome miracle if they came!) More than half the invitees are women, so say 80-90 women at the most. The ceremony starts at 4, and "lights out" at 10. (Then the after-party, but that's in the clubhouse bar.) There are lovely bathrooms at the clubhouse guests can use, but it is about a ten-minute walk or golf cart ride away. We can rent nice porta-potties, but it would be an added expense--but we will if we need to, so that's where you come in. Does this sound like enough facilities?? Please let me know! Thanks!

Re: Bathroom question (not-exactly-ER)

• Options
    I don't think this will be a problem. We had 175 guests at our wedding, split approx. 50/50 M/F. 

Women's had 4 stalls (one handicap) and two sinks. Men's had 2 stalls (one handicap), two urinals and two sinks. We did not have an issue. Maybe my crowd doesn't pee a lot though?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Thanks! I appreciate your response. (How do you gauge how much your guests will pee?...hmm...)
  • Options
    Think about it this way... 4pm - 10pm is 6 hours. How many times do you pee within 6 hours? Maybe twice? (Just wait, there's room for error for the drunks and preggos that pee way more). 90 women max is 180 pees in 6 hours or 30 per hour, but there's 3 stalls so that means that bathroom will be full 10 times per hour. It takes about 2 minutes to pee max, which leaves plenty of open stall time. Lol sorry to get all technical about this but simple math and logic say that three stalls for the women will be fine. Not all of them will stay the entire time and not all of them will pee multiple times. You'll be good.
  • Options
    I think the number of available stalls is just fine.

• Options
    I love the math!! Thanks! Ok, I won't worry about it, at least for now... :)
  • Options
    Honestly, for this one I might trust the venue.  If they commonly hold weddings there of that size without issue.... then great.  

I can't think of any time I've attended a wedding and seen more than 2 other women in the bathroom at a time.  

• Options
    That sounds about the same as the restrooms and most restaurants I've been to and they hold that many or more people.  

FWIW I never needed the restroom the entire time I was in the dress.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it'll be fine. 
  • Options
    jenijoykjenijoyk member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2014

I bet it's fine! The only weddings I went to where I remember the bathroom situations were:

(1) Wedding in a historic home, about 175 guests, and guests were allowed to use ONE RESTROOM. Like a house restroom. So like, one person at a time. Like toilet and sink are both behind the door that is closed and locked when someone is in there. There was about a 30 minute wait at any given moment throughout the entire reception and drunk people just started peeing behind the bushes in the yard, which was gross. So gross. But really, kind of understandable.

(2) Wedding in a park, in the evening, and the bathrooms weren't lit. Scary....

You sound like you are way better ground than either of those (literal?) sh!tshows.

• Options
    mysticl said:
    That sounds about the same as the restrooms and most restaurants I've been to and they hold that many or more people.  

FWIW I never needed the restroom the entire time I was in the dress.  
    This.

Most venues and restaurants have 3-4 stalls in the ladies room. 

• Options
    At first I thought it sounded light, but come to think of it, the LR at my nephew's wedding had 3 stalls, and I only went once. There was only one other girl who came and went in the time I was there. So it should be enough. Men are heavier beer drinkers, but are more efficient pee-ers.
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice, everyone! @jenijoyk‌, my mom was just at a wedding where the outdoor restrooms were not lit...she said she almost slipped and fell. They will definitely be WELL lit!
  • Options

Sounds fine to me! My venue only has 2 stalls in the ladies washroom. I'm not concerned.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards