Wisconsin

Intros!

I feel like we have some new Wisconsin brides on the board, so it is time for another get to know you post! I love these:)

What is your name? FI's name? (sharing this is optional)

Your ages?

Wedding date?
How long have you been with your FI?

Where do you live? (city)

Where are you getting married? Venue?

How did you meet your FI?

What are you most looking forward to with the wedding?
What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase?
What do you do for a living/dream job?

Any random thing you want to share with us?

Share your proposal story.

Re: Intros!

• edited December 2011
    What is your name? FI's name? (sharing this is optional) I am Becky and FI is Gerald

Your ages? I'm 25, turn 26 two weeks before the wedding, FI is 28

Wedding date? 9/17/11...AKA SOON!

How long have you been with your FI? We have been together for 2 years, 4 months. We got enegaged Aug 8th, 2009

Where do you live? (city) We live in Madison

Where are you getting married? Madison Venue? Lussier Family Heritage center. It's beautiful!

How did you meet your FI? We had met once when I was 18 and semi dating one of his friends. But we re-met at a club.

What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? Right now, getting it over with. I'm tired of planning. I can't wait to marry FI and have this last name:)
    What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase? Hands down the photobooth!
    What do you do for a living/dream job? I work in Customer service...BLAH! I would love to be an 8th grade history teacher.

Any random thing you want to share with us? I lived in Las Vegas where I went to Film school....that dream didn't work out.

We had been dating for 4 motnhs and FI was going to a b-party. We wouldn't be seeing eachother for 2 weeks because during the week he works days and I worked nights. Firday night he was going to a friends cabin and on Saturday night he had the b-party. He was going to spend that Sunday recovering and I had plans with friends to go to a music festival. Then that upcoming Wednesday he was going out of town with friends until Sunday.

The Saturday of the b-party he texted me and said we wished I was there, it was going to be a long two weeks. He told me what strip club he was going to and said he would behave. I happen to know a few girls who worked their and I told them that they were coming and to show then a good time. And it's always nice to know someone on the inside:) After a day of drinking and strip clubs FI starts texting me and telling me how much he loves me, more than i'll even know and what not. He then says he has something to ask me and wants to to come to a near bytown and see him. I was at work but told him I would when I was done.

I arrive at the twon party that I was meeting FI at and he started acting weird. Then , when we were dacing is whispers in my ear "will you marry me". I say yes and he gives me his hish school class ring.

Fast forward to Dec 26, 2009...FI picks me up from work to go to lunch, takes me to a beautiful park and proposes again with a beautiful ring:) He even got down on one knee this time!
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am Chelsea, he is Alex

Your ages?
    I'm 22, he's 24

Wedding date? June 23, 2012
    How long have you been with your FI? We started dating June 15, 2010 but we met in high school

Where do you live? (city) We both live in Appleton

Where are you getting married? Venue? We are getting married in Wisconsin Rapids where we both grew up

Short story: High school, then facebook.
    Long story: We met in high school, didn't talk for 5 years.  I stood up in a wedding a few sumemrs ago and his brother was on my arm.  I reconnected with his brother and then wrote on the brother's wife's facebook wall.  FI saw it, wondered how I was and added me.  The rest is history

Being married! And the pics :)

Thumbprint tree guest book

Right now I am a customer service rep and I do photography on the side.  Next month I start teaching (which is my dream job).

I am fluent in French

Copy and pasted from my profile:

Chelsea and Alex had their first kiss in a room in the campus center at Lawrence University (where Chelsea went to school) called the Esch dance studio. It is a big room with huge windows over looking the river (very romantic). That night, Corey (Alex’s best friend) and Chelsea had plans to hang out, but little did she know, he was actually playing wingman for Alex. Corey asked for a tour of campus, so as he and Chelsea walked through the campus center, Alex was patiently waiting in the Esch room. When Chelsea got to the room with Corey, the lights were dimmed and there was a huge blue teddy bear sitting in the middle of the room holding a red bag (see picture). She immediately figured out what was going on, gave Corey “the look” and walked in the room by herself. “Then” by Brad Paisley started playing (their song) while Alex hid behind a pillar (she seriously had no idea where he was haha). She opened the bag and pulled out the ring box, but there was no ring on it. He came out from behind the pillar and they danced to their song. Then he got down on one knee, pulled out the ring and asked her to marry him. :)

• edited December 2011
      I'm Sara. FI is Riley.

Your ages?
      We're both 22 but will be 23 when we get married

Wedding date?
      July 14, 2011

5 1/2 years

Menasha

Allenton, WI.  We getting married outside in a garden. The place is called "The Gardens"

High School. We started dating our Junior year

Finally being husband and wife.  Having a great time with friends and family.

I love all my ideas...I can't pick a favorite. My favorite purchase so far is my dress!

I work as a CNA in a wonderful nursing home and I'm going to school to be a nurse. My FI is a warehouse supervisor at a tool store but is going to school to be a paramedic.

We have a cat named Bella.

Riley took me to our favorite hiking spot (High Cliff State Park) during March of 2011.  Everything was covered in snow but he said we should go there to buy a new yearly sticker. There is a tower at the very top of the cliffs that we always climb after our hikes. He drove us up there and it wasn't covered in too much snow so we went up to the top. While we were up there looking out over Lake Winnebago he proposed to me.  Best moment of my life so far!  :D
    159image 122image 37image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Elizabeth & Adam

Your ages?
    25 & 26

Wedding date?
    September 16, 2011

How long have you been with your FI
    5 years

Green Bay

Ceremony-Pamperin Park Reception-Townline

We met through mutual friends.

Finally being husband and wife!

My dress!

I am a preschool teacher.
    Adam & I were going for a walk in our favorite park and we were just walking by some trees and he says "Do you see that over there?" and I look over and on the tree he carved out 'Elizabeth Will You Marry Me?'
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 197 invited to celebrate!
    image 187 Are ready to party! image 10 Are missing out! image 0 Make me stalk the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: September 2nd
  • edited December 2011
    Michelle & Fred

Your ages?
    25 & 33

Wedding date?
    October 20, 2012

5 years

Waukesha, WI

Milwaukee War Memorial

We worked together in college & became friends, then more :)

The actual day!

Invitations thus far

I am a social worker and i am grad school for my MSW
    FI and I are both only children
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • sarahsmashsarahsmash member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sarah and Jon

Your ages?
    I just turned 27 on July 1 (He proposed on my b-day!) and Jon is also 27.

Wedding date?
    October 2012

4 years, engaged for 1 month.

We live in the Kenosha area.

Haven't nailed that one down yet. I'm pretty picky which is hard to do on a budget, but we are looking at a few places in Milwaukee.

We met on suicidegirls.com and started casually chatting. We both liked a band that was playing at Summerfest that year and we met up at the show. A couple days later we realized that we had gone to elementary school together and were in the same year and some of the same classes. Small world!

Being married. I knew he was the one after a couple months, as silly as that sounds. And the party will be awesome too.

We're a little offbeat and we have bits and pieces of awesomeness everywhere. We have had the most fun, so far, picking out music for different parts of the ceremony and reception.

This fall I am finishing up my last semester of nursing school. I'm a CNA and health unit coordinator but I can't wait to be done with all that and get my RN license. My dream job currently is to be a labor and delivery nurse.

I can't decide what color my hair should be for the wedding. I am naturally dark blonde (you know, that color that everyone who has it hates) and I have had every color under the sun and in various combinations: light blonde, brown, black, pink, purple, and red. Currently, it is a very, very bright red. This is, so far, my biggest dilemma. Haha.

I'm not very patient. I'm an imperfect person. I pestered him for  a long time before I promised I would stop because he said that I was going to ruin his plans. And so I did stop... mostly.

My FI is a man of many, many talents and hobbies. He is a magician, licensed bartender, origami artist, graphic designer, balloon animal maker, punk rock music enthusiast, etc. Unbeknownst to me, for the last 2 1/2 years he has been folding 1,000 origami cranes for me. He only worked on it while I was at school or work. As the legend goes, if you fold 1,000 cranes your wish would come true. 1,000 cranes is also a common wedding gift in China to
    wish a thousand years of happiness and prosperity upon the couple.

Anyway, On my birthday, we had plans to go to dinner with my family and then have friends come over for a little party. While we were at dinner he had arranged for my best friend to go to our place and arrange the cranes. When we got home I was shocked! They were everywhere! Cranes of varying sizes and colors were scattered all over the floor, couch, tables and chairs. It was like magical 3D confetti everywhere! They were arranged on the table with the ring in the center. It took me a moment to see the ring with all of the cranes everywhere! =) Then he walked me over to the table and said some wonderful things to me and asked me to marry him. Yay!
    The best part (well maybe not the best part) was that I had pretty much convinced myself that it wasn't going to happen on my birthday and had pretty much forgotten about the whole thing so I actually was surprised!

Also, my ring is pretty kick ass. We had picked it out together a while ago and it was a little bit customized so it was/is really cool to see it all together. It is a round cut solitaire with 3 small bands micro set with black diamonds. It is perfect and so beautiful.

It was nice since my family was all there soon afterward to have cake so we could share the news with them right away and then right after that, all my friends came over for a party. Perfect timing!

It was perfect and lovely and wonderful and totally worth the wait! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Victoria2013Victoria2013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Victoria and he is Paul

Your ages?
    We are both 25

Wedding date?
    Sept 13th, 2014

2 years.

Misawa AB, Japan

Sheboygan, looking at (online) The Bull.

We were both deployed to Suwon, South Korea and I meet him on the flight line.  I needed to get a specific tool that my shop didn't deploy with.  So I headed to the AMUs support section and there he was.  Every time I went out on the flight line he would always say "here comes trouble" with that goofy handsome grin of his.  Ever since that moment he caught my attention and the rest is history.

All the photos, including a Trash the Dress session.

Window pane seating chart, as of right now.

I'm active duty Air Force and I work with munitions.  Being in the AF is my dream job just need to make rank and then I can become a First Sergeant to help the people in my squadron.

Technically the H and I are married, but we aren't sure if it will be recognized by the state of Wisconsin.  We got married off base in Japan in their city hall.  We didn't say any vows or anything, it was just sign here and sign here.  We had to get everything translated before and after.

Well since we are technically married its quite backwards.  My H and I decided to get married when we did for military reasons.  Basically we needed to get married sooner rather than later to make the military aspect of our lives easier.  If we weren't married we would be going to separate bases after our tour in Japan and with our career fields it can be difficult to then get the same base (he limits the bases I can go to).  I know a lot of people frown upon how we went about things but to each their own.  So with that we agreed to get married then three days later we were married on Sept 1st 2010.  On Friday we picked up our married certificate, which by the way is in Japanese and looks absolutely incredible.  On Saturday he took me to the beach during sunrise and got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife.  I know its odd the way we went about things but it worked absolutely perfect for us and our families understand and support us.

• leah2489leah2489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Leah and he is William.
    Your ages?
    27 and 25
    Wedding date? 06/15/12
    A little over 6 years
    Milwaukee
    At The War Memorial. Ceremony and reception will both be held outside (weather permitting).
    I went to school with his brother, and he introduced us.
    Having all of our family and friends together for an awesome party!
    I love all of the aspects of planning, but my favorite purchase would have to be my dress.
    I work at a non-profit company, basically as a receptionist. I still haven't decided what my dream job is lol. I've been in college for 5 years now and have 2 associates, working on the 3rd, but I can't see myself doing anything for the rest of my life.
    We have 2 kids, a 10 year old boy (from my previous relationship) and a daughter who turns 5 next week :)
    We don't really have one :( We've been together for so long, and we already have a family, so it didn't really seem necessary. The main thing stopping us from being engaged was the ring. I am extremely picky and couldn't find one that I fell in love with. Finally, on 10/10/10, I found it! We bought it on the spot, and became officially "engaged".
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is your name? FI's name?Jennifer & Matthew
    Your ages I am 30 he will be 24 in September
    Wedding date? 8/12/12
    How long have you been with your FI?1yr and 9months
    Where do you live?Saukville
    Where are you getting married?Outdoor Ceremony in a local Park . Just started planning......
    How did you meet your FI?Through a mutal friend. Turned out we had several possible meetings before that. We have tons of mutal friends
    Being his wife, and joining his great family!
    Probably the dress, or seeing the photos.
    What do you do for a living/dream job?I am an Admin Assitant for a Vet Hospital. 

• edited December 2011

Kristin & Dave

Your ages?
    29 & 30..feeling a little old reading the other ones on here

Wedding date? 10/22/11

It will be 7 years Oct 31st

Green Bay
    St. Johns & Stadium View

He was living with his parents who were my brother's neighbors.  After my brother kept telling me I had to meet him, I offically met him at my brother's Halloween Party.  I believe a week or so later he asked me out.

Finally being married, seeing everyone who came & dancing to the band!

Has to be the dress & I can't wait to see what my flowers look like.  Oh, and our guest book, it's awesome.

CPA...I would like to move to some island and I will be the one to deliver you drinks on the beach....not a hard job and I can be in the sun!

I can't wait to build our house and get out of town.

Nothing romantic here.  I actually picked out the ring in April '10 with my mom and gave him the information.  Even had the ring on hold.  Labor Day weekend - that Friday we were going up north and he was running late.  He told me to help him clean out his truck and he had it hiding in the front pocket of the seat.  That was it and we went up north to see my family....we were making bets on who would notice.  Of course I eventually had to tell my mom while she was playing a game and had her crying and everyone else wondering what happened.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SweetB7SweetB7 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? FI's name? (sharing this is optional)Amanda and Almon Your ages?I'm 23 he is 27Wedding date?
    August or September 2013 (we havent officially picked a date yet)How long have you been with your FI?2 1/2 yearsWhere do you live? (city)Madison Where are you getting married? Venue?Spring Brook How did you meet your FI?He moved in with me and my two other roommates when our previous roommate wasn't working out. Odd I know!What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? 
    The day, in general,  that we spent so much time planning for, and of course being husband and wife.What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase?DressWhat do you do for a living/dream job?ParalegalAny random thing you want to share with us?We have a spoiled cat named Chibs and love taking the Harley on weekend trips. Share your proposal story.
    My FI and I met while in college where he moved in to my apartment to sublease from a roommate that wasn't working out. It was a huge change for him to move in with 3 college girls but it worked out for the best for us. During the week of our anniversary my FI had a business trip in our old college town where I joined him; it was my spring break week. On our way to dinner my FI drove to our old apartment and proposed to me on the sidewalk where we very first met :) I love him!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • katiebakakatiebaka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Katie & my FI is Michael!

Your ages?
    We're both 22 now...I'll be 23 at the wedding. He's really excited about that for some reason.

Wedding date?
    January 21, 2012. Coming fast!

A year and four months. He proposed a couple weeks after our first anniversary.

Milwaukee (Greenfield, more specifically)

We're getting married at our church in Greenfield--our reception is at the Clarion Hotel by the airport.

We were best friends in high school. We had a ton of classes together and were both in a venture crew (basically a co-ed boy scout troop), which is how we got close. We actually went to junior prom together (as friends) and our friends and family had been predicting us getting married since then! Took us four more years, but they were right :)

Everything! I'm so excited to see him at the end of the aisle, I think I'm most looking forward to that...but I frequently daydream about every aspect of the wedding, from getting ready with my favorite girls in the world to dinner to dancing to playing bag toss at the reception!

Two things: I was kind of freaking because I didn't have any kind of clue what kind of wedding dress I wanted to have, and then one night I had a dream about the wedding and woke up remembering the exact dress I had on in the dream. I went and tried it on the next weekend and am LITERALLY wearing my dream dress :)

The other thing is that our vehicle for us and our bridal party is going to be my parents' motorhome! We have a Class C that we used to take on road trips and other fun things...and my dad drove both my sister and I (and our dates and friends) to prom in it. We dubbed it the Prom Mobile and painted all the windows and stuff. Since M and I went to prom together, it was only fitting to turn this camper into a Wedding Mobile!

I'm a writer/research analyst with a company that produces best practice reports and journals for hospital financial leaders. Dream job is in public relations--but you have to start somewhere!

I'm a bit late to the game seeing as my wedding is a little under six months away, but I'm excited to have discovered the boards and start chatting with everyone!! :)

I was super sick with mono but some TLC from my mom and the promise of a surprise from M got me out of bed. He told me we were going on an Easter egg hunt (it was the day before Easter) and brought me to a park by my house. Each of the eggs I picked up (he hid them had pointed them out to me, thank goodness) had a little love note in it. The last one said "Guess what? I love you! And..." and then he got down on one knee, pulled out another egg with a ring in it, and proposed! :) To this day I'm still completely and utterly shocked I didn't see it coming...but I blame the mono. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is your name?
    Jessica

Your ages?
    Both are 25

Wedding date?
    6/9/11

4 years and 2 months

Where do you live?
    Madison

Racine, WI - Festival Hall

In college

Being married and celebrating with family & friends

Photographer

What do you do for a living?
    I am a Certified Advance Practice Social Worker. I do in-home mental health therapy with children/families.
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kkozicki-
    I got married at St John's....BEAUTIFUL.  If you want to see pics, let me know and I can send you some :)

What is your name?
    Katie and Jon

Your ages?
    24/31

Wedding date?
    It was April 30th, married 3 months now!

over 7 years

Where do you live?
    Eagle River- grew up in Green Bay

Green Bay- St John Catholic church, Riverside Ballroom

At a friends cabin :)

Well, my favorite part was celebrating with all the people that love us!

Photographer- he was amazing and soooo worth the money!!!  I also enjoyed making my centerpieces

What do you do for a living?
    I am a Dental Assistant, and DH does road construction
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? FI's name?  Kristen and Joel
    Your ages? 38 and 39
    Wedding date?  4/16/11
    How long have you been with your FI?  3.5 years
    Where do you live?  Milwaukee
    Where are you getting married? Venue?  Everything was at the Elm Grove Woman's Club How did you meet your FI?  Introduced by friends that were dating - and we were asked to by their MOH and BM after we had been dating a month (nothing like a little pressure to have to get along 8 months later)
    What are you most looking forward to with the wedding?  It was so great to spend time with friends and family we dont' see often.

What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase?  I loved the luminaries I made for our table numbers and the pictures of our parents on their wedding days that we had on the altar table right in front of us as we said I do.

What do you do for a living/dream job?  I am the environmental compliance specialist at a chemical plant, he is a film and video producer.
    Any random thing you want to share with us?  I race sailboats on Lake Michigan.
    Share your proposal story.  Short version - he made dinner for me (the same dinner he made the first time he cooked for me) and whispered the proposal in my ear afterwards.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Samantha and John
    Your ages?
    I am 23, he is 30
    Wedding date? August 25th, 2012
    Alittle over 3 years
    Kenosha
    We are having the ceremony at a local park around Racine or Kenosha, then the reception at the Racine Masonic Center (thank you to another local knottie for pointing it out).
    We met on a blind date through a mutal friend after I moved back to Wisconsin from Iowa.
    Everything, having family and friends around us, just the day will be the best.
    It will probably be the dress, or the probably the idea to instead of getting a photobooth of putting cameras on the tables and making your own photobooth.
    My dream job is to be a second grade teacher, or publications. Right now I work as a waitress at Famous Daves, while attending UW-Parkside in English
    I have a pyscho special kitty named McGee after NCIS' Timothy McGee; for awhile it was FI and my favorite shows. We watch it when it comes out on DvD. And when one of his sisters heard we were engaged, she is older, she looked at her longtime boyfriend and hit him playfully in the arm asking him why he hasn't asked her yet, it was funny. I love his family lol
    We had been living together a few months, but I had known for awhile he was the one. But I kept breaking down thinking he didn't think the same thing, and I like a PP, kept asking and bugging him. I had a stressfull week at work and school and dealing with family drama that I couldn't sleep that night. We were in bed, me tossing and turning crying from the stress and what not, that he just asked me if I wanted to marry him. Even though it wasn't down on one knee or romantic, it was so nice to me. We didn't officially become in engaged until he asked my dad for a blessing which he did finally after I couldn't take it anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I loved where everyone is from and of course the proposal stories:) Thanks for sharing!!
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I forgot my proposal!!
    So, we have a 4 year old son.  On mother's day I came home from my mom's in Green Bay and Jon told me to sit on the couch and he would go get my gift.  He took our son with him and I could hear them in the hallway (Jon told him to give this to momma, and he yelled NO and threw it!)  So Jon came in without Peyton holding a rose with the ring tied to it, and he went through his whole little speech and I forgot what he said, but I said yes :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is your name? FI's name?
    My name is Nicole and my FI’s name is Brandon
    Your ages?
    We are both 27 and just 3 weeks apart
    Wedding date?
    At first it was December 2012 but I decided I did not want to wait that long to marry the love of my life so now our official wedding date is September 8, 2012!

We have been together about 1 year and 4 months. However we have known each other for 14 years.
    Where do you live?
    Janesville
    Where are you getting married?  
    We are getting married at a beautiful church in Janesville. My parents and grandparents were married at the church and both my sister and I were baptized there. Our reception will be in a large ballroom in a local hotel. The hotel is nothing fancy but it is what we could afford.
    My FI and I first meet in the 7th grade. We went on to high school together and talked but never really hung out. We ran with two totally different crowds. After high school I moved up north for college and moved back to my hometown for a job. I was out at the bars on April fool’s Day and I saw him out. It was the first time we had seen each other since high school. Well, he had a little to drink and confessed that he has always had a crush on me. He asked me out and I told him to ask me again when he was sober. He called the next morning and the rest is history.
    I am looking forward to the actual wedding and the exchanging of vows. I also cannot wait to start a family with my best friend!

Well I am attempting some DIY projects and am really looking forward to getting it all done exactly how I want it. My favorite purchase is my dress of course! 
    I currently work at a residential facility for children. This fall I will be finishing up my MSW in clinical social work. Hopefully I will find a job somewhere in Janesville.  
    My FI and I moved in together a few months ago and now we have 5 cats! But, my house smells good and you would never know it. I have also managed to inherit a house when I got engaged and remodeling and planning a wedding is crazy stressful! 
    Share your proposal story
    Well I know my FI was thinking about proposing because he was asking about my ring size when we went shopping and just being weird in general. He also showed me some jewelry ads he had and asked me to show him rings I liked. Little did I know he already had the ring at that point. He proposed on a Sunday. I came over to his house after work in my PJ’s and was sitting on the couch. I did not see him all week because he had Pink Eye and I did not want to catch it.  So we were just hanging around on the couch and he was being a little weird. He went into the bathroom to put some eye drops in and asked me to come to the bathroom for a second. I did not go at first because I was scared as to what he wanted.  When I got to the bathroom he started to talk about how it’s not the big things in life that are important but it’s the little things that matter and if we can be there for each other at our worst then we can do anything.  He then got down on one knee in the bathroom and asked me to marry him. He later told me he was trying to plan something big but he just couldn’t wait anymore. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kerkmakerkma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? FI's name? My name is Lexy and my FI is Jake.
    Your ages?  I'm 27 and he's 28.
    Wedding date? August 11, 2012

How long have you been with your FI?  3 1/2 years
    Where do you live? (city)  Oak Creek
    Where are you getting married? Venue?  Getting Married in Milwaukee.  Having the ceremony and reception at the Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery.
    How did you meet your FI?  My fiance and I have known each other since middle school.  We met when I was in 7th grade study hall and he used to steal my folders and draw silly pictures on them.  We have been friends, and then a couple ever since. 
    What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? Spending time and memories with family and friends. 

What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase?  The only thing we have so far "purchased" is the venue.  But I think I'm most excited about wedding dress shopping. 

What do you do for a living/dream job?  I work at the Dept. of Veterans Affairs and I really enjoy my job.  
    Any random thing you want to share with us?  I am an attorney and practiced criminal law for a year before deciding to switch paths and work for the VA, and am happy with my decision!  
    Share your proposal story.  Jake and I went on a (much needed) vacation to Cozumel, Mexico in May 2011.  On our first night there, we decided to watch the sunset over the ocean from our balcony.  Jake proposed during the sunset.  It was so sweet and romantic; just the two of us.  
    August 2012 Board February Siggy Challenge: Cake imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • bridejlbridejl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Lauren and my FI is Justin

Your ages?
    We're both 22...he's actually 5 days younger than me!

Wedding date? 8/4/2012

We will be together four years on October 4th of this year (through four years of college!)

We live together in Stevens Point, and go to UWSP. We're both graduating in December finally :)

Where are you getting married? Venue? In the Milwaukee area, where I'm originally from. Our reception will be at Klemmer's.

How did you meet your FI? During the first month of college, we both went to lunch at the dining hall with friends from our respective dorms, and our friends were meeting up with each other. FI and I ended up eating across the table from each other, which was actually kind of awkward; he was trying to make conversation with me but it was loud so I couldn't hear him very well. I didn't expect to see him again, but he found me online and we started talking....and couldn't stop :) A week later we began dating with encouragement from my cousin (Katiebaka, above) and a week after that we shared our first kiss!

We've known we would marry since early in our relationship, so I'm most looking forward to finally being married! I also can't wait to bring all the sides of our families together for a big party....our family likes parties and a wedding is the best! Another also...I can't wait to see his reaction as my parents walk me down the aisle....and to wear a beautiful wedding dress :)

Well we're newly engaged so we have purchased nothing but the reception venue....so I guess the venue!!

I'm currently a student of psychology and employee at Sentry Insurance, but my dream is to do family and couple counseling. Hopefully next fall I'll be starting grad school :P

My family is very Polish (I'm 100%) and I love having a Polish last name. In high school I said that I wanted to marry a Polish man to continue the legacy (of course I wouldn't turn down a non-Polish man, but ya know). Well it turned out that I found and fell in love with a man with a Polish last name and who loves Polish culture. :)

Last Monday night (engaged for a week now!) we took a late night walk around campus. He was talking about reading and making tea when we got back, which I thought was crazy because it was hot and muggy. When we got back home I sat down to read before bed and my book opened up to a page with a crossword puzzle hidden in it. I worked the puzzle, which contained our names and "will you marry me". At that point he said all sorts of lovey things and then officially proposed!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Alisha and Aaron
    Your ages?
    I'm 24, Fi is 27
    Wedding date?
    Sept. 8th, 2012
    Almost 5 years.
    Waukesha
    Ceremony and Reception are at the Polish Center.
    We both worked together at Target. We became good friends and oddly talked each other out of our current bad relationships and eventually made a very happy one together!
    Finally having his last name and just have a day all about us!!!
    I haven't gotten too far yet planning, but so far I LOVE our location!
    I currently work at Childrens hospital cleaning and sterilizing instruments for surgery. Not glamorus, but someone's got to do it. I am trying to decide what exactly to go to school for.
    On our wedding day I will also become a stepmom finally. FI has three amazing kids who are our world. And we can't wait to add our own to the bunch someday.
    During our vacation in Daytona Beach, Florida, Aaron one night suggested that we get up early and go see our first sunrise of the trip on the beach. So we went back to the hotel and looked up the time for a sunrise and we set our alarms to be at the beach by 6:44am.  When morning came I took my sweet time taking a shower and getting my make-up on. Meanwhile, unkown to me, Aaron was pacing back and forth in the room. FINALLY, I was ready to go and Aaron was stressing because the sun looked like it was coming up quick! We drove off to find the beach we had looked up to go to. Along the way the sky was getting brighter so I mentioned heading to a shore closer which ended up to be the beach we knew of across from Aaron's brother's work. So we had a familar spot to walk. 

Once there, we got out and began walking along the beach picking up shells for the kids and me taking pictures. We walked a long ways towards a pier that went way out over the ocean. Along the way taking pictures of ourselves, the sunrise and some washed up jelly-fish. Once we got near the pier, we had stopped because the sun was almost up. I was continuing to attempt to get a good picture and was getting frustrated because I couldn't get the picture just right.

Meanwhile, Aaron was trying to talk to me and get my attention. Realizing I wasn't listening Aaron asked, "Are you listening to me?" I said "I can't get the camera to take a good shot." But as I put down the camera and began turning towards Aaron, he was restarting his speech. "With every new sunrise starts a new day, with a new day starts a new chapter in our life, and it is a life I would like to share with you.... would you be my wife?"  I was now facing Aaron who was down on one knee with a ring. The first words out of my mouth...."Are you serious!?" Then began shaking and said "YES!, omg,omg,omg....." This went on for a few minutes through the hugs and kisses and tears. After that, we enjoyed our walk back down the beach and headed to the restaurant up the way, making our phone calls and showing off to the waitresses! It was the best vacation EVER!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Amber, He's Brian

Your ages?
    I'm 25, he's 35
    Wedding date?
    10/6/2012
    Just over 6 years now
    A suburb of Chicago, Montgomery, IL
    Chula Vista Resort, Wisconsin Dells
    Long story short, we use to work together at Best Buy he was a supervisor of another department and started hanging out through mutual friends.
    Bringing our friends and family to our favorite place to vacation.
    I'm still in the early stages so everything excites me!
    I'm the Food and Beverage Manager at a golf club, I am in charge of the day of coordination for all of our weddings, banquets, and golf outings.

I am not from Wisconsin, it is just our favorite place to visit, a little too often sometimes, but because of this I am looking for all the advice I vendors I can get!

Two days before I had to leave for a trip to London with my mom, Brian surprised me with making my favorite breakfast, biscuits and gravy, in bed. He surprised me with the ring design I really wanted, after being told by many jewelers that I was crazy and it was not going to happen. I started crying and didn't know if it was because of how happy I was that he FINALLY proposed or he actually listened to what I really wanted in a ring.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Oct. 2012 Dec Siggy
    Favorite Thing About the Holidays
    Our Tree(Is it Bears or Broncos?) & Of Course!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • dspringer19dspringer19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Danielle & Rex
    Your ages?
    Wedding date?
    September 22, 2012
    3 1/2 years
    Madison
    Riveria Maya Mexico
    Through a family friend
    wearing a wedding dressing and getting married on the beach

currently I work as a receptionist, I am going to school to become a nurse.
    Dream job would to be to work in a trauma unit.

We have a beautiful son together! He is my everything.

We got in engaged on Valentine's day 2011. It was unexpected and very special. He proposed to me on one knee with just our son and myself being there. I cried before I said yes. I know understand when girls cry when they get engaged :-).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Mikki and my fiance is Cody
    Your ages?
    I'm 25 and he's 22
    Wedding date?
    October 27, 2012
    A year
    Brussels, WI
    Kohlberg Lutheran church in Forestville with the reception at Eddie Whipps in Green Bay
    We meed through a mutual friend while out one night.
    Having all of our family and friends together
    Flowers
    I am a purchasing assistant for a manufacturing company. Cody and I also own and run a dairy farm, so he does that full-time.
    I had known for a few days that the ring was somewhere in the house, and I was very upset when I found it and he still wouldn't ask me. We were getting ready to leave the house one night and he kept making me run upstairs and get him things. The last time (the third or fourth) I was so mad I was mumbling things under my breath, and he was on one knee at the foot of the stairs waiting for me.
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah & Mike
    Your ages?
    30 & 27
    Wedding date?
    May 25th, 2012
    3 years
    Grafton, WI
    ceremony--church, reception--hotel
    We met at work---I was already working there and he was a student trying to get some volunteer time in before grad school, started out as friends and took off from there Smile
    I can't wait to have all of our family and friends around us and celebrating the big day
    Pretty excited about the photobooth, and the dress of course!
    Will be starting a new job  as an asst to a couple of surgeons, grad school in the future, haven't reached my dream job yet (famous author)
    I had come down to Grafton to visit my FI since he moved down here for grad school from northern WI, and we took a day trip up to Sheboygan to Kohler Andrae State park and he proposed on a bench on top of a dune overlooking lake Michigan...very pretty---had our engagement pics done at the same spot! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is your name? FI's name? (sharing this is optional)Beth & Andrew
    Your ages?22- We'll both be 23 when we get married (our birthdays are only 2 days apart!)
    Wedding date? August 4, 2012

How long have you been with your FI? Just over a year. 
    Where do you live? (city) River Falls, WI
    Where are you getting married? Venue? Hudson, WI @ St. Patrick's
    How did you meet your FI? Through mutual friends at college & the same job.
    What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? Being together!  

What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase? We're both super crafty so a lot of our stuff is DIY!

What do you do for a living/dream job? He does tech support- which is perfect for him. :) And I work at a nonprofit shelter for victims of domestic violence-which is great and rewarding.
    Share your proposal story.  He recreated our first date! 
  • edited December 2011
    Andrea and Matthew
    Your ages?
    I'm 24 and Matt is turning 27

Wedding date?
    July 20, 2013

Just over two years

Bristol

We are getting married at the farm. :-)

My cousin Greg and Matt are coworkers. Greg and his wife Melanie invited Matt and I out to the Kenosha County fair so it was more of a group date than just a regular blind date. We ended up having a blast that evening that we went out again that same weekend.

Marrying Matt and spending one of the most special days of our lives with our family and friends.

These are both Matt's suggestions. He wanted to do a different first dance so my great aunt is going to play a polka for us. He also wants to have a soft serve ice cream machine. (I'm having troubles finding one to rent so if anyone has any ideas where to rent one please let me know!)

I'm a special projects manager for a small buisness. I'm studying to get my associates degree in accounting.

I love looking at all the wedding stuff and I'm hoping I can decide what I want to do at our wedding. LOL!

Matt proposed the day after my birthday. We pretty much reenacted our second date. It didn't work out exactly as planned so he ended up proposing in my jeep sitting in the driveway. I was so happy he proposed!
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your name? FI's name? (sharing this is optional) I'm Whitney, FI is Cameron Your ages? I'm 23, he's 22 (both will be 23 at wedding) Wedding date? 04/28/2012 How long have you been with your FI? "Officially" a little over a year, unofficially "hung out" when he came home on leave from the Navy since we graduated high school. Where do you live? (city) From Wausau, but live in Norfolk, VA where he is stationed Where are you getting married? Venue? Our ceremony and reception are at a pavilion How did you meet your FI? Went to school together since 6th grade. Didn't really get to know each other til 9th grade when my BFF and I decided to be baseball managers, and FI was on the team. He asked me out on our first date during baseball season of senior year. What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? Being able to call him my husband! And wearing my amazing dress that I got off the sales rack for $99 :) What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase? Still in the early-ish stages, but so far I'm pretty darn proud of my dress purchase! What do you do for a living/dream job? Economy sucks...after graduating college, all I could find for now is a nanny gig. My dream job (after more school) is teaching birth classes/doula/breast feeding. Any random thing you want to share with us? Hmmm....nah :) Share your proposal story. To make it short, while we were home on his leave he took me to lunch at the same place he took me on our first date. Then we went for a walk at our high school baseball diamond. We were standing on home plate talking, when he said he had a question. He pulled out the ring, got down on one knee, and popped the question. I screamed yes and started crying :)
  • MiksChick23MiksChick23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Martelle, FI is Kyle

Your ages? 28 & 29

Wedding date? June 30, 2012

How long have you been with your FI? 6 1/2 years

Where do you live? (city) Eau Claire

Where are you getting married? Venue? Lake Wissota Golf Club in Chippewa Falls

How did you meet your FI? Working together at Menards

What are you most looking forward to with the wedding? Having an event with all of our most loved family and friends

What is your favorite wedding planning idea/purchase? I am thrilled that we are getting married on a golf course and I am very excited about my dress!

What do you do for a living/dream job? I work for UnitedHealth Care, but my dream job would be a highschool civics teacher

Any random thing you want to share with us? We are both obsessed with Fantasy Football.

Share your proposal story. Kyle suprised me on our 6 year anniversary with a proposal. I hadn't expected it because a few weeks earlier he had some random identity theif drain his savings account.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards