Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wedding one week apart.

So I just found out that the venue my fiancé and I have been dreaming about is only available on one Saturday in all of 2015.  The problem is that my cousin's wedding is the weekend before they have available. Should I talk to her about this before I book the location? What if she gets upset should I still move forward with my plans? Does she have a right to be upset?  I just don't want there to be any hard feelings.

Re: Wedding one week apart.

• Options
    So I just found out that the venue my fiancé and I have been dreaming about is only available on one Saturday in all of 2015.  The problem is that my cousin's wedding is the weekend before they have available. Should I talk to her about this before I book the location? What if she gets upset should I still move forward with my plans? Does she have a right to be upset?  I just don't want there to be any hard feelings.
    You get one day and your cousin gets one day. Make sure your VIPs are ok with having the back to back weddings. Also, make sure you are ok with the possibility that some overlapping OOT guests may not make it to both weddings. They may also choose your cousin's wedding first, since she's had her date picked out already. I would also give your cousin a heads up after speaking with your VIPs and deciding to move forward. Don't ask permission, just let her know that it was the only Saturday available at the venue. If you are close with your cousin, see if you guys can conspire to order some of the same vendors (DJ, photographer) to get some great discounts!
  • Options
    Check with your VIP guests. If they are out of town some family might have to choose between the two of you so be prepared for that. If most are local I wouldn't worry about it. I know 2 sisters who just got married a week apart. Also be prepared that if you go ahead your cousin might be pissed and complain about thunder stealing. Of course she gets one day and you can ignore her.
  • Options
    I agree that your cousin only gets one day, but if your wedding is a week after hers then she may be on her honeymoon and have to miss your wedding. Just something else to think about along with OOT guests and VIP's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards